Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    Lackey is basically the only person playing well right now. Ugh.
    Except for the PP goal by Merrimack, Lackey was tremendous, would have been over early if it were not for him...

This team is just bad at home....

put a fork in any fourth place finish I would think....maybe better for them to go on the road assuming they even make HE playoffs...

The NCAA string is over unless they somehow make a run in HE tourney...

When we look back losing the 4 guys who would have been seniors put them in a hole to start the season...should have expected it would be a tough year but their play through the 2 tourneys made you think they could do something. Teams now know just shut down Tyce and Jack is enough...

So tomorrow up to the high school rink....would not surprise me if they win tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
      Except for the PP goal by Merrimack, Lackey was tremendous, would have been over early if it were not for him...

This team is just bad at home....

put a fork in any fourth place finish I would think....maybe better for them to go on the road assuming they even make HE playoffs...

The NCAA string is over unless they somehow make a run in HE tourney...

When we look back losing the 4 guys who would have been seniors put them in a hole to start the season...should have expected it would be a tough year but their play through the 2 tourneys made you think they could do something. Teams now know just shut down Tyce and Jack is enough...

So tomorrow up to the high school rink....would not surprise me if they win tomorrow.
      Leaman has lost the team....
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

[quote=73pcfriar;6906646

this team is just bad....
        .[/quote]

fyp.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

UCONN and Lowell come from behind to win their games.

BC crushes NU

Now in 8th spot (NU has the tie breaker over PC for 7th)...teetering on the edge for HE tourney....

the 6 year streak will not see a 7th....

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
            Lackey is basically the only person playing well right now. Ugh.
            So true. Lackey is playing very well considering how poorly the team in front of him is playing.
            Kudos to Merrimack , they played a hockey game like friar teams under Leaman previously did, they were relentless, physical, aggressive and smart.

Comment

• Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
              So true. Lackey is playing very well considering how poorly the team in front of him is playing.
              Kudos to Merrimack , they played a hockey game like friar teams under Leaman previously did, they were relentless, physical, aggressive and smart.
              Merrimack played the perfect road game.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                While PC was disinterested, soft, and made stupid plays.

Comment

I can’t imagine watching this team play next Saturday.
                  Last edited by Jon; 02-22-2020, 08:41 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

And Merrimack pulls the sweep with a 3-2 win as Friars once again give up a lead late in the third period...put a fork in this one and the season....

If it wasn't for Lackey this season would have been done long ago...

Since Las Vegas the Friars have pretty much stunk....

I guess we shouldn't have expected a whole lot this year but man they shouldn't be this bad...

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                      And Merrimack pulls the sweep with a 3-2 win as Friars once again give up a lead late in the third period...put a fork in this one and the season....

I guess we shouldn't have expected a whole lot this year but man they shouldn't be this bad...
                      It’s one thing to struggle, it’s another to have one good games in two months. The 5-1 win at UNH is the only time they showed up for 60 minutes.
                      Last edited by Jon; 02-22-2020, 08:47 PM.

-Blackadder
                      -Casablanca
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        I can’t imagine watching this team play next Saturday.
                        Awful play by the friars in front of their own goal gave Merrimack the winning goal, just horrid.

Comment

I told coach to put me in. I can still touch my toes without throwing out my back.
                          Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post

They had four defensemen back from last year's team in Callahan, Young, Bunz, and Miregas....They should be better back there since you have added Crozier who is at worst a middle of the road Hockey East defenseman. (I think he is better than that).

They also returned junior Greg Printz who was a third line center last year, Dugan who probably should have been HE ROY last season, and Thompson who had a good freshman season. Plus they returned about two lines of third/fourth liners with Vimal, Kavanaugh, Koopman, O'Neill and McDermott. They should have been able to find four more skaters out of the freshmen group to fill those holes but the returnees saw very little uptick in their game besides Dugan, Printz, and Thompson.

There is no excuse for this season besides poor leadership in the locker room. Something is seriously wrong with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post

One would expect this team to get better as the season progressed, but clearly this team has gotten worse and worse. February has been a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                                One would expect this team to get better as the season progressed, but clearly this team has gotten worse and worse. February has been a disaster.
                                I think the worse February in Leaman's tenure here....

Comment

Working...
                                X