This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movie Thread #50: Godzilla gives us permission to nuke our enemies

Cold Pursuit is fun...but watered down Neeson.

I saw Brian Banks...excellent film that I cannot recommend stronger. Aldis Hodge...man oh man and Greg Kinnear is excellent!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Cold Pursuit is fun...but watered down Neeson.

I saw Brian Banks...excellent film that I cannot recommend stronger. Aldis Hodge...man oh man and Greg Kinnear is excellent!
      I am curious about the Banks movie. Did they Hollywoodize it too much? That's my only concern. I know they will dress it up, but if it's lipstick on a pig...then naw.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        I am curious about the Banks movie. Did they Hollywoodize it too much? That's my only concern. I know they will dress it up, but if it's lipstick on a pig...then naw.
        Well I know he and the lawyer were part of the production so I doubt it but I havent researched the story enough to know for sure. I would assume it is largely the real story.

To be honest I dont much care if little things are changed. Remember the Titans played hard and loose with a few things but it doesnt change the overall story or why it is important. Same with Miracle.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Well I know he and the lawyer were part of the production so I doubt it but I havent researched the story enough to know for sure. I would assume it is largely the real story.

To be honest I dont much care if little things are changed. Remember the Titans played hard and loose with a few things but it doesnt change the overall story or why it is important. Same with Miracle.
          Exactly how I feel.

I just remember the Runaways movie, and that was horsesh* and not even close to the real story. Little things don't bug me. Major things do.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

We went to see The Kitchen. Chicks with d*cks Irish Hells Kitchen Westies type mindless violence. We liked it.
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

I watched Stripes for the first time in 25 years.

The first half holds up. The second half is dreadful. I assume they were so high they just slapped it together.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The first half holds up. The second half is dreadful. I assume they were so high they just slapped it together.
                The entire premise of the film makes zero sense...methinks you are trying to hard. The whole film is stupid and hilarious. It isnt supposed to "hold up" because there is nothing to it. (it is genius)

I saw The Kitchen...nothing spectacular but solid and enjoyable.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Saw HOBBS & SHAW...

I give it a B+/B rating. It's not super deep and doesn't have a plot that will make you think. But Dwane Johnson and Jason Statham play off each other perfectly and display a wit that will constantly make you smile while you work on your bucket of popcorn. I got a kick out of the cameos that the film had. The characters' interactions with the main cast made their scenes and were played off in both comedy and plot functionality. You can shut your mind off for two hours and enjoy yourself with this one.
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I actually thought that the first time I saw it.

Comment

Mookie watched Three Days of the Condor again. Been too long. Fantastic film.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Mookie watched Three Days of the Condor again. Been too long. Fantastic film.
                        Great, great film. "It will happen this way." One of my favorite characters and one of my favorite plots.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The entire premise of the film makes zero sense...methinks you are trying to hard. The whole film is stupid and hilarious. It isnt supposed to "hold up" because there is nothing to it. (it is genius)
                          I meant "hold up" as "is still funny." The second half just isn't funny, it's a chore.

I don't watch all movies as art films despite what you apparently think.

Speaking of chores, Suicide Squad was on TNT or something so I tried to rewatch it because Harley Quinn makes me feel funny.

It's literally unwatachable. It is that bad on second pass. I remember hanging on when I saw it (in a theater, what a waste) thinking "I know any minute now this is going to get as cool as the trailer." But knowing it won't deprives you of all motivation. It's like the line in Road House: "I married an ugly woman. Never do that, it takes the energy right outta you."
                          Cornell University

Comment

I think everyone around here already realizes you have zero sense of humor or taste but I do enjoy your reminders
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I'm not sure which I hated more - Suicide Squad or Aquaman but I couldn't finish either.

The 2nd half of Stripes does fall off a bit but it redeems itself by the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                I'm not sure which I hated more - Suicide Squad or Aquaman but I couldn't finish either.

The 2nd half of Stripes does fall off a bit but it redeems itself by the end.
                                The Joe Flaherty character is good but only if you've watched SCTV.

I knew enough from the Aquaman trailer to stay away. But the SS trailer was the best I've ever scene. That's why I felt utterly as-sf-cked by the movie.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 08-12-2019, 11:18 AM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X