Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Atlantic Hockey teams no longer doormats; they are for real. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      PC won the exhibition game. Hooray.
      A good hard checking game...PC put out their B+ lineup as Young didn't play and didn't seem like Dugan had a ton of shifts while both backups played in goal. The USNTP can really skate but they didn't have that OUTSTANDING guy like Matthews or Eichel in the past but a plenty of SOLID all-around players. I would rather play the USA team every year over those Canadian squads.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Last night's game was fun. Pressure-free, just hoping nobody gets injured, and get to watch a couple future Friars as well (Yoder, Berard). Nice to see goalies 2 and 3 getting in some time. Really curious what they got in Kucharski and wonder whether Lackey will play Hawkey-like minutes through the season or see what the other 2 guys got (sorry, Scannell). Nice to see some of the other freshmen getting onto the ice last night. No Nilsson in 2 straight games. Ineffective, or hurt?

Comment

• Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
          Last night's game was fun. Pressure-free, just hoping nobody gets injured, and get to watch a couple future Friars as well (Yoder, Berard). Nice to see goalies 2 and 3 getting in some time. Really curious what they got in Kucharski and wonder whether Lackey will play Hawkey-like minutes through the season or see what the other 2 guys got (sorry, Scannell). Nice to see some of the other freshmen getting onto the ice last night. No Nilsson in 2 straight games. Ineffective, or hurt?

Hurt. Described by Divver as lower body
          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

I really really want to see them win at Clarkson. This might not be the year.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
              Nate has ridden one goalie his entire career except for one season at Union when they split the duties. So I would expect more of Lackey (wasn't anywhere near fault for that Holy Cross disaster).

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                PC won the exhibition game. Hooray.
                In turn Development team traveled yesterday evening to Worcester, defeated Holy Cross with Brett Berard getting 2 goals including winner
                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  Nate has ridden one goalie his entire career except for one season at Union when they split the duties. So I would expect more of Lackey (wasn't anywhere near fault for that Holy Cross disaster).
                  Lackey was solid , but was left helpless on all 3 goals by the friars defense.

Comment

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                    Agree

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                      In turn Development team traveled yesterday evening to Worcester, defeated Holy Cross with Brett Berard getting 2 goals including winner
                      I saw the second goal/game winner by Berard and he deked that goalie out of his jockstrap!

Comment

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                        Two break-aways and a really unlucky bounce to a wide open shooter.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Friars heading to the north lands of NY this weekend, always a tough trip. St. Lawrence game will not be in the SLU home rink as that is still having renovations completed. Maybe helpful.

Clarkson never been a great place for the Friars.

First road challenge of the year for the new guys. At least Lackey has experience playing against these teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                            Friars heading to the north lands of NY this weekend, always a tough trip. St. Lawrence game will not be in the SLU home rink as that is still having renovations completed. Maybe helpful.

Clarkson never been a great place for the Friars.

First road challenge of the year for the new guys. At least Lackey has experience playing against these teams.
                            1 down. Clarkson beat UVM 3-2

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

6-0 win. 3 Frosh score goals with Parker Ford scoring twice. Thompson and Dugan with goal and 2 assists each. Lackey with his second shutout in 3 games.

Competition gets tougher tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                                6-0 win. 3 Frosh score goals with Parker Ford scoring twice. Thompson and Dugan with goal and 2 assists each. Lackey with his second shutout in 3 games.

Competition gets tougher tonight.
                                Leaman made quite a change with D for this game, 3 freshmen and a sophomore who never plays, Buntz and Spence sat out. Interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X