Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    GFM
    Side conversation: do you use GoDaddy for your hosting? I'm debating if it's financially worth just sticking with them, or moving to different hosting that's a little cheaper.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 NMU Hockey Season

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
      Ouch, like that one time when you got the title game in your rink and were able to keep the opposing teams fans out of the building.
      And I call that a successful endevour.
      “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
      – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
      when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Side conversation: do you use GoDaddy for your hosting? I'm debating if it's financially worth just sticking with them, or moving to different hosting that's a little cheaper.
        I rent a server from Linode (actually three, but that's a different story). It costs me $5/mo plus $2/mo for backups plus a fee for the cPanel VPS (because I'll trade them some money over the "fun" of being my own detailed server admin).

The Linode that hosts UAHHockey.com has nine sites on it and runs just fine. If I ever ran into a resource issue, bumping it up to a higher server takes about ten minutes.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          I rent a server from Linode (actually three, but that's a different story). It costs me $5/mo plus $2/mo for backups plus a fee for the cPanel VPS (because I'll trade them some money over the "fun" of being my own detailed server admin).

The Linode that hosts UAHHockey.com has nine sites on it and runs just fine. If I ever ran into a resource issue, bumping it up to a higher server takes about ten minutes.

GFM
          Thanks! I currently have the NMU Baseball parody site (it started as a gag in 2004ish) where I mostly host USCHO meme gifs (or did, stupid HTTPS protocol USCHO enabled for hot linking images), and haven't gotten around to digging through my old hard drives to restore the old site to its "glory."

I was kicking around the idea of buying a second domain name so I can show off my collection of game worn NMU and NMU alumni jerseys. I'll have to spend some time pricing things out over Christmas.
          Last edited by aparch; 11-13-2019, 08:32 AM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            Thanks! I currently have the NMU Baseball parody site (it started as a gag in 2004ish) where I mostly host USCHO meme gifs (or did, stupid HTTPS protocol USCHO enabled for hot linking images), and haven't gotten around to digging through my old hard drives to restore the old site to its "glory."

I was kicking around the idea of buying a second domain name so I can show off my collection of game worn NMU and NMU alumni jerseys. I'll have to spend some time pricing things out over Christmas.
            Ping me if you want some hosting.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

First Place In WCHA On The Line For NMU Hockey This Weekend

November 13th, 2019

http://www.nmuwildcats.com/sports/mi...20191113ilwct2

Comment

After Winless Weekend NMU Hockey Faces Alaska-Fairbanks At Home

November 14th, 2019

https://www.miningjournal.net/sports...defend-better/

Comment

This weekend is going to be fun. First place in the WCHA is on the line with Mankato in a bye week; Alaska always plays us tough. Both UA_ and NMU's defenses have been stingy in giving up goals, but NMU has had a shooting gallery in goals for compared to Alaska. I cant wait to see these games in person this weekend.

Oh wait. This is all just "lame opinions" that doesn't mean anything.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

If you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
                      After Winless Weekend NMU Hockey Faces Alaska-Fairbanks At Home

November 14th, 2019

https://www.miningjournal.net/sports...defend-better/
                      We have ourselves a great coach in Grant Polutny. You can tell by some of the things he says in this article that this program is not and will not be a fluke. He just does it the right way. Go Cats.
                      “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                      – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                      when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
                        If you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        I know, people are posting opinions and you're delicate.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

What a win! Wouldn't be the Cardiac Cats if it wasn't for that little scare in the third. A little sloppy play by both teams, but definitely a good game and even better outcome! Was so good to see the student section so packed as well.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

NMU Sits Atop WCHA Standings With (2-1) Win Over Alaska

November 15th, 2019

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...565023872.html

Comment

NMU Rebounds With (2-1) Home Win Over Alaska-Fairbanks

November 15th, 2019

https://www.miningjournal.net/sports...ska-fairbanks/

Comment

2019 NMU Hockey Home Attendance At Berry Events Center

4043 - Michigan State
                                4071 - Michigan State
                                2493 - Alabama-Huntsville
                                2959 - Alabama-Huntsville
                                3020 - St. Cloud State
                                3258 - St. Cloud State
                                2605 - Alaska-Fairbanks
                                2785 - Alaska-Fairbanks

25,234 Total Home Attendance For 8 Games = 3154 Average Per Game

Comment

Working...
                                X