Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
    My swishy pants were comfortable! Back in the day being comfortable was the best part of watching 100 shots on shin and dump and chase.
    I think it was the Freds who called it "Dump and Watch" or "Dump and Suck". Both were appropriate.

And that was when Fregoe, Rask, and Disalvatore were on the team. Cripes.
    Last edited by Jon; 03-06-2020, 05:03 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Swayman Swaymanning effectively. 0-0 after 2

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

He is killing the Friars tonight with some point blank stops....Fossier scores at 9:21 to give Maine the lead and possibly the game

Comment

Maine scores on a 4 on 4 situation and Swayman closes the door with 48 saves...final 1-0

So depending on NU/BU game tomorrow, Friars will either be heading to Newton or Amherst next week...

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
            Maine scores on a 4 on 4 situation and Swayman closes the door with 48 saves...final 1-0

So depending on NU/BU game tomorrow, Friars will either be heading to Newton or Amherst next week...
            Friars were dominate, but Swayman just impregnable.
            If friars play like this next week, might be fun. due for some puck luck.

Comment

It's 8th place, heading to Newton next week

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                It's 8th place, heading to Newton next week
                This is the WORST finish in the standings during Leaman's tenure at PC including his first year. Embarrassing for a team selected to finish in third place.
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  This is the WORST finish in the standings during Leaman's tenure at PC including his first year. Embarrassing for a team selected to finish in third place.
                  But not as bad a finish as your irrelevant UNH Wildcats. They've enjoyed another season for no reason again this year. Wish they'd get good again so you'd jump back on their bandwagon.

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                    But not as bad a finish as your irrelevant UNH Wildcats. They've enjoyed another season for no reason again this year. Wish they'd get good again so you'd jump back on their bandwagon.
                    No clue what you are talking about...been going to PC games since the late 80’s...the truth is Leaman should be criticized as this is his worst season at PC when selected to finish in third place while having two of the top three point leaders in the conference. If Pooley did this, you guys would be crushing him but Leaman gets a pass? How long is that pass good for?

Comment

PC lost a lot of talent from last year. I'd say there is a pass for that regardless of where they were picked.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                        That’s UHN.
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          No clue what you are talking about...been going to PC games since the late 80’s...the truth is Leaman should be criticized as this is his worst season at PC when selected to finish in third place while having two of the top three point leaders in the conference. If Pooley did this, you guys would be crushing him but Leaman gets a pass? How long is that pass good for?
                          He's gotten his team to the Frozen Four twice in the past few years and won a National Championship.
                          I know you're pretending you didn't go to UNH, believe me I would too if I were you, but the program has done very well during Leaman's tenure and comparing Pooley to Leaman is laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            When did Pooley win the NC? 2 Frozen Fours in 5 years? Seriously?
                            Providence College
                            National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Netman View Post
                              We killed Pooley over his squads underachieving...but we don’t kill Leaman for doing the same? Every season is new but Leaman deserves to be criticized over a team picked to finish third in the conference finishing eighth. They were a .500 team at home this year and played subpar hockey.

What was the reason for this? Bad leadership behind the bench? Bad leadership in the locker room? They never dealt with major injuries to the top line all season, etc...

Don’t hold Leaman to a different standard for his past seasons when this season was a disaster while having two of the top point scorers in the country this year? How is it going to get better next season? It isn’t as this is a program that is five years out of a national championship and the talent has regressed since that one class.

He is losing players nearly every year now that transfer out which shows me that the recruiting hasn’t been strong at identifying players they want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Netman View Post
                                Pooley’s squad never finished in eighth place in his tenure...think about that!

Comment

Working...
                                X