X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movie Thread #50: Godzilla gives us permission to nuke our enemies

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    I HIGHLY recommend seeing not only this, but the accompanying documentary with Peter Jackson that shows how they did this. It was remarkable.
    Agreed. I was blown away, and I'm not exactly a history of war buff. If one is, you will be drooling and pleasuring yourself at how well this was done. That's not a riff, it's the dam truth.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      What happened? The original tweet was deleted and the account was suspended

Edit: omg
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        What happened? The original tweet was deleted and the account was suspended

Edit: omg
        Some lady went off about how Disney blew it, was throwing away her Little Mermaid DVD away because of it. (Ummm you already bought it)

Jana Shortal' s response was good as well. "Dear readers, anything that starts with 'Us white women' requires no further reading."
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Some lady went off about how Disney blew it, was throwing away her Little Mermaid DVD away because of it. (Ummm you already bought it)

Jana Shortal' s response was good as well. "Dear readers, anything that starts with 'Us white women' requires no further reading."
          If that's the same Tweet I remember seeing, I believe it was quickly found out that the photo was stolen from a VHS unboxing video on Youtube (and, it was a photo of the insert from the video case, not even the video case itself). And, the user photo of the person who posted it was also stolen from some fitness blogger.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Translation: botski

Comment

Not surprising.

Comment

Toy Story 4. A+, beautiful, wonderful. Best movie about metaphysics ever. Don't argue, just go.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  They Shall Not Grow Old

Restored footage of WWI, voice actors doing the narrating/dialogue (but accurately), some footage is colorized.

Amazing. Must see.
                  Full recommendation here, too. Fantastic documentary on every level.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Just saw Midsommar. Holy eff. It’s- it’s really hard to describe, but I liked it.
                    Just may not be wandering to any small Swedish rural villages anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Just saw Midsommar. Holy eff. It’s- it’s really hard to describe, but I liked it.
                      Just may not be wandering to any small Swedish rural villages anytime soon.
                      Talking about that one with some friends. ALL of us are torn on it. Every review I've read is "Halfway through, you will either stay, or walk out. It's messed up" (paraphasing of course
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        I had no idea how many middle-aged white dudes loved the children's cartoon...
                        I, for one, cannot believe a black woman will be singing the vaguely-Calypso "Under The Sea"!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Honkies have a sad.

I don't give a sh-t what color Ariel's skin is as long as she's a redhead.
                          https://www.slavadoesamerica.com/cou...tionary-ariel/
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            I, for one, cannot believe a black woman will be singing the vaguely-Calypso "Under The Sea"!
                            Ariel doesn't sing Under the Sea. It's that Jamaican crab-sprinter.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Make it happen.

Comment

Make it happen.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X