No announcement yet.

RPI Recruit Thread 2018-19 (Part III)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2018-19 (Part III)

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    It's not a complete answer but both Calveruso and Mahshie follow coach Smith on Twitter. Mahshie also follows Jewell. FWIW, Calveruso also follows Noah Segall. Weber apparently doesn't have a Twitter account. Also Helsen apparently doesn't have one.
    Helsen has a twitter account. https://***********/louiehelsen
    He follows Coach Smith and a couple of players it looks like

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
      Helsen has a twitter account. https://***********/louiehelsen
      He follows Coach Smith and a couple of players it looks like
      I had that on my Favorites lists but it didn't show up because it was Louie.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I also agree with RPI22Parent that Smith is the one that counts by far the most, not an AC who may have made the early contact.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

“I believe RPI will give me the best opportunity, athletically and academically,” Calvaruso said. “I enjoyed my visit, and I know this will be the best fit for me.”
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It's dumb. Mitton knew RPI.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-19-2019, 11:53 AM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Things are changing rather rapidly around here. i might actually have to check the thread more often!
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Things are changing rather rapidly around here. i might actually have to check the thread more often!
                Until they show up, it doesn't matter,
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Until they show up, it doesn't matter,
                  Not true. Once they show up, they would not be listed by you on this thread in your little tables. This year so far must be a lot more work for you constantly adding and subtracting names and statistics. I cannot recall a revolving door atmosphere like this in my entire time of following this program.

Comment

Not true. Once they show up, they would not be listed by you on this thread in your little tables. This year so far must be a lot more work for you constantly adding and subtracting names and statistics. I cannot recall a revolving door atmosphere like this in my entire time of following this program.
                    Maybe it's always happened, but people in the Information Age are a little more forthcoming in their verbal commitments.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Maybe it's always happened, but people in the Information Age are a little more forthcoming in their verbal commitments.
                      It used to be that other teams did not tamper with verbal commitments.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Dude: Over the many years I recall losing several players and recruits. But they were rare enough that we could discuss them for a period of time without hearing about a second or third or fourth. i suppose it is a sign of the times and perhaps many other programs are seeing it also. i would especially understand if a great sum of money was being thrown at someone to turn professional a year or two early. Those types of chances do not always come about and any sort of injury could end a career before ever getting to play again .

Comment

Dude: Over the many years I recall losing several players and recruits. But they were rare enough that we could discuss them for a period of time without hearing about a second or third or fourth. i suppose it is a sign of the times and perhaps many other programs are seeing it also. i would especially understand if a great sum of money was being thrown at someone to turn professional a year or two early. Those types of chances do not always come about and any sort of injury could end a career before ever getting to play again .
                          In the good ole days teams aren’t recruiting and getting “commitments” from 15 and 16 year olds. It’s gotten pretty absurd and a significant percentage either change their minds or the school does when the kid fails to develop as expected. Combine that with the reduced amount of respect given for another school’s commits - many (most?, all?) schools will still recruit a commit if they decide they want him after all. The result is a pretty ethics-less system where no one really seems to mean what they say (on both sides). We should know better than to get wrapped up in each twist and turn but we can’t help it, we’re fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                            In the good ole days teams aren’t recruiting and getting “commitments” from 15 and 16 year olds. It’s gotten pretty absurd and a significant percentage either change their minds or the school does when the kid fails to develop as expected. Combine that with the reduced amount of respect given for another school’s commits - many (most?, all?) schools will still recruit a commit if they decide they want him after all. The result is a pretty ethics-less system where no one really seems to mean what they say (on both sides). We should know better than to get wrapped up in each twist and turn but we can’t help it, we’re fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Just in case you did not see it, the rule about rercuiting has been slightly changed. https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ng-Changes.php
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-19-2019, 10:02 PM.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Friday, the Amarillo Bulls defeated the Corpus Christi IceRays 5-2. The best-of-5 playoffs series is tied 2-2. Louis Helsen had an assist on an ENG. http://nahl.com/game-center/#/game-summary/25625

Helsen's playoff line is now 4-0-1-1-0.
                              His total is 63-4-18-21-20.
                              change https to http
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Just in case you did not see it, the rule about rercuiting has been slightly changed. https://collegehockeyinc.com/article...recruiting.php
                                If only the link weren't broken...

Comment

Working...
                                X