Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXIX: Pro/Rel USA! just kidding!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXIX: Pro/Rel USA! just kidding!

I look at the WWC and I see what would happen if the NCAA men's ice hockey tournament expanded to 64 teams.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      Oddly enough the Thai players didn't seem to have a problem with it.
      Good for them. The USWNT was representing my country, not theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        I look at the WWC and I see what would happen if the NCAA men's ice hockey tournament expanded to 64 teams.
        St. Cloud would still lose in the first round?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          Brandi Chastain. Yeah, when guys rip off their shirts for goal celebrations it's fine. If a woman does it the world will end. Won't someone think of the children??
          I love that this guy is a thing:

Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Comment

Brandi Chastain. Yeah, when guys rip off their shirts for goal celebrations it's fine. If a woman does it the world will end. Won't someone think of the children??
              The Chastain thing was effing awesome and she even got a commercial with Kevin Garnett out of it. You gonna die on the vine for this one?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                Good for them. The USWNT was representing my country, not theirs.
                Better not watch the game against Chile then.

The Italians defeated Jamaica 5-0. The classless Italians celebrated all five goals. Shameful.

Comment

Better not watch the game against Chile then.

The Italians defeated Jamaica 5-0. The classless Italians celebrated all five goals. Shameful.
                  Or Sweden vs. Thailand. You know Sweden is going to try to run up the score for the same GD reason. The only question is how will they celebrate once they get to double digits?
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Italy advances. England advances.

Better get the sportsmanship alarm ready for next week. Good chance Group B comes down to goal differential for seeding a three-way tie for first, and Australia trails both Brazil and Italy in GD with Jamaica next on the schedule.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Suggesting there is an equivalency between those two matches, those two scorelines, and those two teams shows you don't have a farking clue.

I'm bothered by the 13-0 scoreline, but that is as much a complaint about tournament format and rules as anything else. It's the huge celebrations after every goal in a game that is already handily decided that is absolutely horrible form.

I'm also really irritated by people saying the only reason the US are being criticized is because it's the women's team. Ridiculous. Being women has absolutely nothing to do with it, and it's especially irritating to hear that it's "only because they are girls" from people who can't be bothered to watch more than a few minutes of any matches not involving the US, and who wouldn't even be dialed in to the US team if they weren't one of the best teams in the world.

The only thing sex has to do with it is in relation to what is said about the Argentinian team going out and demanding their federation take them seriously with the way they are competing with the upper echelons of women's soccer, and how good that is for women's soccer around the world. What is the corollary statement about a Thai team that gets crushed 13-0?
                      Now should that be an obligatory consideration for the US team in individual matches of a competitive tournament? No, of course not. But I will say for fans of players who are currently engaged in a struggle for equality that I would say without irony is truly righteous, it seems a bit self-centered not to at least be cognizant of the fact that for most of the women footballers throughout the world the struggle is much more precipitous.

Carli Lloyd, Megan Rapinoe, Alex Morgan....these are women who have won everything there is to win on the international level, have Olympic gold medals and World Cup championships, have countless personal accolades. Going out and celebrating like you just opened the scoring of the WC Final when you are up by double digits against a team that is multiple levels below you in administrative and developmental support, let alone athletic and technical ability...What are you doing?

As an American soccer fan, and as a women's soccer fan, it's really disappointing to see.

Comment

Im good with scoring 100 goals and celebrating all of them. This is professional teams, not little league.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                          Suggesting there is an equivalency between those two matches, those two scorelines, and those two teams shows you don't have a farking clue.

I'm bothered by the 13-0 scoreline, but that is as much a complaint about tournament format and rules as anything else. It's the huge celebrations after every goal in a game that is already handily decided that is absolutely horrible form.

I'm also really irritated by people saying the only reason the US are being criticized is because it's the women's team. Ridiculous. Being women has absolutely nothing to do with it, and it's especially irritating to hear that it's "only because they are girls" from people who can't be bothered to watch more than a few minutes of any matches not involving the US, and who wouldn't even be dialed in to the US team if they weren't one of the best teams in the world.

The only thing sex has to do with it is in relation to what is said about the Argentinian team going out and demanding their federation take them seriously with the way they are competing with the upper echelons of women's soccer, and how good that is for women's soccer around the world. What is the corollary statement about a Thai team that gets crushed 13-0?
                          Now should that be an obligatory consideration for the US team in individual matches of a competitive tournament? No, of course not. But I will say for fans of players who are currently engaged in a struggle for equality that I would say without irony is truly righteous, it seems a bit self-centered not to at least be cognizant of the fact that for most of the women footballers throughout the world the struggle is much more precipitous.

Carli Lloyd, Megan Rapinoe, Alex Morgan....these are women who have won everything there is to win on the international level, have Olympic gold medals and World Cup championships, have countless personal accolades. Going out and celebrating like you just opened the scoring of the WC Final when you are up by double digits against a team that is multiple levels below you in administrative and developmental support, let alone athletic and technical ability...What are you doing?

As an American soccer fan, and as a women's soccer fan, it's really disappointing to see.
                          Get over it.
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I'm really interested to see what Sweden does if they are able to dominate Thailand like the US did...I have a hard time believing they won't be more reserved than USWNT but who knows...
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Free meal at the Hot Truck for you!
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post

Bingo!!

Comment

Working...
                                X