X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democrat Challengers Part II: There Can Be Only One

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Listen, I've lived among the deplorables, I know how dumb the average Yooper is, and how the smart ones go to Tech for an engineering degree and escape to places like MSP or Chiraq. Funny thing is, I still consider Yoopers smarter than the average resident of the Holland-Muskegon-Grand Rapids triangle of self-loathing Christian conservatives!
    Excuse me, your favorite trans person lives among that triangle. SHE IS NOT OKAY!
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      Excuse me, your favorite trans person lives among that triangle. SHE IS NOT OKAY!
      You're exempted.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Isnt Politico what Rover affectionately calls "Tiger Beat of the Potomac" or something?
        As witty as I am, I didn't come up with that one. Charlie Pierce I believe...
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          As witty as I am, I didn't come up with that one. Charlie Pierce I believe...
          It's perfect. If I were you I'd claim it until somebody comes forward.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well I didnt think you made it up, just saying you use it
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Start clearing the room, I guess
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

It’s about time. They should have done this from the start. It’s a ****ing clown show right now.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  Start clearing the room, I guess
                  Per Stephanie Miller that means 19 have already qualified. Doesn't help much.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    It’s about time. They should have done this from the start. It’s a ****ing clown show right now.
                    Well the start is the start -- there can be no limits on who can declare. Jimmy Stewart can't get to Washington if you limit it to the backroom poo-bahs from the start.

This is a pretty good way to do it. Just keep upping the numbers as we go on to knock out those who aren't getting traction (Tulsi) and/or are just astroturfing from a few rich as-sholes (Delaney).
                    Cornell University

Comment

That works. Berners should be happy, since that would currently only eliminate a bunch of "boring centrist warmonger" hangers-on.

Comment

Mike Gravel is alright but other than that meh.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          That works. Berners should be happy, since that would currently only eliminate a bunch of "boring centrist warmonger" hangers-on.
                          Who isnt a "boring centrist warmonger" according to a Berner?
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Who isnt a "boring centrist warmonger" according to a Berner?
                            Warren was up there, until it came out she's made too much money off Wall Street consulting, or something. Harris should be up there, but I guess she's too pro-cop.

Comment

Warren's problem IRT foreign policy would be her stance on Venezuela and Israel:
                              While she’s voted for military de-escalation on some issues, including ending the Yemen War, she’s gone along with some of the most belligerent acts that have occurred under her watch, cheerleading Israel’s devastating 2014 war on Gaza and vocalizing her support for sanctions against Venezuela. Even judged according to the spectrum of today’s Democratic Party, which is skewed so far to the right on war and militarism it does not take much to distinguish oneself, Warren gets an unsatisfactory grade: not the last in her class, but far from first.
                              She's not as right as the rest of the party in that regard but she's not as consistently good on that subject as Bernie or Gravel (yes we all know he's not not a viable candidate, but it's worth mentioning) either. Also her idea of tying green energy to the military is actually pretty awful.

All that said she's still better on that subject than all but 2 of the people running which shows you how bad the rest of them are. Yes we can and should do better on foreign policy, it's been a disaster for far too long and acting like this is some pie in the sky idea to oppose pointless wars abroad is ridiculous. But people like Handy will keep doing it because he doesn't actually care about the human suffering this country causes because if team D wins that solves everything.
                              Last edited by trixR4kids; 05-29-2019, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Sanctions against the Maduro regime is hardly a "belligerent" military escalation.

Comment

Working...
                                X