Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
    From what I can they play 6 freshmen regularly with another for one reason or another getting to dress in over half their games. 7 of top 9 scorers are returnees including top 5. They still have same goalie and he’s played every minute.
    Cornell’s goalie, Matt Galajda, was injured in last year’s ECAC Championship game so he did not play in the NCAAs against Providence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scoop85 View Post
      Cornell’s goalie, Matt Galajda, was injured in last year’s ECAC Championship game so he did not play in the NCAAs against Providence.
      Yup, not that it hurt the Big Red against Northeastern

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Friars Win Friars Win Friars Win

3-2 winning it in a shootout with Jack Dugan getting the only goal in the shootout....

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
          Friars Win Friars Win Friars Win

3-2 winning it in a shootout with Jack Dugan getting the only goal in the shootout....
          While Providence “wins” the tournament of course it goes down as a tie record-wise

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop85 View Post
            While Providence “wins” the tournament of course it goes down as a tie record-wise
            True...still even a tie for the young Friar team against #2 Cornell is a + going forward. Friars played a good game.

One more OOC against AIC in Springfield then it's all Hockey East games to finish the season. Hopefully they get a couple of the experienced guys back for the stretch run.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
              Friars played a good game.
              That they did. OSU kinda sleepwalked through the previous night, so it was good for Cornell to get a wake-up call against a strong opponent. I could see these two meeting again in the NCAAs.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Good weekend for the Friars! Hopefully they keep it going this month. Cornell is a strong team and Army has played well this season. Good start to the second half of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                  Good weekend for the Friars! Hopefully they keep it going this month. Cornell is a strong team and Army has played well this season. Good start to the second half of the season.
                  The young guys are getting quite an introduction to college hockey, every game, no matter where played and no matter the opponent has been a real battle.

Comment

A little nervous about playing AIC in Springfield. they are 9-10-1 but they have a good home record and I'm cautious about these games since the Friars went to Worcester and lost to Holy Cross in overtime a few years back.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      After the games against Northwestern, Penn, Long Beach, and Charleston - that will be a lovely evening. For Rhody.
                      That changed dramatically!
                      Ed Cooley flipped some sort of switch.

-Blackadder
                      -Casablanca
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Friars va AIC tonight.

important game for PWR, not so much for going up more so for going down.

Nilsson out broken hand in Cornell game. O'Neill still out as well as Mirageas

game on flo hockey if you have it. 104.7 radio including Tune-in, Friar All Access if you have that. 7:05 puck drop

Comment

Friars get it done 5-0

Tyce with 2 goals

Dugan with 4 assists

Tyce with PC first shorty of year and had a PP goal

12 HE games left
                          Last edited by 73PCFriar; 01-09-2020, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                            Friars get it done 5-0

Tyce with 2 goals

Dugan with 4 assists

Tyce with PC first shorty of year and had a PP goal

12 HE games left
                            Made the trek out there. I was worried about whether the atmosphere of playing in a 7-8k seat arena with at best 1k people would hurt the Friars. After a pretty even first period, PC really took control of the game in the second dominating possession. AIC did make a little bit of a press to start the third period but Lackey came up with some solid stops.

Dugan continues to be a blessing while the bottom six on this team does need to just not give up goals and they will be a tough out in the NCAA tourney.

I thought Davis Bunz had a poor game tonight with multiple turnovers but Ford looked faster than I remembered and made several little plays.
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              A little nervous about playing AIC in Springfield. they are 9-10-1 but they have a good home record and I'm cautious about these games since the Friars went to Worcester and lost to Holy Cross in overtime a few years back.
                              It worked out.

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                Made the trek out there. I was worried about whether the atmosphere of playing in a 7-8k seat arena with at best 1k people would hurt the Friars. After a pretty even first period, PC really took control of the game in the second dominating possession. AIC did make a little bit of a press to start the third period but Lackey came up with some solid stops.

Dugan continues to be a blessing while the bottom six on this team does need to just not give up goals and they will be a tough out in the NCAA tourney.

I thought Davis Bunz had a poor game tonight with multiple turnovers but Ford looked faster than I remembered and made several little plays.
                                Agreed on the bottom 6. However, we do need some production, especially when against the country’s best.
                                Sukumaran needs to start producing, he’s proven he’s done it before in the bottom 6 in previous seasons.

Fourth line has been doing a great job cycling, wearing down the d’s
                                We need some physicality there as well to really allow guys like Dugan and tyce to take advantage of tired teams late in games.

Overall, team is trending in the right direction, really promising.

Comment

Working...
                                X