Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Originally posted by satyking View Post
    These numbers mean nothing in October.....talk to me in January .... at Nr 7 now we must be Nr 1 in HE
    Totally agree, just shows how the experts don't even know what to think this time of the year.

In any event, big HE weekend for the Friars against BC (on the road in a rink Friars never seem to get a break) and UML at home. Got to figure these will be 2 teams Friars will be battling for home ice at end of season.

NESN+ for tomorrow night's game.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
      Totally agree, just shows how the experts don't even know what to think this time of the year.

In any event, big HE weekend for the Friars against BC (on the road in a rink Friars never seem to get a break) and UML at home. Got to figure these will be 2 teams Friars will be battling for home ice at end of season.

NESN+ for tomorrow night's game.
      Should be interested to see how annoyed PC is tonight. I hope Nate keeps their emotions under check because between losing to BC four times last year and the situation with Vimal - that Hockey East completely butchered to the point where BC fans were complaining about it - , things could get out of hand penalty wise. I'd assume that Jerry York will take advantage.
      Last edited by Jon; 10-25-2019, 12:10 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
        Should be interested to see how annoyed PC is tonight. I hope Nate keeps their emotions under check because between losing to BC four times last year and the situation with Vimal - that Hockey East completely butchered to the point where BC fans were complaining about it - , things could get out of hand penalty wise. I'd assume that Jerry York will take advantage.
        I think Divver interviewed or spoke to him.. sounds like pretty smart kid. yet, he is a human being with emotions -

Sukurmaran: ‘I’m past it, I’m over it. I was over it right away once we started the (NCAA) Tournament. The people (at PC) helped me out a lot. They really had my back, which I appreciate a lot’

‘I’ve heard things like that over the years. That’s probably not the (worst) thing I’ve heard. I was definitely taken aback'

'I play my game and I play it hard, and so maybe I’ll play it a little harder on (the BC player), but from the looks of it right now, it’s nothing that I care about or I’m going to go after the kid for. I’m just there to play my game'

Vimal’s take - I liked the last para especially.. Take the high road, play your game.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
          I think Divver interviewed or spoke to him.. sounds like pretty smart kid. yet, he is a human being with emotions -

Sukurmaran: ‘I’m past it, I’m over it. I was over it right away once we started the (NCAA) Tournament. The people (at PC) helped me out a lot. They really had my back, which I appreciate a lot’

‘I’ve heard things like that over the years. That’s probably not the (worst) thing I’ve heard. I was definitely taken aback'

'I play my game and I play it hard, and so maybe I’ll play it a little harder on (the BC player), but from the looks of it right now, it’s nothing that I care about or I’m going to go after the kid for. I’m just there to play my game'

Vimal’s take - I liked the last para especially.. Take the high road, play your game.
          He's saying the right things. PC has had some godawful performances at Conte over the years and the last thing the team needs is to kill a bunch of dumb penalties.
          I follow enough BC people on Twitter to know that penalties are a problem for a Eagles. Our power play is better than I expected it to be.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Up 5-2 in the third

-Blackadder
            -Casablanca
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Final 6-2 PC. 8 frosh in the lineup for this one tonight. Second period was crazy with 4 goals in 1:41 2 by each team. Lackey continues to impress in goal. Some nice goals by the Friars. Couple of gaffs led to BC goals but they were able to overcome each and come back quickly to score.

Have to be impressed with 3 straight road wins and the amount of goals they are scoring after thinking all of their scoring went to the pros.

Dugan Printz and Ford impressive first line. Lots of depth as well with event the 4th line chipping in with an impressive effort.

Another big home game tomorrow against UML, hopefully they can carry this good road play into Schneider.

UML tied BU 3-3 in OT tonight at Tsongas coming back from a 3-0 deficit.

BC at Schneider a week from tomorrow, and that's it for the regular season against them.

Comment

A great write-up about last night from today’s Boston Herald:

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/10...oston-college/

Comment

Spenser Young for you tonight!
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

That seemed a lot like the loss to Holy Cross.

-Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      That seemed a lot like the loss to Holy Cross.
                      Deja view all over again, Friars outplayed by Lowell in crunch time, third period and overtime. Better learn how to win a close game.

Comment

• Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                        Deja view all over again, Friars outplayed by Lowell in crunch time, third period and overtime. Better learn how to win a close game.
                        Starts with the two captains on defense...especially number 21

Comment

Definitely a big mis-play by Young at mid-ice that leads to a 2 on 1 breakout for UML

Lackey kept them in it in the third period.

Mirageas with a big turnover at blue line leads to a UML goal as well.

Don't expect your more experienced D men to be costing you games.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                            Definitely a big mis-play by Young at mid-ice that leads to a 2 on 1 breakout for UML

Lackey kept them in it in the third period.

Mirageas with a big turnover at blue line leads to a UML goal as well.

Don't expect your more experienced D men to be costing you games.
                            BINGO....Nate's upperclassmen have always been an issue in their senior seasons.

Comment

Team checks in at #8 in this week's top 20. About what I expected. A good road win followed by a repeat of the Holy Cross game.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                BINGO....Nate's upperclassmen have always been an issue in their senior seasons.
                                So far this season:
                                Kavananaugh -3, 0 points,
                                Sukarmaran -2, 1 point,
                                Young -2, o points

Comment

Working...
                                X