X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democrat Challengers Part II: There Can Be Only One

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    I'm awake. Who's running now?

For the record, Nancy & Chuck were not reachers, either.

Congress needs to be replaced in toto.
    No. You can't bothsider your way out of the fact that the right has gone on a shooting spree and the left has been just trying to save some of the survivors. Sometimes it really is just one side's fault.

The moral optimum between good and evil isn't halfway. You screwed up, joe. You backed the wrong horse. There's no way back now. You own them.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-16-2019, 04:41 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      No. You can't bothsider your way out of the fact that the right has gone on a shooting spree and the left has been just trying to save some of the survivors. Sometimes it really is just one side's fault.

The moral optimum between good and evil isn't halfway. You screwed up, joe. You backed the wrong horse. There's no way back now. You own them.
      You're letting your anger consume you. Learn to laugh and enjoy life.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        your side sucks, my side is great.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Republicans:

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            It’s not a laughing matter you *******

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
              It’s not a laughing matter you *******
              Joe thinks he survived the nuclear holocaust under Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Reason number 5,072 why Biden is not the answer.
                I can agree with that.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  your side sucks, my side is great.
                  And your side does it out of spite and hate, my side does it out of principle and caring.
                  "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                  Groucho Marx
                  "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                  Ron White
                  "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                  Milo Bloom

Comment

Reason number 5,072 why Biden is not the answer.
                    He is if the question is "who has no business being the candidate"

What's funny is when people were talking about Biden in 2016 I said this is what it would be like. The guy is a gaffe machine.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                      And your side does it out of spite and hate, my side does it out of principle and caring.
                      What do the GOP do out of caring? I will hang up and listen...

But I'm sure wanting healthy educated people is bad. Both sides being the same and all.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        He is if the question is "who has no business being the candidate"

What's funny is when people were talking about Biden in 2016 I said this is what it would be like. The guy is a gaffe machine.
                        WE NEED TO GET RID OF OLD RICH WHITE GUYS IN THE WHITE HOUSE/POLITICS!

Biden: hi, guys!

Populace: Oh, you're so in.

Um...............
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          What do the GOP do out of caring? I will hang up and listen...

But I'm sure wanting healthy educated people is bad. Both sides being the same and all.
                          Since you've hung up and should be in power saving mode, you may want to disconnect your phone charger and plug it into your sarcasm detector. It appears to be in need of recharging
                          "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                          Groucho Marx
                          "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                          Ron White
                          "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                          Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                            Since you've hung up and should be in power saving mode, you may want to disconnect your phone charger and plug it into your sarcasm detector. It appears to be in need of recharging
                            Well, humorless me got it, anyway.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              WE NEED TO GET RID OF OLD RICH WHITE GUYS IN THE WHITE HOUSE/POLITICS!

Biden: hi, guys!

Populace: Oh, you're so in.

Um...............
                              I think you’re confusing two very different wings of the Democratic Party.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I think you’re confusing two very different wings of the Democratic Party.
                                The interesting thing is Rover, who is a solid representative of the moderate wing, does not seem to be enamored of Biden either.

I think all the Dems may have finally realized that "stay the course" just isn't viable anymore.

The other moderates (Booker, Gillibrand, Buttigieg, O'Rourke) should be thankful to Joe since compared to him they look young, exciting, and radical now. :-)

As this develops I am becoming more and more convinced that Harris may be our best bet. She's midway between the two wings; she has the demographics to appeal to both and she won't have to take extreme identity positions because she's already the goods. She's a "safe" enough choice and she's incredibly accomplished, and she comes off really well and she does not suffer fools gladly. And her presence is going to drive The Usual Suspects insane and make them even more offensive.

And the odds are pretty good she hasn't molested anybody.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 05-17-2019, 06:54 AM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X