Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    I think they have to sweep Merrimack and UVM and at least split with Maine then get to the Garden to make the NCAA tourney.
    And not implode in the Hockey East tourney.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Looks like Vimal was one of the changes tonight. Engelbert, Kavanaugh, McDermott on 4th line

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
        Looks like Vimal was one of the changes tonight. Engelbert, Kavanaugh, McDermott on 4th line
        Grinder, Both goalie, Lekkas and Lackey on their game, Friars having problems with faceoffs and offsides.

Comment

• Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
          Grinder, Both goalie, Lekkas and Lackey on their game, Friars having problems with faceoffs and offsides.
          Friars played well except for the face off circle
          Lackey and Lekkas just superb in goal.
          at least the friars got a point, first one this month.

Comment

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
            Friars have a penchant for giving up the puck in their own zone. UVM missing numerous good chances.

Final 1-1, almost as bad a a loss for PC.

Nielson hurt in first period never returned so Nate had to do a lot of line switching of the top guys in this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
              Friars have a penchant for giving up the puck in their own zone. UVM missing numerous good chances.

Final 1-1, almost as bad a a loss for PC.

Nielson hurt in first period never returned so Nate had to do a lot of line switching of the top guys in this one.
              Friars in danger of being shot out of Hockey East playoffs.
              Need a W tomorrow big time.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                Wonder what Kavanaugh and McDermott have on Leaman for dirt? They both don't do ANYTHING for this team.

UPDATE...Kavanaugh is 25 years old and has eight goals in 124 games played! GEEZ!
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

5 games to go...if season ended today Friars would not be in HE tourney...

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    Wonder what Kavanaugh and McDermott have on Leaman for dirt? They both don't do ANYTHING for this team.

UPDATE...Kavanaugh is 25 years old and has eight goals in 124 games played! GEEZ!
                    We've been over this before Z. He obviously got a hold of your game tapes and wanted to be like you.
                    Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

PC up 3-1 in the third. A lot of penalties in this game.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        PC up 3-1 in the third. A lot of penalties in this game.
                        3-2 final. That was an adventure

-Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          3-2 final. That was an adventure
                          Another grinder, but finally a W. Boy,nothing is easy. Obviously Vermont
                          Played very well this weekend. Kudos to them. Friars Stelio making critical mistakes, and very inconsistent from shift to shift.

Comment

• Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                            Another grinder, but finally a W. Boy,nothing is easy. Obviously Vermont
                            Played very well this weekend. Kudos to them. Friars Stelio making critical mistakes, and very inconsistent from shift to shift.
                            We’re 2 points out of ninth and 3 points out of first. That is nuts.

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

At least they got one win as losing a game would have been catastrophic but it still feels like a bad result this weekend. I know that Lekkas is a great goalie but it was UVM and they needed a sweep of the weekend.
                              Thanks to all who chimed in last week to give their two cents on my question. Much appreciated and I hope you're all doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                                At least they got one win as losing a game would have been catastrophic but it still feels like a bad result this weekend. I know that Lekkas is a great goalie but it was UVM and they needed a sweep of the weekend.
                                Thanks to all who chimed in last week to give their two cents on my question. Much appreciated and I hope you're all doing well.
                                Friars had problems with the faceoffs, Friday was bad, Saturday a bit better.
                                PowerPlay has become somewhat stagnant even with the top pairing. (second team has been great all year)
                                UVM poured on a lot of shots especially Saturday in the third.

So now we get Merrimack a team you never know what going to get from them but they always seem to play PC tough....

Friday home game going to honor Fr. Shanley pre-game, something Nate wanted to do as Shanley ends his tenure.

Comment

Working...
                                X