This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:52: Not Founded On Anything

One of the advantages of the parliamentary system is Prime Minister's Questions. For example today's rispote between Mr. Corbyn (Labour) and Mrs. May (PM -Conservative)

Mr Corbyn says social mobility is "going backwards".

"Things are getting worse under this government," he says.

"Life expectancy in Britain is falling for the first time since 1945.

"Where does the prime minister think this government has gone wrong?"

Mrs May replies: "It is not the case that people are expected to live shorter lives than they had done in the past.

"What we have been doing is ensuring we are providing for people at every stage of their lives."
    Would we had that here.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      who the hell claps?!?!
      Those who don't see them every day?

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        who the hell claps?!?!
        When the announcer says, "Lets have a big hand for Candi(Mandi)(Brandi)(Sandi)(Randi)"
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

He’s retweeted no less than 30 firemen. Someone having a bad morning

Comment

https://politicalwire.com/2019/05/01...ort-summaries/

I don't think turning Mueller into a bad guy here is either right or wise. He's managed to stay above the fray and do his investigation without any leaks which is just about unprecedented. We need 1) the full report, not the one selectively edited by Chump's toady, and 2) Mueller to testify openly before the House Judiciary Committee. Then we can start drawing better conclusions.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
              When the announcer says, "Lets have a big hand for Candi(Mandi)(Brandi)(Sandi)(Randi)"
              They must do things differently in Maine
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post

I don't think turning Mueller into a bad guy here is either right or wise. He's managed to stay above the fray and do his investigation without any leaks which is just about unprecedented. We need 1) the full report, not the one selectively edited by Chump's toady, and 2) Mueller to testify openly before the House Judiciary Committee. Then we can start drawing better conclusions.
                So he did his job without any leaks.... but now it is time for leaks?!?

Silly rabbit

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  So he did his job without any leaks.... but now it is time for leaks?!?

Silly rabbit
                  ? - Huh?

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Agree. From what I've read, he's old school. His job isn't to make political decisions or opinions. His job is to do what his superiors task him, investigate, and report. And everything has to go through the proper channels.
                    And I am not asking him to make a political decision. I didnt say he should be pushing for impeachment and I am fine with what he concluded. That isnt what this is about.

His words were made political by someone else, and whats worse is they were twisted and misused to exonerate the very person he was investigating. (which goes against the findings of Mueller himself) I dont know about you but if I am doing my best to stay out of it and someone pulls me in and lies about what my conclusions are for days/weeks on end I do more than write them a letter saying "you stop now or else!" If he cared about his integrity so much he would have denounced what Barr said the next day after Barr held his PC. But no he stood there flaccid...didnt have the stones to say the truth and challenge the lies even as they spread like wildfire.

This isnt about impeachment, this is about him supposedly trying to "stay out of the fray" but not stopping others from doing it for him. You want to punt on the questions to other jurisdictions fine. I trust them to do what is right more than I trust Congress. But you literally wrote "this does not exonerate Trump" in the report and Barr is saying you said otherwise and you sit back and do nothing? That doesnt sound like a Prosecutor to me that sounds like a Democrat.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

I dont think he is a bad guy...I think he is weak. I think he (most likely) did a great job with the investigation. I think, much like Comey and Rosenstein he is out of his element dealing with the fallout from the actions they take because they think most people have a sense of honor and duty. They do things the right way assuming that will lead to the right conclusions and reactions. They especially feel that way about the GOP because they themselves are Republicans. (well Comey left but he was) They failed to realize that there is no honor in the GOP these days, and by the time they realize it is way too late. They may want to be A-Political in the sense of their actions, but they allow themselves to become pawns in the political game and dont have the guts to fight it until the damage has been done.

Now if Mueller becomes the next Comey who basically has spent the last 2 years on an Anti-Trump tour I might think differently. I dont see that happening though.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        And I am not asking him to make a political decision. I didnt say he should be pushing for impeachment and I am fine with what he concluded. That isnt what this is about.

