Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Schedules

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Looks like someone forgot to renew the domain name. Which is silly. Even if you don't want to continue, it's cheap to hold onto the name just in case.
    I'm with you. I took down my resume website but am parking the domain in case. Cost me $30 bucks for a year when adding in a couple of extras.

If they're ceasing operations they should announce it.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
      Sad if true, they had some good content.
      yes I used them to go to many different teams website to watch the games...…..ow well

Comment

Webb closed up D3hockey.com and is following Social D around the country full-time?

Comment

Elmira
          https://athletics.elmira.edu/news/20...-schedule.aspx
          Dave
          RIT - '90

Comment

• Originally posted by altazo View Post
            Webb closed up D3hockey.com and is following Social D around the country full-time?
            Ray made a series of twitter posts today that his current jobs preclude being editor of d3hockey.com. I think the Twitter account will still function. The webb page? Who knows?
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Ray made a series of twitter posts today that his current jobs preclude being editor of d3hockey.com. I think the Twitter account will still function. The webb page? Who knows?
              Ok Thanks Joe......we are going to have to get a thread that lists all/some/most/any of the schools video links so those like myself,computer challeneged , can survive...…..

Comment

What Ray Posted

(1/However many it takes) Hey everyone....

After a lot of thought and reflection this offseason, I have decided to relinquish editorship of https://t.co/jCnCvGvTrj. The demands of running the site as a volunteer endeavor, in addition to multiple jobs, simply became too great.

(2) It gives me no pleasure to have to make that move. Unfortunately having this website stacked on top of two jobs on weekends in the winter was a bit more than the hours in the day held, and trying to finish the site's work while falling asleep was all too frequent.

(3) I love the game very much to this day, and will continue to be involved in it in so many ways, including my work at Utica, the UCHC, and https://t.co/bEJjZuS0W8. And I will tinker with keeping this account going as a resource. But running the site is no longer possible.

(4) Thanks to each and every one of you for making this site a reality. We couldn't have done any of it without you. I'll see you all at the rink this winter, and every winter. -Biggsy

But yeah, this Twitter account? If I can keep the party going centralize a lot of info into one place, I will do it. Stay tuned. -RB
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

It's sad the site is ending, but the twitter account is a valuable resource in it's own right so it would be great if it continued.
                  #OneKnight

Comment

That site has been pretty-much moribund for years now. Even fewer people paid any attention to it than they do to this one right now. (And the "rankings" thing was -well- either unfounded or ridiculous, by anyone's call.)

I don't know Ray Biggs, but he sure has done a very good job of explaining the D-3 process on the local radio. We never miss his pre- or post-game comments, even though we've finally figured it out on our own.

He's good at what he does. Very good.

Comment

With the demise of D3hockey.com and its real time scoreboard, do we need to resurrect the scores threads?
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

With the demise of D3hockey.com and its real time scoreboard, do we need to resurrect the scores threads?
                        I would hope and the link to video thread.

Comment

• I would anticipate activity on this site will pick back up.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                            I would anticipate activity on this site will pick back up.
                            I would guess so, too, but only a little.

This has become an old-timers' outlet.

Even while FB offers less detail, nuance, insight, etc., young people seem to prefer it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              I would guess so, too, but only a little.

This has become an old-timers' outlet.

Even while FB offers less detail, nuance, insight, etc., young people seem to prefer it.
                              Wow, I agree with an entire fishy post. LOL

But seriously, I don't get FB. It is a horrible way to communicate and have discussions with a pathetic user interface. Yet, "everyone" prefers to use it.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

D3Hockey.com is back on line this morning.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
                                X