Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Ben Mirageas out 4-6 weeks with injured knee happened while playing Football on the beach in Florida on family vacation.

Friars back on the ice tomorrow against Lake Superior at the Catamount tourney.

Wonder if Bunz is finally back. Going to need the young DMen to step up now.

Comment

Friars pull out a 2-1 OT win over Lake Superior on a Greg Printz goal off a rebound of a Dugan shot with 20 seconds to go.

Friars missing 4 starters in this game...big win with Lackey coming up with some key stop in the third and OT period.

Union tomorrow another 4pm start...

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
        Friars pull out a 2-1 OT win over Lake Superior on a Greg Printz goal off a rebound of a Dugan shot with 20 seconds to go.

Friars missing 4 starters in this game...big win with Lackey coming up with some key stop in the third and OT period.

Union tomorrow another 4pm start...
        With the exception of Michael Lackey, not an impressive weekend by the friars, once again the friars do not play well against teams they should beat, and they give up leads in the third period. Leaman cannot be happy.

Comment

Yep, Friars for second day in a row grab a 1-0 lead on the PP in first period but can't get another one with plenty of opportunities. Union scores with just over 5 mins to go in third to tie it up and that's how it ends after OT, 1-1.

Still Friars are 10th in PWR although this tie may drop them a bit.

Friars had Crozier back after missing yesterday being sick. But did not last long as he took a big hit soon after PC went up 1-0, which resulted in a 5 min major misconduct on the Union player and Crozier gone with an injury. Hopefully nothing serious for Crozier.

Friars on the bus back to Providence right after the game. Get ready for trip to Vegas end of week playing Atlantic Hockey leader Army in first game.
          Last edited by 73PCFriar; 12-29-2019, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Yep, Friars for second day in a row grab a 1-0 lead on the PP in first period but can't get another one with plenty of opportunities. Union scores with just over 5 mins to go in third to tie it up and that's how it ends after OT, 1-1.

Still Friars are 10th in PWR although this tie may drop them a bit.

Friars had Crozier back after missing yesterday being sick. But did not last long as he took a big hit soon after PC went up 1-0, which resulted in a 5 min major misconduct on the Union player and Crozier gone with an injury. Hopefully nothing serious for Crozier.

Friars on the bus back to Providence right after the game. Get ready for trip to Vegas end of week playing Atlantic Hockey leader Army in first game.
            Two of the next three games against Atlantic Hockey...need to step it up as they are Holy Cross’s only nonconference win
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              Two of the next three games against Atlantic Hockey...need to step it up as they are Holy Cross’s only nonconference win
              Maybe the experience in playing two overtime grinders in the Vermont tourney will be a positive this weekend in Vegas.

Comment

Fortress Invitational Weekend:

Friars start out with a good Army team who beat UNH at UNH last week. Read about them on CHN, team will not be out worked (would expect that from West Point Cadets). Play a fast game, very good in the PK (although they also take a lot of penalties). 6-1-1 current streak. 13-5-1 overall. Friars need this one to avoid another loss to Atlantic team (and AIC up on Thursday).

Game is streamed on the Flohockey site plus audio on 104.7 or tune-in radio or Friar all access if you have that. Starts at 8pm EST.

O'Neil remains out as well as Mirageas. Crozier, don't know yet if he is going to play. Ford just finished up at the WJC so doubt he gets from Eastern Europe to Las Vegas to play tonight. My guess he'll be back for AIC game. Young guys are going to have to step it up especially against an Army team that plays all 4 lines and does not rely on any one line. PCs 3rd and 4th lines will have to match Army. This is not going to be an easy game. Staying out of the penalty box will be important as it usually is.

Play either Cornell or OSU tomorrow so a chance for some big PWR points this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                  Fortress Invitational Weekend:

Friars start out with a good Army team who beat UNH at UNH last week. Read about them on CHN, team will not be out worked (would expect that from West Point Cadets). Play a fast game, very good in the PK (although they also take a lot of penalties). 6-1-1 current streak. 13-5-1 overall. Friars need this one to avoid another loss to Atlantic team (and AIC up on Thursday).
                  UNH game was at the Point FWIW

Yeah Ford would have a horrible case of jet lag. Last week without top 2 centers offense was really stunted so hopefully with a little more practice they)be adjusted.

Overall i would not say Army takes a lot of penalties. They have less minutes then PC and more importantly 14 less penalties then their opponents. Where it’s an issue is they have taken 6 majors double PC’s total. Which might suggest they do push the envelope physically.
                  Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post

Yeah Ford would have a horrible case of jet lag. Last week without top 2 centers offense was really stunted so hopefully with a little more practice they)be adjusted.

Overall i would not say Army takes a lot of penalties. They have less minutes then PC and more importantly 14 less penalties then their opponents. Where it’s an issue is they have taken 6 majors double PC’s total. Which might suggest they do push the envelope physically.
                    I would expect Army to be physical and disciplined at the same time. I had no idea how good they were this year. Should be a tough game.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post

I got the penalty from story I read, not looking at their actual stats....

Picky picky ... Ok at the Point then for the comeback....

Word on the broadcast is Ford should be in Vegas and could play tomorrow night

Friars win this one 3-1, Dugan with a goal, Johnson and Koopman with the other 2 goals.

Comment

I got the penalty from story I read, not looking at their actual stats....

Picky picky ... Ok at the Point then for the comeback....

Word on the broadcast is Ford should be in Vegas and could play tomorrow night

Friars win this one 3-1, Dugan with a goal, Johnson and Koopman with the other 2 goals.
                        Be nice to get a win over Cornell for PWR...I will take Ohio state for PWR points also
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          Be nice to get a win over Cornell for PWR...I will take Ohio state for PWR points also
                          Army played very well, they are the real deal. Fortunately The friars got a real solid performance from Lackey. Army stifled the friars most of the game. Friars had 15 shots on goal and only 5 of those from the forwards..
                          Will need to play much better to compete with the Big Red tonite.

Comment

Should be even tougher tonight against one of the best teams in the country that REALLY wants to avenge last year and brought a decent contingent of fans with them.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

A rematch of the Providence NCAA Regional final from a year ago. Of course the Friars are not nearly the same team with a lot of fire power having moved on to the Pros. Not sure what Cornell had coming back but guessing from their record and play this year probably most of the team. And they whacked a good OSU team last night.

PC did not generate a whole lot of offense last night but they played good defense and Lackey came up with big saves when called upon. Probably the same going to be needed tonight. Would be good to have Ford back on the top line, move Tyce back to second line as well as Needham to try to get more offense.

Game is 8:30 EST start according to the announcers last night, same time as the Pats....

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                                A rematch of the Providence NCAA Regional final from a year ago. Of course the Friars are not nearly the same team with a lot of fire power having moved on to the Pros. Not sure what Cornell had coming back but guessing from their record and play this year probably most of the team. And they whacked a good OSU team last night.

PC did not generate a whole lot of offense last night but they played good defense and Lackey came up with big saves when called upon. Probably the same going to be needed tonight. Would be good to have Ford back on the top line, move Tyce back to second line as well as Needham to try to get more offense.

Game is 8:30 EST start according to the announcers last night, same time as the Pats....

From what I can they play 6 freshmen regularly with another for one reason or another getting to dress in over half their games. 7 of top 9 scorers are returnees including top 5. They still have same goalie and he’s played every minute.
                                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Working...
                                X