Practice Safe Eating: Use a Condiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice Safe Eating: Use a Condiment

All condiment discussions can continue here.

Mustard - How awesome is it? Or would you rather breathe mustard gas than eat it again?

Mayo - Does it rock your world, or is its only purpose for pranking your college roommates? Perhaps you just think it's overrated/overused? Does it matter if it's one of the fancy Euro/Japanese mayos, or do they all taste like library paste to you?

Ketchup - Is it the "kiddie" condiment, useful only for making bland/soggy French fries edible? Or do you put it on everything like a godd@mned Canuck? Does it belong on a hot dog? (NOTE: Chicagoans, go take a chill pill and don't answer that last one)

Relish - Sweet or dill? Neither? Do people outside of Chiraq still even buy this sh*t?

Hot sauce - How awful is Tabasco? Why is Cholula so much better? Or perhaps you liked "Rooster Sauce" before it was cool, and want to brag about that.

Ranch dressing - Are you from the South? Feel feel to tell us why this is the 6th food group.

Other - Horseradish (prepared or the kind mixed with mayo for roast beef sandwiches)? Russian dressing or Thousand Island (why is relish the only difference between these two)? Something else I'm forgetting?

Slather away!

Re: Practice Safe Eating: Use a Condiment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    All condiment discussions can continue here.

Mustard - How awesome is it? Or would you rather breathe mustard gas than eat it again?

Mayo - Does it rock your world, or is its only purpose for pranking your college roommates? Perhaps you just think it's overrated/overused? Does it matter if it's one of the fancy Euro/Japanese mayos, or do they all taste like library paste to you?

Ketchup - Is it the "kiddie" condiment, useful only for making bland/soggy French fries edible? Or do you put it on everything like a godd@mned Canuck? Does it belong on a hot dog? (NOTE: Chicagoans, go take a chill pill and don't answer that last one)

Relish - Sweet or dill? Neither? Do people outside of Chiraq still even buy this sh*t?

Hot sauce - How awful is Tabasco? Why is Cholula so much better? Or perhaps you liked "Rooster Sauce" before it was cool, and want to brag about that.

Ranch dressing - Are you from the South? Feel feel to tell us why this is the 6th food group.

Other - Horseradish (prepared or the kind mixed with mayo for roast beef sandwiches)? Russian dressing or Thousand Island (why is relish the only difference between these two)? Something else I'm forgetting?

Slather away!
    Sucks, sucks, meh, sucks, awesome, sucks, sucks.

And before anyone says anything, guac sucks, too.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

If presented the opportunity, I will eat Bacon Bits straight out of the tube.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        If presented the opportunity, I will eat Bacon Bits straight out of the tube.
        I probably could say the same of Cheez Whiz. Which is the proper condiment on a Philly Cheesesteak sammich. Yep, I might have just lit a fuse.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Why would anyone eat anything that came out of a condim? That's why they're called condiments, right?

Most condiments are gross.

Comment

I am a condiment fiend. I refer to fries as KDDs - ketchup delivery devices. I keep a bottle of ketchup in my office for the rare occasions when I get a burger and fries to go from our cafeteria. My dad, my brother, and I once consumed an entire bottle of ketchup at Long John Silver's. When I throw a cookout with burgers and dogs, there are easily 20 bottles of condiments on the table. I've just recently started limiting myself to just one knife-ful of miracle whip when making my sandwiches, where knife-ful is defined as dropping overhanging globs on the counter only about half the time.

I'm having a hard time thinking of a condiment I dislike. Surely there is one, but I am drawing a blank.

You left out the king of condiments: Worcestershire.
            Last edited by LynahFan; 05-01-2019, 11:10 PM.
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Woostah-shire sauce....it's....meh. I don't think I've tried it enough to have a proper opinion on it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                Woostah-shire sauce....it's....meh. I don't think I've tried it enough to have a proper opinion on it.
                I've come around on it. It's weirdly popular in the particular pocket of nowhere, AK where I live, and I have learned to love it. I'm sure that in my life, I hadn't used a whole bottle of it. I'm up to about 3 bottles a year. Goes into a lot of my cooking.

Comment

Sucks, sucks, meh, sucks, awesome, sucks, sucks.

And before anyone says anything, guac sucks, too.
                  I don’t understand the hatred of guacamole. I love that ****.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                    I don’t understand the hatred of guacamole. I love that ****.
                    It's thick snot.

Comment

It's thick snot.
                      I’d eat it by the spoonful, I don’t even need a taco or tortilla chip to put it on.
                      I make my own guac all the time.

But I also eat a lot of avocados.
                      Last edited by BassAle; 05-02-2019, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        I’d eat it by the spoonful, I don’t even need a taco or tortilla chip to put it on.
                        I make my own guac all the time.
                        Same. I also sometimes put it on toast at breakfast to own the Boomers.

Comment

Love mustard. Like hot sauce.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Something else I'm forgetting?
                          Vinegar. I vastly prefer it to ketchup on fries.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Evidently hot sauce reverses hearing loss.

Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

ketchup is on earth to mix with horseradish.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X