NCAA Hockey Players in the Transfer Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Hockey Players in the Transfer Portal

Having searched for a list of NCAA D-1 hockey players in the transfer portal I have only come up with a few confirmed announcements of single players within that system. Is there a public list of players eligible for transfer within this system? For those unfamiliar how the transfer portal works, this article about the D-1 BB transfer portal also applies to D-1 Hockey. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ransfer-portal
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Having searched for a list of NCAA D-1 hockey players in the transfer portal I have only come up with a few confirmed announcements of single players within that system. Is there a public list of players eligible for transfer within this system? For those unfamiliar how the transfer portal works, this article about the D-1 BB transfer portal also applies to D-1 Hockey. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ransfer-portal
    I hope not. College students deserve privacy in this matter IMO
    #NewMass

Comment

Re: NCAA Hockey Players in the Transfer Portal

I think it's stupid that those with access only tweet certain players in there. Just freaking post the list.

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
        I hope not. College students deserve privacy in this matter IMO
        Although I somewhat agree with your post because there is a risk of a portal transferring player not being picked up and then becoming a pariah on his originally chosen team, I believe that this is the risk they run by entering the portal. In more popular sports like college basketball there are lists of potential portal players all over the internet and no one says boo.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Doesn't a player's current school know if they enter the portal?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
            Doesn't a player's current school know if they enter the portal?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
            The player actually has to apply to enter the portal through the original school that they play for. That is where it becomes tricky, "Hey Coach, just exploring my options elsewhere, if no one takes me, can I get a little more playing time next year?" To be fair, I would think the Coaches actually benefit as they can use the portal to fill holes in the roster from unexpected departures or injuries.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Should be one for coaches, too.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                I think it's stupid that those with access only tweet certain players in there. Just freaking post the list.
                You mean like this?

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Fo...ransferPortal/
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Yes but for the sport we care about

Comment

Andrew Gaus will be a graduate transfer from Yale to Colorado College. 26 pts. in four seasons at Yale, one of which he missed most of injured.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Can't speak to the Portal itself, but junior to be Croix Evingson is transferring out of Lowell.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                      X