X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Movie Thread #50: Godzilla gives us permission to nuke our enemies

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    It was ok...the bait and switch with Bryan Cranston was lame
    Oh, I disagree. "So, you're a little Breaking Bad fanboy? Psych!" That might have been the best part of the movie. That was up there with Angie Dickinson in Dressed To Kill.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-07-2019, 01:45 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So you are all for ripping people off if they are people you dont like? Interesting...

For the record it wasnt that big of a deal but it wasnt needed. I doubt anyone saw the film ONLY because of him and I guarantee it only happened because he wanted nothing to do with the film and got back end points or something out of it. (and no I dont care what he said publicly he is full of it) The annoying part was he could have been useful in the film past when he died. Just pay him an extra million and kill him off at the end it wasnt like he was doing this for artistic reasons or anything. Or just not hire him and put in [random older actor looking to revitalize his career] and be done with it.

Personally I hope in this film they kill Milly Bobby Brown early because, well, I really dont much like her as an actress
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

We can't have kids in disaster movies - especially if they have to be saved - because if any of these disasters actually effing happened in real life no children would ever be in peril.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          So you are all for ripping people off if they are people you dont like? Interesting...
          If you feel ripped off because a particular actor isn't in a movie the way you thought he was that's on you. The merit of a movie derives from:

70% Writer
          20% Cinematographer
          09% Director
          01% Other, including Actors and Key Grip
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

There is only one Godzilla and Raymond Burr was part of the cast.

The rest are soulless imitations.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

I always wondered: was he in the cast or did somebody (gotta be American International, right?) buy the Japanese print and then shoot a bunch of scenes with him and stick them on for the US audience? As I recall there are 2 different plots and the characters rarely or even never interact. It's like Genesis.
              Last edited by Kepler; 05-07-2019, 05:52 PM.
              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Also, the one with the two chick twins is great, and the one with the monster with the letter opener head is great (they may be the same one). And the pollution one is pretty good (actually that might be the one with the twins).

Now I think of it, Letter Opener Head might be Gamera.
                Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  I always wondered: was he in the cast or did somebody (gotta be American International, right?) buy the Japanese print and then shoot a bunch of scenes with him and stick them on for the US audience? As I recall there are 2 different plots and the characters rarely or even never interact. It's like Genesis.
                  You got it in one.

However the best "insert plot into Japanese movie" movie goes to "What's Up Tiger Lily".
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Put me in the "I enjoyed this" Camp for the latest itteration of Godzilla....

Hell, this is the only non-Disney franchise of the past 10 years that hasn't crashed and burned in the "We NEED to make a cinematic universe" phase (i.e. Dark Universe, DC, Transformers, etc.). Looking forward to the movie in 3 weeks to see where it goes. I want a popcorn movie here and the 2 previous installments delivered that...
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Hey, I was mildly disappointed with Jon Hamm's basically pointless character and dropped plot thread in El Royale, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the rest of the flick.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Hey, I was mildly disappointed with Jon Hamm's basically pointless character and dropped plot thread in El Royale, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the rest of the flick.
                        I took in Hamm's perfomance as comedic relief, which it kinda was. He really is trying to break out of his Mad Men character (also see: Baby Driver).
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Did the spoiler thread get deleted or have I gone even dumber than usual?
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Did the spoiler thread get deleted or have I gone even dumber than usual?
                            No one has posted since 4/28 so it was on page 2.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              No one has posted since 4/28 so it was on page 2.
                              Yeah, I found it this morning. Thanks. For some reason, I thought the thread was newer than that.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                It's like when William Holden gets invited upstairs in Sunset Boulevard she's got guns instead of a dead monkey.

dx: I know you hate old movies but you have to watch that. You have to.
                                I intend to watch everything on the AFI 100 at some point. I've seen at least 46 of them already (from the 1998 and 2007 lists; out of 123) and like most of those I've seen. I didn't like 2001 or Clockwork. I didn't like Rocky when I first saw it, but it's been a very long time since then. Deer Hunter was just ok, but you gave me some "tips" for when I rewatch it.

Yes, I know these are only american films, but whatever. Gotta start somewhere. I'm sure BFI has one and there might even be one for global pictures. According to Wikipedia, Roger Ebert considers Sight & Sound's rankings the best: "by far the most respected of the countless polls of great movies—the only one most serious movie people take seriously." So I'll probably get around to that as well. Only seen 8 of the 50 on the 2012 list.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X