This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    My standing reason why the common people do anything is they have the IQ of a slightly above average cricket.

Does mookie have a more likely reason than that?
    Have to go with agent K (is that him?).

A person is smart. People are stupid.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
      People don't understand how taxes work. They think if someone who earns 10 mil is taxed at 70% then their take-home will "only" be 3 mil.
      Who was it here just a couple weeks ago who thought the same??
      Very surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Who was it here just a couple weeks ago who thought the same??
        Very surprising.
        5mn Major.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Re: 2020 Democrat Challengers Part II: There Can Be Only One

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          5mn Major.
          ah ha... thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
            Kep's plan has marginal rates...
            So did mine, but with limited deductions, the highest earning taxpayers effective rate would be darn close to the tax rate.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Your act hasn't changed much.
              Be that as it may its still something candidates will have to answer for. For Biden its easy. How does for example Sanders reconcile the Obama presidency? Failure? He's really a corporate sellout? How would he then turn around and pick up the crucial vote of non-white Dems or really any Dem who thinks well of the accomplishments of the Obama Presidency?

Oh, and I like a pile up on trix as much as the next guy, but c'mon already. He's not anymore homophobic than he is a Hillary Clinton fan.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Thanks for the kind words

As for Sanders/Obama or really any of the candidates it kinda depends what the question is exactly. I think there's a decent number of liberals who shut off their brain and want to pretend that none of the issues that exist under Trump (or that he exacerbates) didn't already exist under Obama. Those people are going to vote for Biden. Sanders I believe said when asked this, "we need to do better", which is the right answer, it's true but it falls short of calling Obama's presidency a complete failure (which is overly binary anyhow) as there was a lot of things outside his control that made things difficult (inheriting a financial disaster). But it also acknowledges some of the failures and the fact that most Americans were worse off 8 years later in various metrics related to basic human needs.

As for how that message appeals to non-white voters, most non-white voters were the ones hit hardest by the financial crisis and their already small share of wealth compared to their white counterparts got even smaller in part due to how the aftermath was handled. I kinda doubt most are happy that nobody was held accountable for it either.
                Last edited by trixR4kids; 05-01-2019, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Michael Moore rips BHO a new bung hole in his flint movie.... was that because Moore is racists?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Michael Moore rips BHO a new bung hole in his flint movie.... was that because Moore is racists?
                    I think its more like Moore is desperate for attention.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      I think its more like Moore is desperate for attention.
                      Mookie’ll buy that

Comment

I love BHO but he is definitely rippable on certain things. Not like the Bernie Bros do mind you but still.

I have heard Moore ripping BHO it all seemed pretty fair.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          So did mine, but with limited deductions, the highest earning taxpayers effective rate would be darn close to the tax rate.
                          As I recall your plan and mine are qualitatively the same, with differences in quantity (I would put the rich in a blender, you would give them a stern talking to).
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

As I recall your plan and mine are qualitatively the same, with differences in quantity (I would put the rich in a blender, you would give them a stern talking to).
                            Putting them in a blender goes on the platform. You settle for a stern talking to in the legislative negotiations.

If you start by proposing the latter, you end up with very few changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Be that as it may its still something candidates will have to answer for. For Biden its easy. How does for example Sanders reconcile the Obama presidency? Failure? He's really a corporate sellout? How would he then turn around and pick up the crucial vote of non-white Dems or really any Dem who thinks well of the accomplishments of the Obama Presidency?
                              Exaggerating a rival's statements or policies in order to scare or anger voters is what candidates do. But let's not do it ourselves -- we aren't being paid by the campaigns, presumably. This should be a reasonably truthful forum. You may recall certain former posters against whom I would rain down the fires of the sun for transgressions. Maybe the best thing to do is if you're going to try to burn a candidate, use their direct quote and with as much context as possible.
                              Cornell University
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Putting them in a blender goes on the platform. You settle for a stern talking to in the legislative negotiations.

If you start by proposing the latter, you end up with very few changes.
                                I am aiming for hacking off one major limb each in the final bill. So yes, I'm opening high on purpose. If you open by bidding a stern talking to you end with the rich bending your daughter over a chair. And that's just the status quo.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X