X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Schedules

[QUOTE=Fishman'81;6833493]
    Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Well, none of the regulars here argued for a transparent process on this site, either.

Pretty-much the same thing.
    Umm, no. Try again.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      OK, but just because any political body lawfully chooses to employ a bad metric, it's still a bad metric, don't you agree?
      Again, lobby your conference. It has nothing to do with the NCAA.
      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Did I b**** this past season? Perhaps I did, but, let's face it, all the better D-3 hockey teams are old by the usual college standards. (Utica, too.)

Speaking of Utica, I didn't reference them in this conversation, because that would have been beside the point.

The tournament AQ's are D-U-M, dum, was my point. And if you were just fine with SNC being bounced from the NCAA's on the basis of that, well...
        Oh, the irony of spelling dumb wrong...
        Russell Jaslow

Comment

Of course the RS is "fun", but how meaningful is it, if it can be negated via a couple of games in March? Every game should mean something, in the context of a full season.

Otherwise, why even play them? The current situation absolutely flies in the face of "common-sense", and it's really impossible to build a logical argument to the contrary. Conference-tourament AQ's are a gimmick, period.

I understand that I'm USCHO's designated D-3 AH, and I'm OK with that, actually, but I have never read anything even resembling a cogent opinion as to why it's just fine for a 5th place team -over the course of a 20+ game RS- to usurp an NCAA berth from another team which has won the conference RS...

(And, I don't expect to, ever.)
          Why stop with the conference tournaments? Your argument is so compelling you've convinced me that they should do away with the NCAA Tournament too! If a whole season's work can be undone by losing a single game in March, I see no reason why they don't just award the NCAA championship to the #1 PWR team at the conclusion of the regular season (henceforth just "the season"). That way every single game matters and an unworthy team will NEVER eliminate a better one in a one-and-done format. Because a tournament will never deliver the 100% objective and logical outcome that a spreadsheet can.
          #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
            Why stop with the conference tournaments? Your argument is so compelling you've convinced me that they should do away with the NCAA Tournament too! If a whole season's work can be undone by losing a single game in March, I see no reason why they don't just award the NCAA championship to the #1 PWR team at the conclusion of the regular season (henceforth just "the season"). That way every single game matters and an unworthy team will NEVER eliminate a better one in a one-and-done format. Because a tournament will never deliver the 100% objective and logical outcome that a spreadsheet can.
            I'm sold!!
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
              I recall a painful year in which Norwich lost in the first round to the last seed. So be it.

I believe that was the year that the #8, #7, #6 and #4 seeds won...USM came within 2 minutes of hosting the semi-finals/finals as a #5 seed

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
                I believe that was the year that the #8, #7, #6 and #4 seeds won...USM came within 2 minutes of hosting the semi-finals/finals as a #5 seed
                And a great regular season meeting the criteria still gets a tourney bid.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  Oh, the irony of spelling dumb wrong...
                  And, the irony of you not recognizing the irony...

(Giving you the benefit of the doubt here.)
                  Last edited by Fishman'81; 08-19-2019, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                    Yes, you're actually right, and I'm not peeing on your leg nor being facetious here.

In a perfect world, every team would play every other, and there you go as far as the metrics... Thing is, there is so little comparative data between East and West in D-3 that a decent statistical analysis isn't feasible in a National sense.

Look, the NCAA's are great fun, and there's nothing wrong with ONE fun little tournament at the very end of the season, as long as the participants are worthy, and not there by dint of a hot weekend.
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 08-19-2019, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                      And a great regular season meeting the criteria still gets a tourney bid.
                      Not if those deserved berths are displaced by a few gift conference AQ's...

This isn't rocket science, folks.

Comment

Off topic but what happened to d3hockey.com ,tried it for the first time in awhile and go daddy pops up??? are they done??

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                          Off topic but what happened to d3hockey.com ,tried it for the first time in awhile and go daddy pops up??? are they done??
                          Sad if true, they had some good content.
                          #OneKnight

Comment

Very cryptic tweet from their Twitter

Comment

Looks like someone forgot to renew the domain name. Which is silly. Even if you don't want to continue, it's cheap to hold onto the name just in case.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

And, the irony of you not recognizing the irony...

(Giving you the benefit of the doubt here.)
                                I had a pretty good feeling you were playing with us. I just had to make sure.

Point for you, sir.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X