This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movie Thread #50: Godzilla gives us permission to nuke our enemies

I should probably add it. When it came out, I was on the fence about it.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      One of the best Pixar movies.
      I only liked Inside Out more.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        One of the best Pixar movies.
        Nah, THE best. You forgot the extra Patton Oswalt bonus points.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I still love the original Toy Story, Up, and Inside Out. But yeah, the more I think about it the more I think ratatouille is the best.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

TS1 is my favorite Pixar of all time and I have a hard time imagining it ever being surpassed.

But I agree with all the ones you guys have named.

My personal ranking:

1. TS1
            2. Up
            3. Ratatouile
            4. Inside Out
            5. Wall-E
            Last edited by Kepler; 08-13-2019, 10:43 PM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Part of it was the innovation that just blew everyone’s mind.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm rather unfamiliar with animated studios, who made what, so forgive me here, but my top 3 of recent times in no particular order, have been Brave, Ralph Breaks The Internet, and Megamind.

Despicable Me was disappointing. Couldn't get into it. Cars, same thing. Ice Age 1 was solid, had no interest in the others.

Edit: Frozen was overrated.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Frozen is just an inferior retelling of The Lion King. I think the Honest Trailer for Frozen even makes fun of that.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Frozen is just an inferior retelling of The Lion King.
                    The Lion King is just an inferior retelling of The Once and Future King written in 1958.

The Once and Future King is just an inferior retelling of Le Morte d'Arthur written in 1485.

Le Morte d'Arthur is just an inferior retelling of the Biblical story of Josiah in 2 Kings written in 550 BC.

The Biblical story of Josiah is just an inferior retelling of the Lament for Ur written in 2000 BC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seven_Basic_Plots
                    Last edited by Kepler; 08-14-2019, 09:17 AM.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I was super bored by Inside Out but I may have not been in the right mood at the time. Not saying I agree just posting as food for thought: ALL 21 PIXAR MOVIES RANKED

Personally for me:

The Incredibles
                      Finding Nemo
                      Toy Story
                      Up
                      Ratatouille
                      Monsters, Inc.
                      Wall-E

Don't care about the order I might change it depending upon the day asked.

I'd add Cars if only because while the movie itself wasn't that great it was HUGE for both boys (they were 4 and 3 or so when it came out) and as such it played a big part for us family wise. They were all in favor of watching it over and over, playing with Cars toys, reading Cars books, etc. To this day the older boy has remained such an automotive fiend he could house me when it comes to rebuilding an engine, recognizing vintage cars, when was that car produced or that car produced, etc. Not a gearhead - more of a nerd. Still trying to decide between automotive and aeronautical engineering (planes are his other passion) although if I could nudge him (I won't interfered it will be his choice) it would be hardware engineering as I think it's an exploding market and likely will be for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        I was super bored by Inside Out but I may have not been in the right mood at the time. Not saying I agree just posting as food for thought: ALL 21 PIXAR MOVIES RANKED

Personally for me:

The Incredibles
                        Finding Nemo
                        Toy Story
                        Up
                        Ratatouille
                        Monsters, Inc.
                        Wall-E

Don't care about the order I might change it depending upon the day asked.

I'd add Cars if only because while the movie itself wasn't that great it was HUGE for both boys (they were 4 and 3 or so when it came out) and as such it played a big part for us family wise. They were all in favor of watching it over and over, playing with Cars toys, reading Cars books, etc. To this day the older boy has remained such an automotive fiend he could house me when it comes to rebuilding an engine, recognizing vintage cars, when was that car produced or that car produced, etc. Not a gearhead - more of a nerd. Still trying to decide between automotive and aeronautical engineering (planes are his other passion) although if I could nudge him (I won't interfered it will be his choice) it would be hardware engineering as I think it's an exploding market and likely will be for years.
                        Familial ties does change things. While I love The Wizard Of Oz, I love it MORE because for many years, TV only showed it once a year, and it was a family event for us, given it was my mom's favorite movie ever. Because of that, it holds a special place in my heart.

As for re-telling stories, MANY have been retold, it then becomes on how you tell it. West Side Story is Romeo And Juliet.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                          Familial ties does change things. While I love The Wizard Of Oz, I love it MORE because for many years, TV only showed it once a year, and it was a family event for us, given it was my mom's favorite movie ever. Because of that, it holds a special place in my heart.

As for re-telling stories, MANY have been retold, it then becomes on how you tell it. West Side Story is Romeo And Juliet.
                          And R&J is Pyramus and Thisbe, as noted by Midsummer Night's Dream which is about six sources put in a blender on puree.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I assumed you were here to cruise for chicks.
                            Are you here for the waters?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Are you here for the waters?
                              I was misinformed.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post

For our family it was The Sound of Music, with my dad and brother it was Bond movies, Eastwood movies and Toro! Toro! Toro!.

Comment

Working...
                                X