X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 Democrat Challengers Part II: There Can Be Only One

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    I guess it would just need to be explained to "one" that the difference between 10,000,000 and 75,000 is much greater than the difference between 70% and 40%.
    It's almost as if those who oppose higher taxes on the wealthy would stoop to using obviously misdirecting or fallacious reasoning in order to distract people from the real issue.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm a little bit surprised at Biden's staying power. I can only assume he's the beneficiary of people looking for some stability in politics (I think he had just stepped out of the room for a moment when the Declaration of Independence was signed, hence his signature being missing from the document). But, yeah - if he's the beneficiary of residual goodwill towards Obama, particular amongst non-white voters AND he can attract the old line union/non-insane working class stiff vote, he's going to be formidable. I had and still do chalk up NH as another Bernie win with my preferred candidate Lizzy Warren hopefully a close 2nd. If Biden wins there in Sanders and Warren's back yard I don't like Warren's chances unfortunately although I'd suspect Sanders will live on to fight another day.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        That's ridiculous.

We can't fine people for speeding because then the cops will be emboldened to arrest people going 30.

Try again.
        can kep come up with a better reason that common folks are ascared of high tax rates?!?!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Also, it looks like Sanders still has a non-white and female problem. Quelle surprise.
          I was told that Sanders had no such problems...

As for Biden...I think people like that he doesnt seem to care when he screws up. Politicians try and hide their mistakes too much no matter how big or small. Biden leans in to them which makes him seem authentic. If the 2000 Election taught us anything it is that Rubes love voting for guys they think are as dumb as they are
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
            I guess it would just need to be explained to "one" that the difference between 10,000,000 and 75,000 is much greater than the difference between 70% and 40%.
            mookie can't explain it.... people tend to be slow on the uptake when it comes to marginal tax rates
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              can kep come up with a better reason that common folks are ascared of high tax rates?!?!
              Because 25% of the country believes the "TAXATION IS THEFT!1!!1!!" argle-bargle, and over half believe that it will all just be spent on frivolous things like lifetime pensions for Senators, or the DoD's fancy toilet seats.

Comment

America doesn't have poor people. Just temporarily embarrassed millionaires.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Also, it looks like Sanders still has a non-white and female problem. Quelle surprise.
                  He's leading in non-white voter support. If you're talking about mayor Buttchug then maybe.

Comment

I'm sure it's not the narrative of the Hill and political pundit extraordinaire Nate Silver but...

Comment

Fear of high marginal taxation is less rooted in sympathy for billionaires and more in concern that the high marginal rate will remain the same, but the threshold for hitting that rate will be lowered...and lowered...and lowered....and....next thing you know the Zombie Tax Apocalypse is upon us!!!

Look, fear sells. It motivates voters, especially ones who don't understand taxes and finance. We should, of course, raise taxes up on the super rich. However, we also need to be prepared for the inevitable fear based campaign from our Russian allied friends in the GOP and not just expect the public to understand that this doesn't affect 99.99% of them.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

My standing reason why the common people do anything is they have the IQ of a slightly above average cricket.

Does mookie have a more likely reason than that?
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          He's leading in non-white voter support. If you're talking about mayor Buttchug then maybe.
                          Homophobic much?

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Fear of high marginal taxation is less rooted in sympathy for billionaires and more in concern that the high marginal rate will remain the same, but the threshold for hitting that rate will be lowered...and lowered...and lowered....and....next thing you know the Zombie Tax Apocalypse is upon us!!!

Look, fear sells. It motivates voters, especially ones who don't understand taxes and finance. We should, of course, raise taxes up on the super rich. However, we also need to be prepared for the inevitable fear based campaign from our Russian allied friends in the GOP and not just expect the public to understand that this doesn't affect 99.99% of them.
                            This is all true. It's no reason not to do the right thing, however. As dumb as Republicans assume their voters are, Democrats assume their voters are as dumb as Republicans' and that simply hasn't been borne out by experience. If they were dumb enough to fall for Republican lies... they'd be Republicans.

Democratic leaders refuse to show any backbone when it comes to inequality. Democratic leaders are also rich. But I'm sure that is completely coincidental.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                              Homophobic much?
                              Lol, yeah ok

It's a play on words you moron.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post

I'm sure it's not the narrative of the Hill and political pundit extraordinaire Nate Silver but...
                                From the Q:

Biden's at 42% of non-whites, while Bernie is at 7% behind Harris, O'Rourke and Warren. That makes a lot more sense. If Sanders was pulling in the young vote, AND the non-white vote, even with the overlap between those two he'd be running away with the race right now.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release...ReleaseID=2617

Comment

Working...
                                X