His words were made political by someone else, and whats worse is they were twisted and misused to exonerate the very person he was investigating. (which goes against the findings of Mueller himself) I dont know about you but if I am doing my best to stay out of it and someone pulls me in and lies about what my conclusions are for days/weeks on end I do more than write them a letter saying "you stop now or else!" If he cared about his integrity so much he would have denounced what Barr said the next day after Barr held his PC. But no he stood there flaccid...didnt have the stones to say the truth and challenge the lies even as they spread like wildfire.

This isnt about impeachment, this is about him supposedly trying to "stay out of the fray" but not stopping others from doing it for him. You want to punt on the questions to other jurisdictions fine. I trust them to do what is right more than I trust Congress. But you literally wrote "this does not exonerate Trump" in the report and Barr is saying you said otherwise and you sit back and do nothing? That doesnt sound like a Prosecutor to me that sounds like a Democrat.
                        You might not be wrong, but I personally am not willing to judge too harshly a guy who conducted a massive investigation into possible crimes committed by members of his own political party, suffered silently as the President of the United States (who claims to be a member of said party) called him a traitor for conducting the investigation, because he spent a couple of weeks at the end of a multiyear investigation working up the courage (or whatever he was working up) to call out the Attorney General for lying about his findings. (Christ on a cracker. That is probably the most poorly-written sentence I've ever perpetrated on humans. Sorry 'bout that.)

Mueller's work was the investigation and its report. He did the work. As we've seen, finding a Republican who will speak up against this administration is not easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          I dont think he is a bad guy...I think he is weak. I think he (most likely) did a great job with the investigation. I think, much like Comey and Rosenstein he is out of his element dealing with the fallout from the actions they take because they think most people have a sense of honor and duty. They do things the right way assuming that will lead to the right conclusions and reactions. They especially feel that way about the GOP because they themselves are Republicans. (well Comey left but he was) They failed to realize that there is no honor in the GOP these days, and by the time they realize it is way too late. They may want to be A-Political in the sense of their actions, but they allow themselves to become pawns in the political game and dont have the guts to fight it until the damage has been done.

Now if Mueller becomes the next Comey who basically has spent the last 2 years on an Anti-Trump tour I might think differently. I dont see that happening though.
                          So mueller David chased it

Comment

Yeah if Mueller actually cared he would comment publicly. Sorry but that rings about as hollow as a Susan Collins assurance. Mueller seems more and more spineless by the day IMHO.
                            Alternative explanation: Mueller views process as more important than result because violation of process means all future process, and thus results, are at risk.

He does not view himself as a political actor; he views himself as an institutional functionary. His personal opinions are left at the door when he goes to work.

This is precisely what we are supposed to ask of all our state actors: cops, judges, soldiers. When you get state actors who discard their impartiality because they think "this time it's really important," you get Katherine Harris.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If you want Chump and crew held accountable for their crimes, it isn't Mueller's job to do so. Simply put, you need to 1) vote Chump and the Nazi cult out of office in 2020 (doable) and then 2) refer his crimes based on Mueller's investigation to the proper authorities. If that includes people like Barr in the cover up so be it. Chump is making a cynical but reasoned guess that if he runs out the clock on his first term, even if he ends up losing there will be no political appetite from the Dems in power to re-investigate his Presidency. If he wins he'll consider that justification for shutting down any investigations and pardoning anybody who could do him damage. I personally would prefer an airtight investigation and the authorities waiting to lead him away in handcuffs the minute he (hopefully) hands over power in Jan of 2021.

Comment

That's not weakness, that's being a good lawman. What Comey has done as a private citizen, lashing out at Droolius Caesar for firing him over patently political reasons, is his own business. Mueller was conducting an independent investigation, and has to maintain that air of impartiality (even if Dumpies think he's a "Deep Stater" regardless).

Comment

Working...
                                X