This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Jackman's Wolverine is really easy to hate. He's got no depth or character, it's just cliches piled on top of each other and adolescent male profundity.

I did like the last movie, though, and it reversed a lot of the crappiness of the other ones. It didn't help the character that those other movies blew.
    That isnt Jackman that is the character. Wolverine is a one note character beloved because he is a *****.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: Movie Thread #50: Godzilla gives us permission to nuke our enemies

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      That isnt Jackman that is the character. Wolverine is a one note character beloved because he is a *****.
      This. I hated him in the comics long before I hated him on the screen.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        This. I hated him in the comics long before I hated him on the screen.
        I'll take your word for it. But there are a-hole characters who are great to root for. Jackman drags his fatuous fake working class martyred pathos into all his work, from X Men to Les Mis. What if Bruce Springsteen took acting lessons from Clint Eastwood to portray Anne Frank? Blech.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          ...What if Bruce Springsteen [...] portray[ed] Anne Frank? ...
          This sounds like a horrible WWII era Mrs. Doubtfire remake.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The Duel:
            A Texas Ranger investigates a series of unexplained deaths in a town called Helena.

Liam Hemsworth and Woody Harrelson star in the period piece (late 1800s). I thought it was a very good character study, nice suspense, good balance of all views involved. Alice Braga (Queen Of The South) is also in it, and she continues to impress me as an actress. I would recommend seeing this one.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Dark Phoenix.

Best X-Men since X-Men 2.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Yes, never insult Hugh jackman!!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Dark Phoenix.

Best X-Men since X-Men 2.
                  Didnt you say you havent seen an X-Men film since X-Men: The Last Stand? Of course this would be better than that (that movie was awful)

Glad you liked it though I am seeing it Wednesday cause I aint paying.
                  Last edited by Handyman; 06-08-2019, 10:05 PM.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Yes, never insult Hugh jackman!!

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I finally was able to get my buddy to go see Endgame. (he just had a second kid and runs 2 businesses so time is not his friend) He loved it, I thought it was pretty good but way too long and the ending kind of annoyed me. That said it was a good ending for the series and certain characters...even though it totally left a wide open hole for them to come back in future films. (which is then backed up in the trailer for Spidey) We had fun though MST3king over some of the long drawn out parts and some of the grownworthy stuff.

On that note my buddy is a huge Spidey guy but he is NOT looking forward to that film. Makes me sad but I will still get him there He literally yelled during the Star Wars trailer about how awful that looks and even if I buy he wont go to that sadly.

Anyways Endgame gets an 8 out of 10...would have been a 9 if it was about 30 minutes shorter and if Hawkeye had been erased from existence
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

We went to see Rocketman yesterday and thought it was(captain)fantastic. see what I did there? Went in thinking it was going to be a biopic type Bohemian Rhapsody but the curve they threw was Koufax mesmerizing. Taron Egerton played played Elton Hercules John, sang, and did a spot on job.
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Didnt you say you havent seen an X-Men film since X-Men: The Last Stand? Of course this would be better than that (that movie was awful)

Glad you liked it though I am seeing it Wednesday cause I aint paying.
                          I've seen bits and pieces of the other ones. Logan was the only one that was any good and I ****ing hate Wolverine so............... I really did like it. My buddy did not like it as much but his girlfriend did. He ripped me and said the only reason I liked it so much is because Wolverine wasn't in it. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                            We went to see Rocketman yesterday and thought it was(captain)fantastic. see what I did there? Went in thinking it was going to be a biopic type Bohemian Rhapsody but the curve they threw was Koufax mesmerizing. Taron Egerton played played Elton Hercules John, sang, and did a spot on job.
                            A local reviewer (Star Tribune) said the movie was more of "what it FELT like" being Elton John, rather than the straightforward biopic.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              I've seen bits and pieces of the other ones. Logan was the only one that was any good and I ****ing hate Wolverine so............... I really did like it. My buddy did not like it as much but his girlfriend did. He ripped me and said the only reason I liked it so much is because Wolverine wasn't in it. LOL.
                              Probably helped
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You forgot "I suppose I could riff a list of things I care as little about as our last week... OH. And Hugh Jackman!"
                                "Hugh Jackman is Wolverine! How dare he!"
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X