Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    This is the WORST finish in the standings during Leaman's tenure at PC including his first year. Embarrassing for a team selected to finish in third place.
    Give me a break...disappointing maybe, embarrassing not even close....what made coaches pick them 3rd anyway, not like they had a lot of their talent from year before returning. Thinking they were more middle of the pack and the balance in this league meant a couple losses here or there meant a lot in place ended up.

Comment

Friday’s game will only be opened to credential staff and family members.

Go Friars

https://twitter.com/friarshockey/sta...377083392?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
        Give me a break...disappointing maybe, embarrassing not even close....what made coaches pick them 3rd anyway, not like they had a lot of their talent from year before returning. Thinking they were more middle of the pack and the balance in this league meant a couple losses here or there meant a lot in place ended up.
        They returned four starting defensemen (Callahan, Young, Bunz, and Miregas) from last season and a fifth year senior goalie. They also brought back two good freshmen in Dugan and Thompson which were far from a problem this year with Printz, Matt Koopman, Kavanaugh, Vimal, O'Neil, and McDermott who all played a ton in 2018-2019. Ford wasn't an issue as a freshman either as he played top line minutes.

They were not as young as Nate makes it out to be but the lack of TALENT on the team goes right to the coaching staff either not recruiting good enough or not getting enough out of the group.

I do find it funny that the vast majority of seniors on defense under Leaman have had disappointing seasons from Harvey to Hart to Young.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          I do find it funny that the vast majority of seniors on defense under Leaman have had disappointing seasons from Harvey to Hart to Young.
          Snowshoes Harvey was recruited by Army and although he was not my favorite player (read one of my least favorites) he had his two best years under Leaman by a long shot!

We get it, you hate Leaman. You're also not a PC fan. It must suck for you that no one supports your premise on 90% of the stuff you spew.

Comment

When I see a Zlax post after midnight I always expect some irrational screed and inappropriate criticism of players or coaches so last night was no exception.
            The thing I never see included is a compliment about how much a player has improved or how wrong he was about prior observations, (thinking about the so called “traffic cone” who had a very strong senior season last year). Silence is as close as it gets to a compliment from Zlax.

The proof is in the pudding as far as Coach Leaman’s overall player development record and the benefit of staying to graduation. For example, all five of the former Friars on current NHL rosters stayed to graduation, while so far none of the players that left early since Nate has been involved are on the big clubs. The four players that left after their junior season last year might prove the exception to that in the future, for their sake I hope so, but having four of your best players leave early is a big setback. Can you imagine how good this years’ team would be with Bryson, Bjorkqvist, Duhaime and Wilkins in the line-up.

I suspect that the voters involved in the preseason media and coach’s prognostications based their placement for Providence on the coach pulling this off somehow despite the early departures. There was a razor thin margin for error in the league this year so had PC swept Merrimack at the end of the season, as most thought would happen, they would indeed be hosting a quarterfinal and those polls would have had it pretty much pegged. You never know due to confidentiality about these things, but it could be a flu bug going through the locker room at the wrong time played a role in the finish.
            But overall after six straight NCAA appearances, a National Championship in 2015 and another Frozen Four last year, coach Leaman has proven to be the best coach in PC history. Here are some other stats that show why;
            Army Pooley McShane Lamoriello Leaman
            Average Win % 38.1% 50.9% 49.7% 57.8% 61.3%
            Avg after 2yrs 36.2% 48.3% 54.7% 59.8% 65.3%

Comment

We probably give Z far more attention than he gets at home which is sad. I would hope people around him would treat him better so he doesn't have to regurgitate the same four ideas he comes here for to get some satisfaction in knowing he's not invisible.
              Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulKorea View Post
                We probably give Z far more attention than he gets at home which is sad. I would hope people around him would treat him better so he doesn't have to regurgitate the same four ideas he comes here for to get some satisfaction in knowing he's not invisible.
                I should put him back on my block list (which on this site has only been one person....you can guess who)

OH and the NCAA run has not ended with the cancellation of this year's tourney keeping the streak alive into next year.....

Comment

I should put him back on my block list (which on this site has only been one person....you can guess who)

OH and the NCAA run has not ended with the cancellation of this year's tourney keeping the streak alive into next year.....
                  Very true! The streak is still alive.

Comment

Originally posted by 73pcfriar View Post
                    i should put him back on my block list (which on this site has only been one person....you can guess who)

Oh and the ncaa run has not ended with the cancellation of this year's tourney keeping the streak alive into next year.....
                    pc91?
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                      pc91?
                      No freshie. I'm on people's nice list. I think I'm cool with everyone but you.

Comment

So with championship cancelled the second longest appearance string remains in tact, right?

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                          pc91?
                          No, the "Z" man

Comment

No, the "Z" man
                            Oh, you mean Ex-zlax!
                            Last edited by theprofromdover; 03-13-2020, 02:06 PM.
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Ice View Post
                              So with championship cancelled the second longest appearance string remains in tact, right?
                              The scene from "the Simpsons" where Homer hears "default" and dances around by himself is now in my head. "De fault! De fault!"

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Surprised not a lot more people on here talking about the game. Pretty physical play through the first two periods. PC with 46 shots recorded and BC with 29 so far. These are the kind of numbers you only expect to see at Schneider. With a tie game the 3rd period minutes away, this is definitely going to be something to want to tune in for. Hope y'all got some good seats there tonight, those who went anyway. A little premature celebrating going on by the opposing team every time someone gets whistled for a penalty, you'd think with all the celly's going on that there were 8 goals scored, but that's not the case. Knight and Lackey both playing tremendous. You'd think they're breakdancing out there with all the saves made so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X