Minnesota State Offseason Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread 2019

Rumor has it an 8th team is in talks to join the new conference, FWIW. Based on what I’ve beard, I’d anticipate that 8th team to be ASU.

However, expectations are that heavier discussions will happen about the long term viability of WMU and Miami in the NCHC, and if MSU and on what I’ve heard, ASU(not BSU...) would be better fits.

Sign me up for ASU joining the league — talk about a nice long weekend road trip...
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      Sign me up for ASU joining the league — talk about a nice long weekend road trip...
      You already had a warm-weather team that's a nice, long road trip in conference... alpha-hotel.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
        Personally I think it would make much more sense for these 7 to join with NCHC and create 1 conference with a great lakes and Western conf. That would eliminate 1 auto bid and for some NCHC teams on the bubble that would be appealing. But at this point who knows. I think the 7 team league is a good move although I really don't like doing to UAA, UAF and UAH what the NCHC did to us. We shall see what they do with name and logo, scheduling too. Im not sure on the rules but will the smaller conference allow for more non conference games?
        Likely 24 conference games. Next year will be interesting. Will there be one Alaska? Will there be two? None?
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
          Personally I think it would make much more sense for these 7 to join with NCHC and create 1 conference with a great lakes and Western conf. That would eliminate 1 auto bid and for some NCHC teams on the bubble that would be appealing. But at this point who knows. I think the 7 team league is a good move although I really don't like doing to UAA, UAF and UAH what the NCHC did to us. We shall see what they do with name and logo, scheduling too. Im not sure on the rules but will the smaller conference allow for more non conference games?
          The NCHC formed to get away from the smaller schools. It’s highly unlikely that the NCHC would want LSSU, Ferris, Tech, NMU or Bemidji.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Has anyone received their tickets/the actual bill for their tickets? We put down our $50 per seat in the spring, but haven't heard anything since then.
            Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
              Has anyone received their tickets/the actual bill for their tickets? We put down our $50 per seat in the spring, but haven't heard anything since then.
              Was wondering the same thing. I haven't seen or heard anything about tickets since the $50 downpayment.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                Was wondering the same thing. I haven't seen or heard anything about tickets since the $50 downpayment.
                Haven’t received mine yet — the team will be delivering some of these locally, and calls to thank each season ticket holder, and that hasn’t occurred yet either, FWIW.
                AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                  Haven’t received mine yet — the team will be delivering some of these locally, and calls to thank each season ticket holder, and that hasn’t occurred yet either, FWIW.
                  OK, I just wanted to make sure. We switched some things around with youth tickets and added some seats. I was getting nervous that things got goofed up.
                  Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                    OK, I just wanted to make sure. We switched some things around with youth tickets and added some seats. I was getting nervous that things got goofed up.
                    I’d think by the end of next week, you’ll see or hear something.
                    AF 99

Comment

I paid for mine back In July but have not seen them yet

Comment

Originally posted by 7outof10 View Post
                        I paid for mine back In July but have not seen them yet
                        They always show up just a week or so before the first game. I'm not worried. I've paid in full too.
                        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                          They always show up just a week or so before the first game. I'm not worried. I've paid in full too.

I talked with the ticket office a few days ago, they said to expect them toward the end of September and to contact them if you don't get them before the exhibition game.

Comment

Got my tickets today.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
                              Got my tickets today.
                              Me too. I think that means it's time to start the season thread.
                              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Working...
                              X