Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
    I think Holy Cross is a very good team and I love their coach. I still don't think that PC should be losing to them if they hope to do anything this season in regard to the NCAA's. I think PC takes some teams lightly and get burned when they do.
    Holy Cross is the current Friars what Brown was to the Pooley era Friars.
    It's also possible that the league hasn't improved as much as we thought it was going to given what happened this weekend to everyone who wasn't PC or UMASS. BC being swept at Denver is not terrible, UCONN and UVM each had a win they needed to get, and Maine gave QU some trouble. But what the hell happened to UML and BU?

This being said, that game at BC is scary. A less stacked BC team won four games against PC last year. And losing to Denver twice will not improve their mood.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
      I think Holy Cross is a very good team and I love their coach. I still don't think that PC should be losing to them if they hope to do anything this season in regard to the NCAA's. I think PC takes some teams lightly and get burned when they do.
      The gap between Atlantic Hockey and other programs has narrowed significantly, ask last season's NCAA number 1 seed, St Cloud State , for confirmation.

Comment

Atlantic Hockey has been closing the gap for a while now - no one takes Air Force lightly, especially. But it should be noted that SCSU has a bad history of going out early.
        AIC was such a great story last year.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
          Holy Cross is the current Friars what Brown was to the Pooley era Friars.
          It's also possible that the league hasn't improved as much as we thought it was going to given what happened this weekend to everyone who wasn't PC or UMASS. BC being swept at Denver is not terrible, UCONN and UVM each had a win they needed to get, and Maine gave QU some trouble. But what the hell happened to UML and BU?

This being said, that game at BC is scary. A less stacked BC team won four games against PC last year. And losing to Denver twice will not improve their mood.
          You forgot to mention UNH!

Comment

Originally posted by pc88 View Post
            The Cross tied NU. Are they better than we thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Before that game, Holy Cross lost to Merrimack at home on Thursday.
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
              The gap between Atlantic Hockey and other programs has narrowed significantly, ask last season's NCAA number 1 seed, St Cloud State , for confirmation.
              The Friars dropped from 6 to 13th in the country after a close loss to HC. That drop is significant and proof that a HE school is expected to take care of business against an Atlantic Hockey school in their own rink. I understand a loss here or there but it seems like they were taken lightly and HC bit the Friars in the arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                You forgot to mention UNH!
                Do they have a team this year? That's great if they do.

Still mad at UNH for closing Acorns. I loved that place!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pc88 View Post
                  The Cross tied NU. Are they better than we thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  they weren't good. just that (that gm), we were not good either.
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

It is always great to see a Friar land the top spot on the NCAA Play of the Week! A great play by Tyce Thompson.

https://***********/NCAAIceHockey/st...265773056?s=20

Comment

I don't think losing to Bentley at Bentley is as bad as it used to be. It's not great. But PC lost to Holy Cross at home so it's not like we are in any position to make fun of UNH at all.
                      But just for old times sake, SKATING MOTHER THERESAS!

-Blackadder
                      -Casablanca
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                        The Friars dropped from 6 to 13th in the country after a close loss to HC. That drop is significant and proof that a HE school is expected to take care of business against an Atlantic Hockey school in their own rink. I understand a loss here or there but it seems like they were taken lightly and HC bit the Friars in the arse.
                        Flush it, hockey is a volatile game, it happens, all teams lose when one expects to see an easy W.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                          And after sweeping upstate New York they jump back to 7th...even Nate said the team played bad against HC and the US NTDP team the weekend before...but had a great week of practice before SLU/Clarkson...here's hoping they learned lessons early as they hit some big HE games now....

Comment

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                            Flush it, hockey is a volatile game, it happens, all teams lose when one expects to see an easy W.
                            I didn't expect it to be an easy win. I did think they should win the game though.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                              And after sweeping upstate New York they jump back to 7th...even Nate said the team played bad against HC and the US NTDP team the weekend before...but had a great week of practice before SLU/Clarkson...here's hoping they learned lessons early as they hit some big HE games now....
                              These numbers mean nothing in October.....talk to me in January .... at Nr 7 now we must be Nr 1 in HE

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                                These numbers mean nothing in October.....talk to me in January .... at Nr 7 now we must be Nr 1 in HE
                                Especially if the league is going to be less than dominant out of conference.

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X