X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democrat Challengers Part II: There Can Be Only One

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Attention Mr Kepler --- the only way UBI works is of its funded by nationally owner national resources (think oil for Norway).

That's it.

Forgot to follow that anagram it needs to be UNIVERSAL which means "for all". You won't be able to tax enough to pay all enough. And it being welfare isn't ever going to happen.
    Come back from the ledge
    Uh, no. Thanks for trying though.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Attention Mr Kepler --- the only way UBI works is of its funded by nationally owner national resources (think oil for Norway).
      UBI only requires that the rich pay their share in taxes. I favor a large enough UBI coupled with basic guarantees (medical, housing, education) and certain other mean-tested benefits (such as "adversity" scoring in college admissions) that all other forms of social assistance are eliminated.

We're going to stop rationing basic needs using money. They will become non-negotiable rights. After a few generations our system will be seen as the slavery it has always been.

Extreme wealth will still let doofuses buy expensive toys and take expensive vacations. Otherwise it won't mean much. Not having money will not prevent a human being from fulfilling their potential.

You monkey people will just have to find another way to show off to each other. I suggest ludicrous body modifications so we can laugh at you.
      Last edited by Kepler; 05-22-2019, 02:27 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Kep is warming up his pogrom. Failing that, the Pale of Settlement will exist south of 36° 30' North.
        You keep the Earth. We'll take the stars.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          You keep the Earth. We'll take the stars.
          Hey Tovarish. You go to the stars and I'm with you!
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            I'm asking why Democrats are running on working with a Terrorist Group. Yes.
            Which goes back to my original question, Baby Huey.

Comment

Uh, no. Thanks for trying though.
              Welfare then. Not "universal"

Even with the sweet name, it's DOA and whomever supports will never win.

Thanks for trying though
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Which goes back to my original question, Baby Huey.
                I guess I really don't care to answer whatever question you think you might have. Sorry. My question garnered a lot of discussion so I guess it was worth it.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Welfare then. Not "universal"

Even with the sweet name, it's DOA and whomever supports will never win.

Thanks for trying though
                  What kind of society do you want to live in?

Comment

What kind of society do you want to live in?
                    Not up to either Scooby or mookie

Unless someone made mookie king
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Not up to either Scooby or mookie

Unless someone made mookie king
                      We could do worse.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        I guess I really don't care to answer whatever question you think you might have. Sorry. My question garnered a lot of discussion so I guess it was worth it.
                        The question was what does your latest whining fest have to do with his running for President? And it didn't happen in the way you think it did. Thanks

Comment

The question was what does your latest whining fest have to do with his running for President? And it didn't happen in the way you think it did. Thanks
                          Aaah, yes, the whine narrative. Blow me.

Since no one cares about my thoughts on the candidates I guess I will just refrain from commenting then. Thanks.
                          Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 05-23-2019, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Aaah, yes, the whine narrative. Blow me.
                            Aaah, yes, the mookie approach. No thanks.

(FYI lighten up, Francis. My question btw was legitimate)

Comment

What does this have to do with him trying to win an election?
                              I think it all has to do with getting elected. There are parts of the Democratic Party (myself for one) that will not vote for Joe in the primary because of this stupidity. He gets my vote for President over Trump but that, as we saw in 2016, may not be enough to get everyone out. I see a percentage of the progressives staying home if he or Gillibrand gets the nomination.

Comment

I think it all has to do with getting elected. There are parts of the Democratic Party (myself for one) that will not vote for Joe in the primary because of this stupidity. He gets my vote for President over Trump but that, as we saw in 2016, may not be enough to get everyone out. I see a percentage of the progressives staying home if he or Gillibrand gets the nomination.
                                Then let them get fuked! I'm not sure why this isn't getting through the thick skulls of some people. Its convenient to say if the nominee isn't liberal enough you won't vote. The problem is who is "liberal enough" is in the eye of the beholder. Kep for example said Mike Dukakis was a centrist nominee. The point is, if Bernie doesn't win, trix is going to label ANY nominee, be it Warren, Harris, Buttigieg, etc - as a closet conservative. Heck, just today it came out that Warren has done legal work for...(gasp) Big Corporations. There's no way to logically appeal to someone like that.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X