This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    If you've only seen Pattinson in the Twilight movies (or as Cedric Diggory) you should educate yourself before commenting. He's done some incredible work since then.
    I have and meh. But I said I'm.open to the choice

Comment

• Re: Movie Thread #50: Godzilla gives us permission to nuke our enemies

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Maybe he'll surprise like Michael Keaton did.
      Or Heath Ledger did as Joker?

Fanboys are the worst. Pattinson is not a bad actor unless the only thing you know him from is Twilight. That would be like judging Christian Bale on Newsies (or about 10000 other examples where people ripped acting decisions by directors)
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
        Many people had the same response when Heath Ledger was announced as the Joker for The Dark Knight, so I'm gonna wait for the final product before passing judgement.
        Hell when someone posted Nolan's Batmobile on here when filming BB the reaction was utter disdain. And the Ledger choice was mocked to high heaven. Fans have short memories

FYI it should be noted Pattinson was one of the names a lot of the fanboys wanted and on most of the sites I go to (where the negativity makes this board look like a hippy drum circle ) it is almost universal praise. I was rather shocked cause they literally hate everything. This is also who Reeves wanted for quite some time.

(also this news kind of broke 2 weeks ago the trades are just confirming it now)
        Last edited by Handyman; 05-31-2019, 07:24 PM.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Hell when someone posted Nolan's Batmobile on here when filming BB the reaction was utter disdain. And the Ledger choice was mocked to high heaven. Fans have short memories

FYI it should be noted Pattinson was one of the names a lot of the fanboys wanted and on most of the sites I go to (where the negativity makes this board look like a hippy drum circle ) it is almost universal praise. I was rather shocked cause they literally hate everything. This is also who Reeves wanted for quite some time.

(also this news kind of broke 2 weeks ago the trades are just confirming it now)
          And it makes you sound like a hipster 🙃
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Fanboys are the worst.
            This.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              And it makes you sound like a hipster 🙃
              What does? Mocking the angry fanboy nerds who hate everything? Trust me THOSE are closer to Hipsters than I am.

I honestly was expecting them to burn the internet to the ground the way they did when Ledger was announced. But like I said Pattinson has had his fans for a while and people going back to like a year ago were hoping he would get the job. When the "inside sources" starting saying this was a done deal a couple weeks ago I have never seen that site so happy about a casting.

It helps that Nolan cast him in his latest movie. To many a nerd that is a seal of approval
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Or Heath Ledger did as Joker?

Fanboys are the worst. Pattinson is not a bad actor unless the only thing you know him from is Twilight. That would be like judging Christian Bale on Newsies (or about 10000 other examples where people ripped acting decisions by directors)
                I was pumped when I heard he was going to be the new Batman, because of American Psycho. "I'll take similar personalities for $500, Alex."
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

If tweets are any indication, we know one person who will be excited about the choice, assuming Kristen Stewart is not included...

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    If tweets are any indication, we know one person who will be excited about the choice, assuming Kristen Stewart is not included...
                    ?
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

?
                      https://ew.com/news/2017/02/05/donal...tewart-tweets/
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That is a whole new level of pathetic
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          That is a whole new level of pathetic
                          The miss universe one is creepy

Comment

I'm a fanboy? Are you new here?

But I said I'll remain open to it.

Comment

Godzilla: King of the Monsters:

B+/A- For everyone that was complaining about a lack of Godzilla screen time in the 2014 movie, they listened... If you want your monsters fighting and destroying cities, this is your flick. Acting isn't going to win an Oscar, but it gets the story over. Also, I saw this on a regular screen. I think that if you saw this in IMAX, you probably get a little better experience. The effects and cinematography are top notch. Sit back, munch your popcorn, and forget your life for 2 hours
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                I'm a fanboy? Are you new here?

But I said I'll remain open to it.
                                I never said you were I said they were awful. Your post was fanboy-esque though
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X