This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    This is key. I have decent PTO (200 hours) but it includes sick days and there's no carryover. One illness and you're f-cked for the year.
    I ought to also mention that 50% of your unused sick leave counts towards retirement.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by duper View Post
      My district has pretty relaxed rules about PTO, but because going anywhere requires getting on a flight that is stupidly expensive and almost as likely as not to be cancelled due to weather, I don't bother.
      Where do you live? Halifax?
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45:52: Not Founded On Anything

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        I haven't in the past, but plan to this summer, mostly greater MN and maybe some jaunts to eastern/central WI (read: brewery road trips )
        one of the many great things here is a ton of red eye flights. every time mookie goes to bangkok it is overnight and can hit the ground running. so middle june will work wednesday and fly out after work. spend two nights there and only miss one day of work (weekends are fri/sat). middle july doing the same with hong kong but will spend 3 nights and take just one day off. flight back lands in amman early and the connection is later on, so mookie has 13hrs to leave the airport and go see the city.
        convenient schedule as well going west
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Mookie must be able to sleep well on airplanes, because no one has ever said "great" and "red eye" in the same sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            one of the many great things here is a ton of red eye flights. every time mookie goes to bangkok it is overnight and can hit the ground running. so middle june will work wednesday and fly out after work. spend two nights there and only miss one day of work (weekends are fri/sat). middle july doing the same with hong kong but will spend 3 nights and take just one day off. flight back lands in amman early and the connection is later on, so mookie has 13hrs to leave the airport and go see the city.
            convenient schedule as well going west
            I figure, you want the fabric of the town? Hit the local pub or greasy spoon. Talk to the locals. I most often don't care about the tourist stuff. Gimme the everyday stuff of the townies.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I figure, you want the fabric of the town? Hit the local pub or greasy spoon. Talk to the locals. I most often don't care about the tourist stuff. Gimme the everyday stuff of the townies.
              bonus in cairo was a cabbie didn't understand mookie's request.

mookie- marriott
              cabbie- huh?
              mookie- mare ree uhta (as mookie see exit pass by out of window.
              cabbie-huh?
              mookie-right there!!! (pointing)
              cabie-oh.. mare ree OOOOT?
              mookie-eh eh

so we drive a couple miles out of the way but mookie sees the back end of his neighborhood with coffee shops and cafes. so after cabbie drops him off he turns and walks it. never would have known otherwise and the added fare was maybe $0.20 US EGP is somewhat 'weak'

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Mookie must be able to sleep well on airplanes, because no one has ever said "great" and "red eye" in the same sentence.

yes he does. usually out before wheels up

Comment

To be fair, most Americans mispronounce Marriott. There's not supposed to be any heavy emphasis on the last syllable (it sounds like -uht, not -OTT).

Comment

To be fair, most Americans mispronounce Marriott. There's not supposed to be any heavy emphasis on the last syllable (it sounds like -uht, not -OTT).
                    AH-leeh-AHNZ, not All-EYE-anz. Right, soh? (Close enough, btw)
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

mookie just goes by what he heard on television

Comment

AH-leeh-AHNZ, not All-EYE-anz. Right, soh? (Close enough, btw)
                        ah dee DAHS

Comment

(Close enough, btw)
                          Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          mookie just goes by what he heard on television
                          It's fine. Mormons talk funny.

Comment

I hate it when people put the wrong em-PHAH-sis on the wrong sill-LAH-bill.

Comment

It's fine. Mormons talk funny.
                              "i hate mormoms" dennis rodman

Comment

bbc was doing a story on aluminum. mookie kept hearing ahl-loo-MIN - nee um.

Comment

Working...
                                X