Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Well folks, game 1 ends in a tie. Don't think I've ever seen that before. Testa and Murray ended up getting in a fist fight while trying to break apart Vimal and Cotton which led to a double minor against Dugan. I'm still waiting for the box score on that but Dugan was on the bench and Testa was the one who was bleeding. Will have to wait for Divver's update for more.
    Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

Originally posted by paulkorea View Post
      well folks, game 1 ends in a tie. Don't think i've ever seen that before. Testa and murray ended up getting in a fist fight while trying to break apart vimal and cotton which led to a double minor against dugan. I'm still waiting for the box score on that but dugan was on the bench and testa was the one who was bleeding. Will have to wait for divver's update for more.

Comment

Tough getting in-game updates tonight. Saw nothing from Divver on Testa and Murray's fight which led to the double minor for Dugan while he sat on the bench. Probably muttered something about Testa's mother being a horrible cook or something. Not sure. Pretty light crowd tonight and BC escapes with a 2-1 victory. I mean, they escape because refs called off the game with 3:33 left in the 2nd, so it will go in the books as a win. It also happened that Gravallese took a tumble like Sonic the Hedgehog and rolled through the crease wiping out Spencer Knight just two minutes before. The BC student section said some nasty things and then arena-wide chants of "It's all your fault" broke out. Refs dash for the exit, Testa flipped the double bird to Coach Nate and just like that... it was over. No word on Knight's status yet, don't follow BC's Twitter account so someone else is gonna have to update. Such hostility, I don't even know if we get a game three tomorrow or they send out robots to replace the refs. Heard that CBS Sports is offering a free one day trial because NESN was already booked to show the Atlanta Thrashers expansion draft instead of live games tomorrow. I don't understand.

Comment

What a treat to read, brightens the mood at a challenging moment. Glad a PC poster was in attendance, didn’t realize we traveled this well. Per Mark Divver, word is the HEA office may require resumption of game 2 tomorrow so stay tuned.

Comment

I think some ***** was using a cell phone jammer. I saw a lot of ****ed off kids in the crowd long before Gravellese the Hedgehog dove onto the ice. With that being game two I can't imagine they would go to a game 4. Per some guy I never heard of so I didn't link it I understand they're going to use a system similar to soccer and game 3 will decide a winner based on total goals. Thinking Kavanagh picks up a couple and Murray, who has been quiet for the most part, will probably call a few phantom dives for both teams. Enjoy that 7 day trial on CBS while NESN invites Jack Edwards in to do live commentary to a previous event with the Thrashers draft.

Comment

Full house for today's game. Big win for PC, taking the series by goal total winning 6-3. There was a cowbell in the crowd, some kid wearing a half Desharnais jersey (yeah, just a half), a couple Friar students carrying Hawkey and Foley fatheads around with them as well. BC students had period intermission activities as well. Gravallese volunteered unknowingly for bowling for books, where he would be the ball. (think the scene with the midget in Wolf of Wall Street) The two students took home a total of $1,700 that was donated by the other Gaudreau brother. Second period intermission they had a light show where the BC figure skating team all collapsed to the ice as if the lights were actual lightning bolts. Very creative! They even got stretchered away, as some rando BC student told me "It's all part of the show, PK."

So, it's on to the Garden next Friday to play whoever decides to show up.

Comment

What a great recap! Like listening to Bob & Ray in the old days, what an imagination. I am guessing UNH might be the underdog, but in an 8 vs 9 seed final it could go either way. Then on to Detroit where it could be the same two teams for the National title - hope nobody turns pro in the meantime.

Comment

Gabe Mollet-Hill appears to have entered the transfer portal...so looks like Kucharski and the new kid Stauber for next year in goal

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                    Gabe Mollet-Hill appears to have entered the transfer portal...so looks like Kucharski and the new kid Stauber for next year in goal
                    No surprise with the lack of playing time Mullet-Hill has gotten while Kucharski and Stauber both have higher profiles.
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

How's all the fellow Friar fans in this thread doing? Hope everybody is well of late. I've got some time off work so I've been practicing my slap shot. I feel like a kid again with the net set up in the driveway.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulKorea View Post
                        How's all the fellow Friar fans in this thread doing? Hope everybody is well of late. I've got some time off work so I've been practicing my slap shot. I feel like a kid again with the net set up in the driveway.
                        Filled up the glass and ready to watch a certain game from April 2015. Why not?

Comment

Hanging in there in good health so far. Hope good luck likewise for fellow Friar fans. Missed the PK report about the Hockey East tourney but just saw the recap of the great PC comeback against Minnesota State last year in the regionals. Can only assume that we are on to the NCAA’s for lucky seven.

Comment

Originally posted by NEW Friar View Post
                            Hanging in there in good health so far. Hope good luck likewise for fellow Friar fans. Missed the PK report about the Hockey East tourney but just saw the recap of the great PC comeback against Minnesota State last year in the regionals. Can only assume that we are on to the NCAA’s for lucky seven.
                            I thought for sure I posted that one, but it turned out that PC was set to play Maine in the semifinals at TD Garden. I'll have to rewrite it later on but Red forgot that Swayman had signed an NHL contract and they would have to forfeit their victory over PC for playing an ineligible player. PC skates on to the finals (to be updated later since I kinda have all day anyway).

Comment

Divver tweeted former Friar Bailey Conger is transferring again. It took 2 decommittments to get him to PC. 56 more schools to go through.
                              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                                Divver tweeted former Friar Bailey Conger is transferring again. It took 2 decommittments to get him to PC. 56 more schools to go through.
                                If he's into tattoos and got one for every commitment and transfer he probably has a lot of them crossed out too. I thought it was pretty cool we got someone from Idaho but to be out there that close to home and still want to transfer? It's definitely not the coaches or the program that's the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X