This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movie Thread #50: Godzilla gives us permission to nuke our enemies

BTW, Avengers: Endgame has officially passed Avatar to become the top grossing movie of all-time.

At least until next December, when Disney re-releases Avatar ahead of Avatar 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Even Hipsters think Kepler has a bad attitude and should lighten up
      You think I'm a hipster? Oy, you are so mistaken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        But they aren't just entertainment. Or are paintings just pretty pictures?

The entertainment aspect of movies is how they make money which gets them made. That's important. But it's not the only important thing, it's just the most accessible thing (which, in the long run, is unimportant, unless you want all your art to be a baby's rattle).
        Totally agree.

...i love Jarmusch, Kubrick, Scorsese Kurosawa And Coppola.

I also love Roadhouse, which, I dunno, I just do.
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

solo - Apollo 13 was very much on point with some obvious Hollywood adds.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            Totally agree.

...i love Jarmusch, Kubrick, Scorsese Kurosawa And Coppola.

I also love Roadhouse, which, I dunno, I just do.
            Cause it’s the best movie made... ever
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Well, I just think he's a bland, talentless, obvious, dreary, sh-tty actor. The Bud Lite of drama.
              Based on not having seen 90% of the stuff he was in.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Cause it’s the best movie made... ever
                Finally. Agreement.

BTW, it was on AMC tonight at the moment of the 50th anniversary. There is something fitting there. It is possible (in fact, probable) that more Americans were watching Roadhouse at that moment than were watching the NASA realtime feed.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  Based on not having seen 90% of the stuff he was in.
                  I'm sure you understand the problem with this as a criticism.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    solo - Apollo 13 was very much on point with some obvious Hollywood adds.
                    I’ll have to watch it then, thanks for the heads-up.
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      You think I'm a hipster? Oy, you are so mistaken.
                      No I was just speaking in general. You like too many things to be a hipster
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        So the new James Bond will be a black female. Gotta say I didn’t see that coming

https://www.vice.com/en_in/article/x...mes-bond-movie
                        Thumper is not happy about that.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aking-007.html
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          if they put out a good, fresh story it doesn't matter who plays bond. no remake of things we've seen. no need to meet blofeld again. thankyouverymuch.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            if they put out a good, fresh story it doesn't matter who plays bond. no remake of things we've seen. no need to meet blofeld again. thankyouverymuch.
                            I'm amazed you didn't propose an interracial lesbian scene between 007 and Blofeld's daughter. Then Fish could be Very Concerned about a trans Bond and we'd all lose our sh-t.
                            Cornell University

Comment

It’s not always about sex..... geez. Grow up, will ya?!?

Comment

This will be the best movie of the year and no one can convince me otherwise. I don’t care if there probably are/will be better movies, this is the best movie.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X