X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movie Thread #50: Godzilla gives us permission to nuke our enemies

Regal announces subscription plan

Regal Cinemas has finally unveiled its monthly subscription plan, and it is the most aggressive offering yet among the top three circuits in the U.S.

Patrons willing to shell out $18 to $23.50 per month, along with a 12-month commitment, can view as many movies as they want on a standard format screen. The bigger the city, the more expensive it will be, such as in Los Angeles and New York.

Those paying $18 will have access to 200 of Regal's 564-plus locations across the country that are in smaller markets. For entry to the second tier, or 400 cinemas, patrons will pay $21. Those paying $23.50 can go to any Regal theater, including L.A. Live in downtown Los Angeles and the popular Union Square multiplex in Manhattan.

Regal Unlimited is expected to be officially announced in the coming days. The details of the yet-to-be-launched service were posted Wednesday on the circuit's website, including additional perks, such as a 10 percent discount on concessions and free birthday popcorn.
    Works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      I am not a big Tarantino guy but I am seeing that film today. The previews make it seem like it doesnt suffer from what most of his films do. Funny thing is I could listen to him talk about movies for HOURS but most of his movies are way too over the top for me.

And the film is about the Manson era of Hollywood...of course there is going to be exploitation of women. That is like complaining about how Black people are treated in a film about the South during the slavery era.
      Dicaprio gives an amazing performance. So does Brad. It will be interesting to see if you like it or not. Based on what you're saying here it could go either way for you. Me, I love Tarantino. I'm trying to figure out why I haven't watched Reservoir Dogs or Django Unchained yet. I've seen all the rest.

Hateful 8 is still my favorite and that same review that ripped Hollywood tore that one a new one.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Even if there was a Regal close to me (none in MN according to their site) the AMC deal is better. That one isnt bad though.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Was the Regal where Top Golf is now the last one in MN?
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            Was the Regal where Top Golf is now the last one in MN?
            Regal used to have a few locations around town. They were either torn down, like the one where Top Golf is now, or sold to other chains, like their Eagan location,.

Tangent to that, Carmike sold its MN theaters. I think most of them were sold to AMC, like their Apple Valley location.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              In what universe is Moana underrated. It is one of the best loved of the newer Disney films.

aparch,

I tried watching a few classics recently...they do NOT hold up. The 90s era stuff still does...but the older stuff is just awful. It is fun to MST3K them though
              I wouldn’t call Big Hero 6 underrated either, it’s definitely well liked. Now, A Goofy Movie is underrated.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Big Hero 6 and Moana were well liked but you won't see them make many Top 5 or Top 10 lists, or rarely get mentioned in the same sentence as some of the more obvious choices.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Well, Once Upon a Time In Hollywood is an interesting film. Read a scathing review in the NY Post just now. His premise is the exploitation of women? I guess. Umm...does the current political landscape mean that a period piece can't be an accurate period piece? I don't get it.
                  Of course it's the NY Post. They probably think they're writing a clever satirical review from a typical "PC librul snowflake" critic, or something.

Comment

What... not even an honorable-mention of my personal favorite -The Aristocats?!? This tops my Disney list due to the soundtrack alone (with exception of that ‘Siamese Cat’ tune ). Plus, bonus points to ‘Dutchess’ being voiced by Eva Gabor (me-ow!).

Cheers!!!
                    ~TTF
                    Dave
                    RIT - '90

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Of course it's the NY Post. They probably think they're writing a clever satirical review from a typical "PC librul snowflake" critic, or something.
                      The Post makes the Daily News look like the London Times.

There's a NY deli here I go to twice a week and read the bloids while I wait. The Post is just as awful now as I remember it, down to the third grade reading level. They're dumber and more loathsome than Sinclair or Hannity. They were born to be MAGAts.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
                        What... not even an honorable-mention of my personal favorite -The Aristocats?!? This tops my Disney list due to the soundtrack alone (with exception of that ‘Siamese Cat’ tune ). Plus, bonus points to ‘Dutchess’ being voiced by Eva Gabor (me-ow!).

Cheers!!!
                        ~TTF
                        The Aristocats does have one of the best lines:

Also, Marie plushes were f-ing everywhere at Disney World.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Even if there was a Regal close to me (none in MN according to their site) the AMC deal is better. That one isnt bad though.
                          Sadly the nearest AMC is 120 miles away.

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post

Cheers!!!
                          ~TTF
                          I thought the offensive Siamese Cat tune was in Lady & the Tramp
                          Or is there more than one?

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            Sadly the nearest AMC is 120 miles away.
                            How is this possible? Are you on the Space Station?
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              Or is there more than one?
                              Yes. Because Disney.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                How is this possible? Are you on the Space Station?
                                Worse. Maine.

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Yes. Because Disney.
                                Of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X