Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Originally posted by WarHog89 View Post
    Agreed on the bottom 6. However, we do need some production, especially when against the country’s best.
    Sukumaran needs to start producing, he’s proven he’s done it before in the bottom 6 in previous seasons.

Fourth line has been doing a great job cycling, wearing down the d’s
    We need some physicality there as well to really allow guys like Dugan and tyce to take advantage of tired teams late in games.

Overall, team is trending in the right direction, really promising.
    Agreed. Aside from the rustiness against LSSU and Union, this has been a very good stretch.
    I'd like to see Vimal turn it on.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Friars back in HE action today with a 5pm puck drop against UCONN at Schneider.

keep the momentum going!

Comment

Choppy bleh game so far. 1-1

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

final 2-1 Friars

Comment

4 games in 8 days is a lot of hockey. Missing some regulars probably hurt too, but the thing I like about their roster this year is they have the depth and didn't have to go out and find midyear players to add. That said, not the prettiest game they've played but as far as Pairwise, they got the win and that's what mattered most.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
              4 games in 8 days is a lot of hockey. Missing some regulars probably hurt too, but the thing I like about their roster this year is they have the depth and didn't have to go out and find midyear players to add. That said, not the prettiest game they've played but as far as Pairwise, they got the win and that's what mattered most.
              With the results tonight, it was a big win as UMass/BC split this weekend, and Northeastern lost to UNH.
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                With the results tonight, it was a big win as UMass/BC split this weekend, and Northeastern lost to UNH.
                Still in first even if half the league has played less games.
                I love Crozier scoring the winning goal after being hit in the face twice.
                The Skating Mother Theresas await.
                Last edited by Jon; 01-12-2020, 07:58 AM.

-Blackadder
                -Casablanca
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  Still in first even if half the league has played less games.
                  I love Crozier scoring the winning goal after being hit in the face twice.
                  The Skating Mother Theresas await.
                  Friday was their chance to gain some points...
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

PC has actually played the same amount of games as NU and UCONN. And 3 more than BC, UNH, and UVM for some reason. I also feel like BU hasn't played that many games, but they have 2 games in hand on PC. It's less weird than I thought it was. I don't think PC is going to win the league this year, but stranger things have happened. I can see dropping some dumb points to UVM for example and UMASS is going to be a headache.
                    The next weekend is not going to be easy.
                    Last edited by Jon; 01-14-2020, 04:02 PM.

-Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Jack Dugan and Tyce Thomson were each nominated for the 2020 Hobey Baker Award.

Fan voting is live through March 9.

https://www.hobeybaker.com/vote

Go Friars!

Comment

wildcat weekend. big 4 pts and pwr ranking on the line. unh has looked decent this year expect 2 tough games. they beat nu in their last game. minimum take away this weekend is 1 win for friars. after tomorrow friars are off until 31st up at nu.

Comment

And we open with a 5 min major
                          \

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
                            And we open with a 5 min major
                            \
                            Down 3-0 after 1. Brutal

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

3-2 after 2. Much better

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                Down 3-0 after 1. Brutal
                                3-2 after 2

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X