Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    What about Bran? There has to be some great revelation with Bran?
    Crawls underground and gets stuck in the roots of that tree.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Jon gets turned into a White Walker
      The next Night King to repeat the cycle all over again.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        For those of us (Myself Included) who are disappointed in how Dany's arc is coming to fruition, YES, we know that all this was foreshadowed and yes we watched the show the entire time. It doesn't change our minds. Sometimes the obvious is the easy way out. I think they actually did make it obvious what was going to happen with the way they handled the Missandei killing.
        This is a good article on all the different viewpoints from critics.

http://digg.com/2019/game-of-thrones...aenerys-review

What I find particular interesting was the next to last one from Slate by the military strategist. That viewpoint reminds me what we did at Dresden.

Here's the full Slate article:

https://slate.com/culture/2019/05/ba...s-tactics.html
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

For those of us (Myself Included) who are disappointed in how Dany's arc is coming to fruition, YES, we know that all this was foreshadowed and yes we watched the show the entire time. It doesn't change our minds. Sometimes the obvious is the easy way out. I think they actually did make it obvious what was going to happen with the way they handled the Missandei killing.
          But that's Dani. She's been that way the entire series. Her first instinct in solving any problem is to unleash her dragons, kill everyone, and leave the rest to support her by fear. Its only getting talked out of doing things that way by Jorah, Tyrion or Missandei that has kept her from doing so.

And what has that gotten her? Jorah and Missandei are dead, and Tyrion betrayed her. No one in this strange new world loves her, or supports her for any reason other than she has dragons. Even Jon won't bang her anymore.

Plus, she learned how to rule by the example of Khal Drogo.

So, fear it is.

I have no doubts that next episode Tyrion gets Dracarysed for letting Jaime go, his final act of betrayal, leaving Jon to play Queenslayer to save what's left of the kingdom.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            But that's Dani. She's been that way the entire series. Her first instinct in solving any problem is to unleash her dragons, kill everyone, and leave the rest to support her by fear. Its only getting talked out of doing things that way by Jorah, Tyrion or Missandei that has kept her from doing so.

And what has that gotten her? Jorah and Missandei are dead, and Tyrion betrayed her. No one in this strange new world loves her, or supports her for any reason other than she has dragons. Even Jon won't bang her anymore.

Plus, she learned how to rule by the example of Khal Drogo.

So, fear it is.

I have no doubts that next episode Tyrion gets Dracarysed for letting Jaime go, his final act of betrayal, leaving Jon to play Queenslayer to save what's left of the kingdom.
            One of the responses Russell provided illustrates it better than I did.

The problem with Dany going full Mad Queen isn't that she used to be a hero or that the show never foreshadowed it. There have been seeds, all the way back to Season 1 when she burned Mirri Maz Duur alive as vengeance for Khal Drogo's death. She has long been vain, ruthless and completely convinced of her own brilliance.

But the show spent far more time making Dany a hero, if a rather boring one. Making her Mad Queen Dany now is rushed, unearned and emotionless.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

One of the responses Russell provided illustrates it better than I did.
              Well, that's true, but these last two seasons have been rushed. The show's creators are better adaptors than artistically creative.

Comment

Well, that's true, but these last two seasons have been rushed. The show's creators are better adaptors than artistically creative.
                If they had been artistically creative she wouldn't have gone Mad Queen. All the options were in front of them and they took the easy way out. And, it was entirely emotionless like the quote I just posted. And when things are emotionless on the Telly you end up shutting it off.

In fact that's exactly why I shut Dexter off after 5 seasons and I was a HUGE Dexter fan. Huge. Never watched it again.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I think it's entirely possible that Dani looked around, realized the utter lack of brains or talent assembled under her, and thought to herself that if she was going to be a benevolent despot then she would have to depend on them so screw that.

Everybody with a shred of honor, stones, or brains is dead except Sansa who has all three in good measure but also hates her and has a psychotic Ninja kid sister.

Either that or Dani has been an elaborate metaphor for the US this whole time and, welp, crazy and violent.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 05-15-2019, 01:52 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If they had been artistically creative she wouldn't have gone Mad Queen. All the options were in front of them and they took the easy way out. And, it was entirely emotionless like the quote I just posted. And when things are emotionless on the Telly you end up shutting it off.

In fact that's exactly why I shut Dexter off after 5 seasons and I was a HUGE Dexter fan. Huge. Never watched it again.
                    But the easy way out doesn't necessarily make it bad. We all knew the Hound/Mountain confrontation was coming since the first season. That didn't disappoint.

Its all in the execution. Better writing would have made Dani's storyline more compelling.

Comment

But the easy way out doesn't necessarily make it bad. We all knew the Hound/Mountain confrontation was coming since the first season. That didn't disappoint.

Its all in the execution. Better writing would have made Dani's storyline more compelling.
                      We'll see. I loved the fantasy ending to the show. The political ending has been horrible so far. There is still enough time for me to have one thing to hold onto.

Comment

Was Scooby the first one to sign this petition?

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...eason-n1006326
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                          Was Scooby the first one to sign this petition?
                          I doubt it, I can't think of anyone who actually likes the final season or doesn't at least think it should be a lot better given how much time they had.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            I doubt it, I can't think of anyone who actually likes the final season or doesn't at least think it should be a lot better given how much time they had.
                            I think one of the best points I've heard is that we've had too much time. They didn't have as much time as you might think because for the most part they needed to figure out what they were doing a long time ago because it took so much work to shoot the episodes, etc.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Right but they were able to crank out a new season every year for the better part of a decade and for this season they had what, 2 years to complete it? And this is what they came up with?

I don't really even have a problem with the storyline itself or the plot developments, it's more how it's being handled and how rushed some of the plot lines and character development is. If I had to guess they went with GRRM's ending but had no idea of how to get there and so we got this super rushed ending where 2-3 seasons worth of plot lines got crammed into 6 episodes and they somehow had to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                Right but they were able to crank out a new season every year for the better part of a decade and for this season they had what, 2 years to complete it? And this is what they came up with?

I don't really even have a problem with the storyline itself or the plot developments, it's more how it's being handled and how rushed some of the plot lines and character development is. If I had to guess they went with GRRM's ending but had no idea of how to get there and so we got this super rushed ending where 2-3 seasons worth of plot lines got crammed into 6 episodes and they somehow had to make it work.
                                did you read the twitter thread about the change in style?
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X