X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movie Thread #50: Godzilla gives us permission to nuke our enemies

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    It's like I didn't even write the part in white.
    It's like you didn't. (I didn't see it.)
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      It explains how an old tiny man got the role.
      So that’s something
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Mary Poppins Returns:

What a simply delightful movie. Charming. No snark. After the initial few minutes of set-up, I dunno if anyone could have wiped the small smile from my face the entire rest of the movie. It was a perma-grin, if one were to exaggerate. I haven't seen the first one since I was a little tyke, yet some memories of that one came flooding back (probably the cause of my love of penguins, in hindsight). HIGHLY recommend.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          Mary Poppins Returns:

What a simply delightful movie. Charming. No snark. After the initial few minutes of set-up, I dunno if anyone could have wiped the small smile from my face the entire rest of the movie. It was a perma-grin, if one were to exaggerate. I haven't seen the first one since I was a little tyke, yet some memories of that one came flooding back (probably the cause of my love of penguins, in hindsight). HIGHLY recommend.
          I was wishing Julie Andrews had an uncredited cameo (my hope was the birdwomen), but c'est le Disney
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse

Whoa. Like 99.5/100. I suppose they probably could have shaded a scene better or something. But everything else was perfectly crafted. This was substance with impeccable style.

Not just the best comic movie ever made, but this was one of my favorite movies.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              I was wishing Julie Andrews had an uncredited cameo (my hope was the birdwomen), but c'est le Disney
              That would have been nice, although Lansbury was a perfect cameo. She did fit the part. I guess, where would Julie fit in? A shopkeeper or some passer-by? Cameo like that, don't waste it. So maybe addition by subtraction?
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Mrs. Solo informed me Julie Andrews was offered a cameo and she turned it down suggesting it was Emily Blunt’s time. Interesting.

I enjoyed this movie quite a bit. I’m not a huge fan of the original which feels like it’s 3 hours long...
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  Mrs. Solo informed me Julie Andrews was offered a cameo and she turned it down suggesting it was Emily Blunt’s time. Interesting.

I enjoyed this movie quite a bit. I’m not a huge fan of the original which feels like it’s 3 hours long...
                  For a second I thought you meant Carrie Fisher and I was super impressed that you were talking to the dead...

I haven't seen the new Mary Poppins yet - though I love Lin-Manuel. I'm so far behind on watching movies that I want to see...

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

That was along my thinking. If it's a cameo, make it count or bow out. Julie bowed out, and given her rep, she made the right decision. I don't see where she would fit.....

Comment

There is always room for Julie Andrews.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        There is always room for Julie Andrews.
                        what movie was it where she showed her t!tt!es?
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          S.O.B. She was, after all, Mrs. Blake Edwards.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            Haha I knew this one was coming.

Comment

So the new James Bond will be a black female. Gotta say I didn’t see that coming

https://www.vice.com/en_in/article/x...mes-bond-movie

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                So the new James Bond will be a black female. Gotta say I didn’t see that coming

https://www.vice.com/en_in/article/x...mes-bond-movie
                                Not the new James Bond. The new 007.

It would be an interesting decision. But I'm not entirely sold that this isn't some sort of weird New Coke marketing and/or parody.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X