Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Pooley’s squad never finished in eighth place in his tenure...think about that!
    You're not good at interpreting stats, huh? No Pooley never finished 8th. He finished 7th out of 9 three times!!! Leaman in his worse campaign as head coach at PC finished 8th out of 11 teams which is better than 7th out of 9 anytime. Leaman also has been to two Frozen Fours and won a National Championship.

Pooley finished in 7th place 3 times and his best finish was tied for 2nd in HE. He did that once. The rest of the time it was no better than 4th, 5th or 6th.

You've been going to PC games since the 80's but were dumb enough to bring up Pooley/ Leaman comparisons? No contest there.

Comment

"Finishing 8th" isn't even telling the full story either. PC is #22 in the PWR a year after losing a ton of talent. Might be disappointing for you guys but it hasn't been a bad year. 16-12-6. Could be a lot worse. Zlax needs it beaten into his brain what Leaman has accomplished compared to Pooley and Army. He seems to think that PC should be a perennial powerhouse. Lofty expectations that don't fit the program's history. It is not a slam dunk, easy place to win at. You should be thankful Leaman hasn't left for another gig yet.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        "Finishing 8th" isn't even telling the full story either. PC is #22 in the PWR a year after losing a ton of talent. Might be disappointing for you guys but it hasn't been a bad year. 16-12-6. Could be a lot worse. Zlax needs it beaten into his brain what Leaman has accomplished compared to Pooley and Army. He seems to think that PC should be a perennial powerhouse. Lofty expectations that don't fit the program's history. It is not a slam dunk, easy place to win at. You should be thankful Leaman hasn't left for another gig yet.
        Zlax is a UNH fan that somehow PC inherited on the board. I assume he lives closer to RI than Durham so we get him by default. He only speaks for himself. I think Leaman stole his girl back in the day because he seems to have it out bad for Nate. When Nate jumps to the NHL Zlax will be the happiest poster on the boards. I'm hoping UNH makes some noise so he goes back to his bread and butter.

Comment

I really miss Hokydad. I wish he'd come back.

There, I said it.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Like the thread says "rebuilding the Friars". This is about the year I expected them to have with so many new players. Hell, even North Dakota had a couple "down years" in recent years but I'm sure their fans weren't acting like the program was dead. Z is like that family member that everybody laughs about because they act like a moron.
            Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

That is very very true.
              We're playing catch up with programs in our own conference who won a non-conference game in 2 years (BC) and had had the worst National Championship meltdown in 2015 since Miami in 2009 (BU). Bad things happen to better programs than PC. There's a team in driving distance to Milwaukee with 6 national titles and an insane amount of NHL draft picks that was bludgeoned into oblivion by Ohio State.
              Last edited by Jon; 03-09-2020, 04:42 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

And Coach Nate will be leading the 2021 USA WJC team.... so..... there's either a whole bunch of idiots out there, or one in this thread....
                Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

Thats pretty cool for you guys....Leaman coaching the youngstahs. He's a keeper.
                  I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Zlax just bought a Russia jersey

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                      Thats pretty cool for you guys....Leaman coaching the youngstahs. He's a keeper.
                      If PC can keep him. I have no doubt that he'll be approached about an NHL job again in the near future. Hopefully he stays.

Comment

Zlax just bought a Russia jersey
                        Well played!
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          I really miss Hokydad. I wish he'd come back.

There, I said it.
                          Bold! But he was done when Vecchione graduated. A one trick pony.
                          Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

There's a really good reason why Hoky isn't around any more and because of that, I"m not going to make fun on him right now.
                            But "area clown" is on the Mount Rushmore of weird USCHO insults with "desevrings", "St, Clooud", "Darmouth" and whatever silliness was going on with Ferris State and the Dumby Barn.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              There's a really good reason why Hoky isn't around any more and because of that, I"m not going to make fun on him right now.
                              Absolutely. The guy was a USCHO legend as far as I'm concerned. I still wish he’d come back though.
                              Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 03-10-2020, 04:23 PM.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                                So true. Maine should schedule PC for while he's gone or right after he gets back. Maybe we'd have a chance against you guys!
                                bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Working...
                                X