2019-20 Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    UC will need to (at least) split at at Adrian and Oswego, then to have a great conference record to garner the necessary PWR data in order to get a bid..
    Or just win the conference tournament.
    2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
      I never understood the taking care of things yourself mentality, especially when you can just leave your fate in someone else’s hands...

Comment

Re: 2019-20 Schedules

Originally posted by altazo View Post
        I never understood the taking care of things yourself mentality, especially when you can just leave your fate in someone else’s hands...
        The tournament final is but one game of 26 or so (3.8% of the body of work involved) yet that one game can negate the entire conference regular season.

How that situation makes sense to anyone is a continuing source of confusion to me, and I'm trying to be polite here.

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
          So let's just play that right away in October, and cut to the chase..? We could wrap the whole season up before Thanksgiving that way, and avoid the many meaningless games through the winter.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 08-03-2019, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Puck Buster

The tournament final is but one game of 26 or so (3.8% of the body of work involved) yet that one game can negate the entire conference regular season.

How that situation makes sense to anyone is a continuing source of confusion to me, and I'm trying to be polite here.
            Just bustin’ balls here (of course), but the NCAA Quarterfinal, Semifinal, and Championship games are an even smaller percentage of the overall body of work, yet any of those can also negate/end your season.

Ultimately, it all comes-down to... just win, Baby!!

Cheers!!!
            ~TTF
            Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 08-03-2019, 08:44 PM.
            Dave
            RIT - '90

Comment

Re: Puck Buster

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
              Just bustin’ balls here (of course), but the NCAA Quarterfinal, Semifinal, and Championship games are an even smaller percentage of the overall body of work, yet any of those can also negate/end your season.

Ultimately, it all comes-down to... just win, Baby!!

Cheers!!!
              ~TTF
              That's true, too, of course.

But at least selecting the field for that final shot at the hardware might employ a better use of the available data. There are always teams that sneak-in, without the credentials to warrant that.

Anyway, cheers right back at you, sincerely. You made a good point.

Mine, was that a team gets a National bid if it has a body of work that stands-up to scrutiny, and not just on the basis of a mere weekend of our fickle game.
              Last edited by Fishman'81; 08-03-2019, 10:40 PM.

Comment

every college sport is that way for most conferences.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                  Especially in Division III.
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Head meet wall....

Wall meet head.....

Any questions?
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                      But, does the mere fact that it's commonplace render it either fair or logical..?
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 08-04-2019, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                        Especially in Division III.
                        Prof, as a professional statistician, I can't believe for a nano-second that you find this system equitable. Don't you agree that these tournaments (potentially) expunge months' worth of data for the sake of a brief sideshow?

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                          Head meet wall....

Wall meet head.....

Any questions?
                          Yeah!

Tell me why you think it makes sense. I'm all ears.

(And, BTW, how have you been? We haven't argued in years. )

Comment

Prof, as a professional statistician, I can't believe for a nano-second that you find this system equitable. Don't you agree that these tournaments (potentially) expunge months' worth of data for the sake of a brief sideshow?
                            It's 100% equitable because everybody just needs to win their conference to make the tournament (assuming your conference has an autobid)
                            #OneKnight

Comment

The real injustice is that Utica had to play such a big, strong, and old team in their conference championship.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                                The real injustice is that Utica had to play such a big, strong, and old team in their conference championship.
                                Well, yeah, Utica had to win the conference twice to advance, while M'ville could just get hot for 10 days, and negate the previous and much-larger body of work. That sort of thing flies in the face of any semblance of logic.

And, Champs, don't pound your head against the wall. I realize that I harp on certain points, but only because it's so frustrating to witness the ongoing parade of stupid traditions.

D-3 actually employs a PWR, finally. Who saw that coming? Somebody must have complained about the smoke-filled room BS...

And it's possible that the silly conference tournaments AQ calculus will someday succumb to the same sort of common-sense, too.
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 08-05-2019, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X