• Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
    So far this season:
    Kavananaugh -3, 0 points,
    Sukarmaran -2, 1 point,
    Young -2, o points
    The only other player that is a (minus) is freshman Craig Needham.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

ICYMI: Nate was a guest on this week's CHN'siders Podcast Podcast:

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ontheair/

Comment

Originally posted by LFofF View Post
        ICYMI: Nate was a guest on this week's CHN'siders Podcast Podcast:

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ontheair/
        Some interesting comments from Nate on a variety of stuff.

Comment

Home stand weekend this weekend. Hope they lose those greay jerseys

So we have a Pairwise impact game tonight with Colgate coming in. They tied and beat UML, so they could give the Friars a challenge tonight although they are 0-3-1 since the UML series. Really need to win these OOC games and having already dropped one at home cannot afford to drop a second one.

Tomorrow, return of the Beagles to Schneider where they had PC's number last year. Got to believe they will be looking for some revenge after last week's loss at Kelly rink. Expect a decent crowd and the usual students for 2 periods.
          Last edited by 73PCFriar; 11-01-2019, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
            Expect a decent crowd and the usual students for 2 periods.
            That made me chuckle.
            Please bring back the home whites.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Kudos to Jack Dugan for being named the October Hockey East Player of the Month.

It is always nice to see Mark Divver's byline. Still can't believe the ProJo cut him. Mark's On Campus column for NHL.com leads with Dugan:
              https://www.nhl.com/news/on-campus-v...an/c-310699164

Remember ... it is Food Truck Night at the Schneid tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by LFofF View Post
                Kudos to Jack Dugan for being named the October Hockey East Player of the Month.

It is always nice to see Mark Divver's byline. Still can't believe the ProJo cut him. Mark's On Campus column for NHL.com leads with Dugan:
                https://www.nhl.com/news/on-campus-v...an/c-310699164
                Mark Divver is a must follow for anyone on Twitter who cares about PC, Brown, and college hockey in general.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Tied at 3 late in the third. Seems like another bad third period at home,
                  Last edited by Jon; 11-01-2019, 08:35 PM.

-Blackadder
                  -Casablanca
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    Tied at 3 late in the third. Seems like another bad third period at home,
                    Another bad Third period at home, and a complete no show in OT.
                    Lackey saved their butts from another deserved OT loss.
                    Whatever happen d to the friars customary stingy D to close out games
                    Lackey has been held up to dry by the team defense in close games.

Comment

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                      Another bad Third period at home, and a complete no show in OT.
                      Lackey saved their butts from another deserved OT loss.
                      Whatever happen d to the friars customary stingy D to close out games
                      Lackey has been held up to dry by the team defense in close games.
                      They were bad in Second and Third. Friars 3rd goal was kind of lucky one with a shot from the point bouncing off the boards right to Thompson next to a wide open net.

The Colgate goals seemed to all come off scramble in front with D unable to clear the puck.

Lackey was big in the last minute of OT and then with .4 seconds left faceoff in PC end the Colgate faceoff guy actually got a shot off that just missed.

Tie is better than a loss but they definitely need to play better especially in their zone.

Next 7 games are HE games, this stretch will go a lone way in determining how the Friars end up this year.

Got to believe teams will really be focusing on Dugan going forward, others are going to need to pick it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                        They were bad in Second and Third. Friars 3rd goal was kind of lucky one with a shot from the point bouncing off the boards right to Thompson next to a wide open net.

The Colgate goals seemed to all come off scramble in front with D unable to clear the puck.

Lackey was big in the last minute of OT and then with .4 seconds left faceoff in PC end the Colgate faceoff guy actually got a shot off that just missed.

Tie is better than a loss but they definitely need to play better especially in their zone.

Next 7 games are HE games, this stretch will go a lone way in determining how the Friars end up this year.

Got to believe teams will really be focusing on Dugan going forward, others are going to need to pick it up.
                        Terrible defense again with upper class dmen turning the pucks over at the offensive blue line (tonight it was Callahan) in a two goal game. He pinches instead of getting back leading to the odd man rush. Then as he is rushing back to get into position, he gets beat again on the trailer which beat Lackey five hole.

The tying goal was a shot from the point that was going wide by a wide margin. Miregas inexplicably tried to glove the puck down which put it into the slot which lead to the goal.
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          Please bring back the home whites.
                          The fiery hatred I have for non-white home jerseys, i.e. Mack/Q yellows, PC greys, is weapons grade. There ought to be a law...

Also that ridiculously quick whistle in the 3rd was just brutal.
                          Lowell Forever
                          Forever Lowell

Comment

• Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                            The fiery hatred I have for non-white home jerseys, i.e. Mack/Q yellows, PC greys, is weapons grade. There ought to be a law...

Also that ridiculously quick whistle in the 3rd was just brutal.
                            From the replay, Vimal was hosed.
                            I am a sucker for gold/yellow/maize jerseys but Q and Merrimack aren’t great.. PC needs to go back to the home whites after three bad results in a row at home

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Down 2-1 in the second. Printz got tossed

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                Down 2-1 in the second. Printz got tossed
                                Yet another penalty. The hell.
                                Now down 3-1. This would be early season struggles we were warned about.
                                Last edited by Jon; 11-02-2019, 07:30 PM.

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X