Calorie Counting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calorie Counting

Fruit just tends to have a lot of calories and isn't very filling so I mostly tend to avoid it.

Comment

Fruit is OK if you pick a high fiber one, like apples or blueberries.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Fruit is OK if you pick a high fiber one, like apples or blueberries.
        Bananas? I like bananas...
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Good for some vitamins, but a bit too high in sugar and lacking fiber. Still, considerably better for you than a Snickers' bar.

https://diabetes.ucsf.edu/sites/diab...ic%20Index.pdf

Comment

Good for some vitamins, but a bit too high in sugar and lacking fiber. Still, considerably better for you than a Snickers' bar.

https://diabetes.ucsf.edu/sites/diab...ic%20Index.pdf
            W T F, boiled carrots???
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              I’d add a piece of fruit and maybe a small bag of chips or crackers to your lunch.
              As Boston-based nutritionist Laura Hartung says, “Most chips offer little to no nutritional value and are basically fried carbs full of fat with a little added salt.”
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                As Boston-based nutritionist Laura Hartung says, “Most chips offer little to no nutritional value and are basically fried carbs full of fat with a little added salt.”
                He’s not going to eat boiled chicken and broccoli for every meal. I think when you’re trying to do something like this you need to focus on the bigger picture. If he can find a plan where he’s around 2k calories a day, can maintain it long term, and it is fairly balanced he will have a lot of success.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Happily I don't care for any chips except the ones that are TERRIBLE for me, so I simply cut them out.
                  Cornell University

Comment

W T F, boiled carrots???
                    As a friend of mine who is a doctor once told me, Carrots and Corn equals Carbs.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

How ripe? Green bananas are starch, Spotted bananas are simple sugars and easy to digest.

Carrots are also simple sugars where as Corn is not. Both maybe carbs but carrots breakdown in gut easier.
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        As a friend of mine who is a doctor once told me, Carrots and Corn equals Carbs.
                        Most Drs know **** about nutrition
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          He’s not going to eat boiled chicken and broccoli for every meal. I think when you’re trying to do something like this you need to focus on the bigger picture. If he can find a plan where he’s around 2k calories a day, can maintain it long term, and it is fairly balanced he will have a lot of success.
                          Look, sport, you don't have to eat boiled chicken and broccoli every day. Twice a week ain't gonna kill you. And who the fk boils chicken? Boneless, skinless breast in the oven is the way to go. Potato chips are OUT. As a matter of fact stay out of the grocery section anyway; it's nothing but processed food and the majority of that is crap.
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                            Look, sport, you don't have to eat boiled chicken and broccoli every day. Twice a week ain't gonna kill you. And who the fk boils chicken? Boneless, skinless breast in the oven is the way to go. Potato chips are OUT. As a matter of fact stay out of the grocery section anyway; it's nothing but processed food and the majority of that is crap.
                            But go into the grocery section to get your oils and spices, please. I go in for coffee, salt/spices/seasoning, oils, my baking needs, canned anchovies and tuna (chunk light in water, not in oil).

Easy baked chicken breast/thigh:

1 cup olive oil
                            3-4 cloves of whole, peeled garlic
                            3 tbsp of lemon juice
                            Salt/pepper

marinate overnight... bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

This thread just turned so white, it's demanding to speak to your manager immediately.

Comment

This thread just turned so white, it's demanding to speak to your manager immediately.
                                I don't have that haircut!
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X