Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
    Filled up the glass and ready to watch a certain game from April 2015. Why not?
    The game against UNO or the one against BU? Oh wait. That one.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Since we're not doing anything else right now, what teams would you absolutely love to see play a home on home with PC in the near future?
      For me it's the entirety of the Big Ten (and thank you, Ohio State for actually bothering to pay PC in the past). And UND.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Yeah a Big 10 school not named Ohio State would be a good one. Already seen them, and I'm not really including Notre Dame but may as well. Would like to see an Arizona State, Denver again, RPI even (when's the last time we played them?). Also for a change with the ECAC rotation of Clarkson/Cornell/St.Lawrence/Colgate.
        Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulKorea View Post
          Yeah a Big 10 school not named Ohio State would be a good one. Already seen them, and I'm not really including Notre Dame but may as well. Would like to see an Arizona State, Denver again, RPI even (when's the last time we played them?). Also for a change with the ECAC rotation of Clarkson/Cornell/St.Lawrence/Colgate.
          I'm okay with playing those ECAC schools frequently - plus Bruno -, even if I do enjoy it when PC plays RPI, Dartmouth, Yale, Princeton and QU.
          The weirdest omission is Harvard. PC has played them once since 1984.

It's a bit weird that PC has gone a long time between playing half the current WCHA; both Alaska schools - I think we've only played one of them - , NMU, MTU, Bemidji, and Ferris State.
          Also odd: when is the last time PC played Air Force, Mercyhurst, Canisius, Bentley, or Niagara?

-Blackadder
          -Casablanca
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            I'm okay with playing those ECAC schools frequently - plus Bruno -, even if I do enjoy it when PC plays RPI, Dartmouth, Yale, Princeton and QU.
            The weirdest omission is Harvard. PC has played them once since 1984.

It's a bit weird that PC has gone a long time between playing half the current WCHA; both Alaska schools - I think we've only played one of them - , NMU, MTU, Bemidji, and Ferris State.
            Also odd: when is the last time PC played Air Force, Mercyhurst, Canisius, Bentley, or Niagara?
            A couple notes found on Divver's Twitter:

PC with 10 non-conference games this year: At Colgate, Ice Breaker [vs. Minnesota State, and winner of Duluth/Minnesota] St Lawrence, Denver, Clarkson, at Princeton (2), at Brown, Army [destination unknown]

Also: Caleb Rule and Jerry Harding go into the transfer portal. Probably for the best for them, with the next 2-3 classes incoming and them not contributing much that frees up some room.

Comment

Regarding the schedule: Nate and I discussed this last year on one of the coaches shows. There are a number of challenges in putting the non-conference schedule together.

First of all regarding the Big Ten-many of those schools will only travel and play certain teams in hockey east-example Wisconsin coming to Merrimack (winnable series in their eyes).

The new WCHA spends a majority of their travel budgets on league games, so it is tougher to get them to come east.

PC was slated to play RPI a few years ago but they got a new head coach and cancelled the series. Nate is willing to play anyone but he wants to make sure they will come to PC as well and not every western team is willing to do that. They just added Princeton for the next two years-they haven't played them since 2000.

PC is also slated to play in the new Milwaukee tourney in 2021-22 with Wisconsin and Air Force.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLogan View Post
                Regarding the schedule: Nate and I discussed this last year on one of the coaches shows. There are a number of challenges in putting the non-conference schedule together.

First of all regarding the Big Ten-many of those schools will only travel and play certain teams in hockey east-example Wisconsin coming to Merrimack (winnable series in their eyes).

The new WCHA spends a majority of their travel budgets on league games, so it is tougher to get them to come east.

PC was slated to play RPI a few years ago but they got a new head coach and cancelled the series. Nate is willing to play anyone but he wants to make sure they will come to PC as well and not every western team is willing to do that. They just added Princeton for the next two years-they haven't played them since 2000.

PC is also slated to play in the new Milwaukee tourney in 2021-22 with Wisconsin and Air Force.
                That Wisconsin thing is a little different though IIRC. Merrimack combined with BC in that in a four year deal. Wisconsin came east to play at Merrimack and BC back to back nights in two different years while Merrimack and BC each made one trip to Madison.
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Insightful stuff, Mike, always appreciated getting your input on anything PC hockey related. I think I read last season about how Nate was trying to get other teams to do the home-and-home but had a hard time getting certain schools to do so. From history it seems like Denver has been one of those schools that doesn't mind coming here. While I kinda frowned upon some of the lower-tier schools OOC on this past season's schedule (I guess I can refer to it in past tense now?), it was useful for them to participate in the 2 other tournaments as well, and good to see them be the black sheep in the Minnesota tournament as the lone out of state team.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulKorea View Post
                    Insightful stuff, Mike, always appreciated getting your input on anything PC hockey related. I think I read last season about how Nate was trying to get other teams to do the home-and-home but had a hard time getting certain schools to do so. From history it seems like Denver has been one of those schools that doesn't mind coming here. While I kinda frowned upon some of the lower-tier schools OOC on this past season's schedule (I guess I can refer to it in past tense now?), it was useful for them to participate in the 2 other tournaments as well, and good to see them be the black sheep in the Minnesota tournament as the lone out of state team.
                    The lower tier team that beat PC and finished in the bottom half of Atlantic Hockey? The only other ooc home games were Colgate and Brown. The AIC road game was a good move as they were a veteran team coming off a final eight finish.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLogan View Post

First of all, keep up the good work. I miss hearing your voice.
                      I completely blanked on that tourney with all the chaos going around right now. Very excited that PC is going to be playing 20 minutes from my house.

-Blackadder
                      -Casablanca
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        I worked on a master table that shows when each team played each other last so for PC if you're curious:
                        Alaska - Dec 29 1993
                        Anchorage - Jan 5 1992
                        NMU - Dec 28 1993
                        Michigan Tech - Jan 28 1989
                        Bemidji - never played
                        Ferris state - Jan 29 2000
                        Air Force - Dec 30 2013
                        Mercyhurst - never played
                        Canisius - never played
                        Bentley - never played
                        Niagara - never played
                        Last edited by Liveatjrl; 04-03-2020, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
                          I worked on a master table that shows when each team played each other last so for PC if you're curious:
                          Alaska - Dec 29 1993
                          Anchorage - Jan 5 1992
                          NMU - Dec 28 1993
                          Michigan Tech - Jan 28 1989
                          Bemidji - never played
                          Ferris state - Jan 29 2000
                          Air Force - Dec 30 2013
                          Mercyhurst - never played
                          Canisius - never played
                          Bentley - never played
                          Niagara - never played
                          Should go up to Bentley...great rink!

Comment

Is it time to close this thread and start a 20-21 Rebuilding to the NCAAs...streak is still in tact

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                              Is it time to close this thread and start a 20-21 Rebuilding to the NCAAs...streak is still in tact
                              Do it up so I can talk about how there are a million goalies in the program for next season!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                Do it up so I can talk about how there are a million goalies in the program for next season!
                                Do it’,

Comment

Working...
                                X