Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Coaching Carousel

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    I would guess that most of the coaches around the league are realistic about what could potentially be accomplished at SCSU.
    Probably fair to say that all the D1 potential H/C's are realistic as to what can be accomplished there.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Probably fair to say that all the D1 potential H/C's are realistic as to what can be accomplished there.
      How many players have transferred out lately?

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
        Yea it’s definitely weird, that they haven’t hired anyone yet. With the new rink, I feel like the program is getting a rare boost. Why squander it by going several months without a head coach.
        Agreed. That rink looks amazing in the videos and looks to be near completion. I heard several D1 level coaches applied but haven't heard anything beyond that. Also 2 girls transferred and 3 decommitted. Not a good start to a new era.

Comment

Tori Emoff named the new head coach at Stevenson.

https://www.gomustangsports.com/spor...20190625ghrf0k

Comment

How about we throw the discussion of the new Wwcha commissioner into the mix. Seems like Flowers is more suited to be a Lobbiest than a Commissioner, though the 2 jobs do have some over-lap. No hockey or media experience. Isn't it hard to be a commissioner over a sport you have no idea how it works?
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

How about we throw the discussion of the new Wwcha commissioner into the mix. Seems like Flowers is more suited to be a Lobbiest than a Commissioner, though the 2 jobs do have some over-lap. No hockey or media experience. Isn't it hard to be a commissioner over a sport you have no idea how it works?
              Along those same lines, how do you have the same person being commissioner across multiple conferences? Katie Boldvich.....

Comment

I think athletic administration is pretty standard. As for sport specific stuff, I think the key things can be picked up on fairly quickly by a reasonably intelligent person capable of doing the job at all. And also, a good commissioner should be able to hire people they trust with the sport-specific knowledge and rely on their advice.

As for administrators like Boldvich or Tom Di Camillo (SUNYAC and NEWHL) who are the commissioners of multiple conferences, I can't think of a situation where a conference commissioner of multiple conferences would be in a conflict where they would make a decision for one conference that would be a detriment to the other. The decisions they make for each conference would be self-contained to the conference it applies to, wouldn't it? As long as the members are satisfied their commissioner is doing the job they were hired for and not shortchanging them the attention they need due to other commitments, I don't see where the issue is.

Comment

Shelley Looney announced as new coach at Lindenwood. Very exciting hire.

https://lindenwoodlions.com/news/201...x?path=whockey

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                    I think athletic administration is pretty standard. As for sport specific stuff, I think the key things can be picked up on fairly quickly by a reasonably intelligent person capable of doing the job at all. And also, a good commissioner should be able to hire people they trust with the sport-specific knowledge and rely on their advice.

As for administrators like Boldvich or Tom Di Camillo (SUNYAC and NEWHL) who are the commissioners of multiple conferences, I can't think of a situation where a conference commissioner of multiple conferences would be in a conflict where they would make a decision for one conference that would be a detriment to the other. The decisions they make for each conference would be self-contained to the conference it applies to, wouldn't it? As long as the members are satisfied their commissioner is doing the job they were hired for and not shortchanging them the attention they need due to other commitments, I don't see where the issue is.
                    Isn’t there the possibility of conflict when a school tries to switch conferences? Although those cases may be few and far between, it seems just a little to cozy for my taste. And we really don’t know what conversations happen behind closed doors.

Remember this is the NCAA so nothing would really surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
                      Isn’t there the possibility of conflict when a school tries to switch conferences? Although those cases may be few and far between, it seems just a little to cozy for my taste. And we really don’t know what conversations happen behind closed doors.

Remember this is the NCAA so nothing would really surprise me.
                      My understanding is that:

1) Conference membership is voted on by the members, not decided by the commissioner.
                      2) There are bylaws regarding entrance and exiting members that they would have to follow, even if someone like Boldvich is commissioner of both conferences a hypothetical school would be leaving and going to.

I think if there were ever a real issue the member schools would step in and get a new commissioner. There's been movement of schools between the NEHC and CHC with her at the helm and everyone seems to be where they want...

If it makes you feel any better, the NECC just announced they're replacing Boldvich with the second in command of the Empire 8, so she only has the three single sport conferences (CHC, NEHC and ECFC) to worry about.

Comment

[QUOTE=Scott_TG;6817339]My understanding is that:

1) Conference membership is voted on by the members, not decided by the commissioner.
                        2) There are bylaws regarding entrance and exiting members that they would have to follow, even if someone like Boldvich is commissioner of both conferences a hypothetical school would be leaving and going to.

I think if there were ever a real issue the member schools would step in and get a new commissioner. There's been movement of schools between the NEHC and CHC with her at the helm and everyone seems to be where they want...

If it makes you feel any better, the NECC just announced they're replacing Boldvich with the second in command of the Empire 8, so she only has the three single sport conferences (CHC, NEHC and ECFC)

I’m sure everything is above board but it’s just an odd arrangement.

Comment

well what did the last one accomplish?
                          the changes made seemed what you could have gotten out of any student who you could have gotten for free
                          in fact that would be my suggestion, next time get an intern, they probably have more insight as to why students don't go to the games, which would be the easiest way to increase attendance

Comment

Julia Duquette '17 is the new assistant at SUNY Plattsburgh. The 4 time champion and hero of the 2017 NCAA Championship game has been an assistant coach and operations coordinator at Selects Academy at Bishop Kearney in Rochester.

Comment

Nichols has hired SUNY Cortland assistant coach Samantha Fallon as their new HC, replacing Mike O'Grady. A player at UMB, Fallon was the ACHA DII HC and ACHA D1 assistant coach at Adrian prior to her 1 year as the assistant at Cortland.

Comment

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
                                I looked for the old thread, but couldn't find it, so...

I see Princeton is looking for an Assistant Coach. Anyone have the inside scoop as to why? Nothing posted on their website.
                                Is it true that another Princeton assistant coach is gone? (Not new hire Ruzzi) Surprising that both assistant coaches would be let go or choose to leave after a successful season.

Comment

Working...
                                X