Minnesota State Offseason Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State Offseason Thread 2019

I guess someone should start one. I'll begin by grumbling about payment being due much earlier this year on season tickets. Ever since I've had mine, I've paid for them in August. This year we have to pay by the end of May or risk losing our seats. I'll do it, but I'm not happy about it, just on principle.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

I’m surprised that MSU hasn’t announced any new signings for next years team. Hopefully this week!!

Comment

Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread 2019

Well, you only have to put a deposit down by the end of May. You're still paying some, but not the whole amount.

I get why they are doing it though. The Athletic Department is hamstrung when people don't commit until 2 weeks before the season. It's nearly impossible to sell any more season tickets with that little bit of time before the season.
      Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
        Well, you only have to put a deposit down by the end of May. You're still paying some, but not the whole amount.

I get why they are doing it though. The Athletic Department is hamstrung when people don't commit until 2 weeks before the season. It's nearly impossible to sell any more season tickets with that little bit of time before the season.
        And now that I've paid for my tickets, I can talk about 2019-2020, right?

Now that we've established that, someone put my mind at ease - Our last 2 award-winning freshman goalies (Stephon and Huggy) both had lousy sophomore seasons. Is it going to be different this year, and if so, why?

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
          And now that I've paid for my tickets, I can talk about 2019-2020, right?

Now that we've established that, someone put my mind at ease - Our last 2 award-winning freshman goalies (Stephon and Huggy) both had lousy sophomore seasons. Is it going to be different this year, and if so, why?
          The team in front of him is the most talented team in program history on paper.

Realistically, this should be the best team we’ve seen in Mankato, barring major injuries.
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
            The team in front of him is the most talented team in program history on paper.

Realistically, this should be the best team we’ve seen in Mankato, barring major injuries.
            OK, that was a good attempt to put my mind at ease, but I'll stay nervous until at least October.

Comment

So, what's everyone's reaction to changing Saturday game start times to 6:07? I'm not terribly happy with it. I may be old, but the idea of dinner at 4:30 to be able to make it to the game on time isn't very attractive to me.
              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                So, what's everyone's reaction to changing Saturday game start times to 6:07? I'm not terribly happy with it. I may be old, but the idea of dinner at 4:30 to be able to make it to the game on time isn't very attractive to me.
                I can’t decide yet.. we generally go out to eat and get a couple of beers beforehand, and in that respect, I’m with you, but games ending around 8:30 or so? I’m okay with that.
                AF 99

Comment

Selfishly, I like the change, since I'm driving a long way after the game. But Saturday night Mass is now out of the question.

Overall, I think it's a good thing. With the 7:07 starts, I'd see a few students drifting away in the third period to start their drinking, and a few little kids starting to nod off.

Comment

Selfishly, I like the change, since I'm driving a long way after the game. But Saturday night Mass is now out of the question.

Overall, I think it's a good thing. With the 7:07 starts, I'd see a few students drifting away in the third period to start their drinking, and a few little kids starting to nod off.
                    I'm not sure that's going to change. Until the students are fully engaged, I have a feeling they are going to leave early.

I don't know if I'm a huge fan of the change, but that's just a personal preference.
                    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

I'm not sure that's going to change. Until the students are fully engaged, I have a feeling they are going to leave early.

I don't know if I'm a huge fan of the change, but that's just a personal preference.

Well, good point. They leave the football games early, and those start at 1:00. Kids will be kids, I guess.

Comment

Yeah, they leave early to get good seats at the bar.

Comment

Yeah, they leave early to get good seats at the bar.
                          Those 2 for 1s downtown only go until 11 — that’s important in college
                          AF 99

Comment

NHL schedule is out. Wild at Nashville October 24, then Mavs at Huntsville October 25-26. Now I just have to convince the wife.

Comment

NHL schedule is out. Wild at Nashville October 24, then Mavs at Huntsville October 25-26. Now I just have to convince the wife.
                              It could be 85 and sunny here in late October. Hope this helps. Also, I'll join you on a tour of NASA's facility here. Who could ask for more?!

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                              X