2019-20 NMU Hockey Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 NMU Hockey Season

Now we're back into a tie for first with Alaska.

I'll take it though. No quit in this team, even after falling behind 2-0.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

NMU Falls To Nanooks (3-2) Saturday Night

November 16th, 2019

http://www.nmuwildcats.com/sports/mi...20191116xdry9u

Comment

Pssst, I just took a look at PWR. No reason to brag about it this week. Or ever, prior to February. The only one that matters is the one on Selection Sunday.

There's also a tie for first, but NMU has two games in hand over Alaska.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          No quit in this team, even after falling behind 2-0.
          This. Seeing it first hand was fun. They just kept at it. The 'Cats did play with a hint of sluggishness in the first and second, but they turned it back on pretty heavy in the third.

I figured with how both teams were very stingy in allowing goals that it would be a defensive battle, and that's what it turned into.

What I notice more from this team more than any other I watched from 2000 to now, is how much of a puck possession team they are. Passes off the boards to themselves, turning to protect the puck from defenders, not afraid to drop the puck back to a teammate to make a better zone entry. Also, lots of poke checks and stick work when the opponents have the puck to break up the play.

Biggest disappointment from this weekend? They didn't wear the gold jerseys tonight.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
            This. Seeing it first hand was fun. They just kept at it. The 'Cats did play with a hint of sluggishness in the first and second, but they turned it back on pretty heavy in the third.

I figured with how both teams were very stingy in allowing goals that it would be a defensive battle, and that's what it turned into.

What I notice more from this team more than any other I watched from 2000 to now, is how much of a puck possession team they are. Passes off the boards to themselves, turning to protect the puck from defenders, not afraid to drop the puck back to a teammate to make a better zone entry. Also, lots of poke checks and stick work when the opponents have the puck to break up the play.

Biggest disappointment from this weekend? They didn't wear the gold jerseys tonight.
            Nice seeing you this weekend!

Comment

2019-20 NMU Hockey (7-3-2) Leading Scorers

November 16th, 2019

So. F Griffin Loughran (9 Goals & 8 Assists) = 17 Points
              So. F Vincent De May (8 Goals & 5 Assists) = 13 Points
              Sr. F Darien Craighead (3 Goals & 8 Assists) = 11 Points
              So. F Ty Readman (3 Goals & 7 Assists) = 10 Points
              Fr. F Andre Ghantous (6 Goals & 3 Assists) = 9 Points
              Jr. F Joseph Nardi (3 Goals & 6 Assists) = 9 Points
              Sr. D Philp Beaulieu (1 Goal & 8 Assists) = 9 Points
              Fr. D Hank Sorensen (1 Goal & 7 Assists) = 8 Points
              So. F Grant Loven (1 Goal & 5 Assists) = 6 Points
              Jr. D Ben Newhouse (1 Goal & 5 Assists) = 6 Points

Comment

NMU falls behind early and loses to Alaska (3-2)

November 16th, 2019

https://www.miningjournal.net/sports...ooms-wildcats/

Comment

NMU Freshman Defenseman Hank Sorensen (6'1" 195lbs - Wayzata, MN) leads the Nation with (56) penalty minutes this season.... The NMU record is 137 by NMU Defenseman Tom Laidlaw back in 1978-79....

Comment

• Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
                    NMU Freshman Defenseman Hank Sorensen (6'1" 195lbs - Wayzata, MN) leads the Nation with (56) penalty minutes this season....
                    This is not good. He's racked up that many penalty minutes in just 12 games played. He took the five and a game in the middle of the second against BU. A roughing and 10 minute misconduct in the second period of the first Saint Cloud game, then turns around and rings up a double minor for boarding in the first period the next night against them. Then follows that up with the five and a game Saturday late in the first when the Cats were already down two goals.

The reason this team has to continue to battle back is because of this rock head.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

#19 in the USCHO.com poll.

That being said, DRD, being ranked right now is nice, but it's not everything. What matters right now is a sweep against Tech.

Also, I've already checked PWR, and it's still a fragile little thing right now. The only time PWR matters is the one on Selection Sunday.

Comment

2019 NMU Hockey (7-3-2) Current Rankings

November 18th, 2019

#18 - KRACH
                        #19 - USCHO
                        #19 - USA TODAY
                        #21 - PAIRWISE
                        #21 - RPI

Comment

Tech coming up this weekend. Two big wins this weekend would be fantastic.

Remember, there's one minute left to play in the period, and TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Comment

Be warned, DonorRoomDrinker... I am posting my opinion!

I think it's cool NMU is sponsoring a fan bus for Friday's game. I wish they were this invested when I was a student.

Also, be warned. Tech may have a 5-6 record, but all 5 of those wins have come on the road. For this weekend (and for the rest of the season), NMU needs to come out strong and not play from behind. The last team that won consistently after falling behind was the 2013-14 LA Kings en route to the Cup.

Comment

Posting your opinion instead of criticizing other posters like you usually do????

Comment

Working...
                                X