Comment

• Re: 2019-20 NMU Hockey Season

Three NMU Wildcats named as candidates for 2020 Hobey Baker Award

January 17th, 2020

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...567087651.html

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
        NMU is kinda like my little brother, I like to tease him and beat on him, but if someone outside the family (WCHA) does, I'll stick up for him (within reason).

So yeah, I guess it might be a Yooper thing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
        Little brother, nice dig. I'll give you twin sister, but not identical twins, of course.
        “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
        – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
        when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post
          Don't suppose you could go tell the ESPN+ guys to read the pronunciation guide before tonight's game, eh?
          I do this goofy thing before game. I spend a couple minutes with the other radio person and go over the names.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            I do this goofy thing before game. I spend a couple minutes with the other radio person and go over the names.
            I used to do the same. Apparently the TV crew out there should be your conversation tonight
            Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
            B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
            CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
            ECAC:
            HEA: UMass
            NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
            Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by devildog View Post
              Little brother, nice dig. I'll give you twin sister, but not identical twins, of course.
              No dig intended, my brother happens to be younger than me.

And my sister could out-chick the 'cats.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                No dig intended, my brother happens to be younger than me.

And my sister could out-chick the 'cats.

Good luck against Bemidji tonight. Cats could use your help.
                “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                – Lewis B. Chesty Puller

Comment

Originally posted by devildog View Post
                  Good luck against Bemidji tonight. Cats could use your help.
                  Thanks. You too.

Comment

Very impressive showing by NMU; our announcers complimented their hustle and attitude. We'll take the 3 of 4 points; it could easily have been the other way. That was one of the toughest teams we have played this year; I'm sure they will have something to say in the NC$$.

Good luck the rest of the way. I'll be rooting for you.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Very impressive showing by NMU; our announcers complimented their hustle and attitude. We'll take the 3 of 4 points; it could easily have been the other way. That was one of the toughest teams we have played this year; I'm sure they will have something to say in the NC$$.

What a fun game despite the outcome. The announcers were so amazed at how the 'cats came to play. Apparently most visiting teams are intimidated coming into Lynah (or have been this year)? The 'cats didn't quit all game, and just missed on some puck luck to get some rebounds.

Hopefully we continue to play well and rack up W's the rest of the season, because the WCHA is likely only a two bid league at most. (Sounds similar to the EZAC era.)

Also, I would love to have Cornell back on the non-conference schedule soon. This was such a fun weekend. I kinda wish I could have made the trip out to root on the team in person.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

If the scores hold for the rest of the night, 'cats end the night 17th in PWR. Which isn't bad.

Commence the b*tching on the Wildcat Fan Page on Facebook about how no one understands math and why we gained a spot in the PWR after losing. Bwahahahahaha.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Thanks for the hospitality Cornell!
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I broke down and bought into the ESPN+ this weekend, so I saw all 6 periods, plus the overtime. First game and first period second game, very impressed with our effort. I don't know what it was, second and third period last night, we weren't winning the battles along the boards and just seemed a 1/2 step off. Credit to Cornell on that, as they are a very good team. Kent has really stepped up and looked strong all weekend, which is huge for Northern. I love our youth, and we have great talent. This group can play with anybody, as they showed this weekend.
                            We could make some noise this year, but if this young group continues to improve and grow, I think the next couple of years could be real exciting.
                            – Lewis B. Chesty Puller

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Also, I would love to have Cornell back on the non-conference schedule soon. This was such a fun weekend. I kinda wish I could have made the trip out to root on the team in person.
                              The coaches seem to like each other so that helps. We used to have a relationship with Western Michigan and I can imagine that type of thing with NMU where we play home and homes, then take a couple years off, then again. If we play in Marquette again I am definitely going to inflict my presence on you people.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 01-19-2020, 10:56 AM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

#17 Wildcats Fall In Close Game At #1 Cornell

January 19th, 2020

http://www.nmuwildcats.com/sports/mi...20200118xmd60s

Comment

Working...
                                X