Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    I’ve been shaking my head at their shot count for years. They also undercount visitors shots.
    I recognize this has been an issue since Leaman has come on board....I don't remember the numbers being as crazy before Leaman's days
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

I expected a split. That second period was a disaster.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        I recognize this has been an issue since Leaman has come on board....I don't remember the numbers being as crazy before Leaman's days
        I do.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
          I do.
          Ditto.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
            I do.
            The SID for the program has changed a couple of times...I wonder if the nightly stat crew has changed over at all.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              The SID for the program has changed a couple of times...I wonder if the nightly stat crew has changed over at all.
              It's worth looking into. Accurate shot totals are in everyone's best interest.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

UCONN Huskie weekend: Friday in Hartford Saturday at Schneider

UCONN coming off a 3pt weekend against UML should be coming in with lots of confidence. Understand they have a few Euro players including the Russian kid that's supposed to be real good. Don't know much else about them.

Friars coming off a stinker 5-3 (ok 7-3 but last 2 were open netters) loss to the other Huskies...got to believe Nate has them refocused for this weekend. Really could use the sweep in this match up.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post

UCONN coming off a 3pt weekend against UML should be coming in with lots of confidence. Understand they have a few Euro players including the Russian kid that's supposed to be real good. Don't know much else about them.

Friars coming off a stinker 5-3 (ok 7-3 but last 2 were open netters) loss to the other Huskies...got to believe Nate has them refocused for this weekend. Really could use the sweep in this match up.
                  We've had some exasperating results against UCONN sandwiched between some very emphatic wins. We need to get out quickly and keep them down. They can't give up leads and watch the Ice Bus park the... Ice Bus.

-Blackadder
                  -Casablanca
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    We've had some exasperating results against UCONN sandwiched between some very emphatic wins. We need to get out quickly and keep them down. They can't give up leads and watch the Ice Bus park the... Ice Bus.
                    Down 2-1 after one and killing a penalty. Less than ideal.

-Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Down 2-1 after one and killing a penalty. Less than ideal.
                      Up 3-2 after two. Better second period!

-Blackadder
                      -Casablanca
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Up 3-2 after two. Better second period!
                        Headed to OT. PC has had one power play. Bad penalty at the end of the third.

-Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Headed to OT. PC has had one power play. Bad penalty at the end of the third.
                          3-3 tie

-Blackadder
                          -Casablanca
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

3-3 tie
                            Some real good saves by both Goalies in crunch time, hope the friars can stay out of the box and slow down Turnbill tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post

Nate wasn’t able to focus them on Friday at all based on the terrible penalty a senior took with five seconds left in regulation and the NCAA leading scorer getting a ten minute misconduct also with five seconds left. Nate needs to start sitting guys when they are playing “stupid” hockey or this is going to continue to go on. Tell me why Kav is even in the lineup?

He has 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 points, and a minus 8. Can’t get much worse than that
                              Last edited by The Zlax45; 11-23-2019, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                                Some real good saves by both Goalies in crunch time, hope the friars can stay out of the box and slow down Turnbill tomorrow.
                                Between Albie O’Connell’s outburst and Mark Divver’s comment on Twitter last night, I get the impression that the standard of officiating this year in Hockey East might be an issue.

PC had 2 power plays last night, not one. They did everything but score in the last 20 minutes of that game.

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X