Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    did you read the twitter thread about the change in style?
    If you're talking about the plotters vs pantsers twitter thread(?) then yeah. I don't envy what the directors had on their plate as far as trying to placate the actors (who clearly want this wrapped up), bridging the gap themselves as far as the plot because GRRM didn't finish the books, figuring out how to tie up all the loose ends of what GRRM built in terms of a character network, and all the usual work that goes into something this massive.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      Right but they were able to crank out a new season every year for the better part of a decade and for this season they had what, 2 years to complete it? And this is what they came up with?
      Because before, it was already written. They just had to cut and prune and then reassemble.

Now they had to actually create.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Because before, it was already written. They just had to cut and prune and then reassemble.

Now they had to actually create.
        They certainly did not have to create much. All they had to do was make up the ending for all the characters. And there were thousands of theories online that they could have datamined so they certainly didn't have to "think" really at all. Just pick one.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm really hoping all the disappointment of most thus far is mute by the results of Sunday's finale.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I'm really hoping all the disappointment of most thus far is mute by the results of Sunday's finale.
            I'm thinking I'll be lucky to get one thing out of the finale. And I got the great ending to the Night King by Arya. That's good enough. If I get nothing on Sunday I will be very disappointed.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              I doubt it, I can't think of anyone who actually likes the final season or doesn't at least think it should be a lot better given how much time they had.
              I like it. Most of the people I talk to have enjoyed it.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                I'm thinking I'll be lucky to get one thing out of the finale. And I got the great ending to the Night King by Arya. That's good enough. If I get nothing on Sunday I will be very disappointed.
                I have faith that you'll be disappointed regardless.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The disappointment comes from the expectations which were insane. Closure was never going to give people what they wanted, because what people are mostly disappointed by is the closing off of all the cool possibilities of their favorite characters. It's not so much the road taken as all the ones not taken.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    The disappointment comes from the expectations which were insane. Closure was never going to give people what they wanted, because what people are mostly disappointed by is the closing off of all the cool possibilities of their favorite characters. It's not so much the road taken as all the ones not taken.
                    Baaah. I had multiple endings for all the characters in mind and they managed to pick none of them. I knew they were all going to end and I never locked myself into any particular ending. Even with that amount of latitude they have managed to disappoint me in many ways.

Comment

THe writers and production team had an impossible job: Ordering pizza for 12 million people. Everyone wanted a five-topping pizza and now everyone is pzzed because they didn't get exactly the pizza they wanted.

Look, the season hasn't been as good as six (I think it was six) but it's still better than anything else on network television and better than all but the best of what cable has to offer.
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        it's still better than anything else on network television
                        Boy, is that a low bar.

The Good Place is the only network show I can think of that asks for an IQ higher than a succulent. Before that the single intelligent network show was Community. Before that... I dunno. The Office?
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Boy, is that a low bar.

The Good Place is the only network show I can think of that asks for an IQ higher than a succulent. Before that the single intelligent network show was Community. Before that... I dunno. The Office?
                          Veep. Barry has been incredible in that regard as well.

Comment

Originally posted by scoobydoo View Post
                            Veep.
                            Nope. HBO.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Nope. HBO.
                              Oh, I see. Network show. Yeah, that's a cesspool right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Oh, I see. Network show. Yeah, that's a cesspool right now.
                                I think it will be forever. The best thing about the proliferation of outlets is it gives breathing room for shows for smart people. When you only had the majors that was a losing proposition -- the market slice is just too small.

I hope they keep on going from 200 to 2,000 to 20,000 outlets. Hell, an infinite number. I'll pay for a slate of shows marketed strictly to the big brains that literally could not care less whether a single small brain can follow them. Pure subscription model and asphyxiate media marketing. Drive commerce back to the business of providing for the needs of people, not ramping up their desires to be forever so unhappy they have to buy to fill their empty places.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X