No announcement yet.

RPI Recruit Thread 2018-19 (Part III)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2018-19 (Part III)

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    BTW, the USHL draft will be on Monday (5/6) and Tuesday (5/7).

Phase I on Monday evening is for 2003-born players only. Xander Babich is the only known RPI recruit eligible and is expected to be selected. It will be reported at https://ushl1.rinknetcloud.com/.

Phase II on Tuesday, starting in the morning, is for anyone who is not a returning player (e.g., Sarlo) or already a protected player (e.g., Itagaki). I expect several recruits to be taken. It will be reported at https://ushl2.rinknetcloud.com/.

I will report on RPI recruits taken, although I may not do it live.
    The Phase I draft starts at 6 PM CDT. I will post if Babich is selected in the early morning.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-06-2019, 05:43 PM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

According to posts on this thread http://finishyourcheck.com/topic/129...rk-cup-finals/ on Finish Your Check. Calvaruso has been ready to play for about a week, but Sioux Falls is sticking with Stauber, the hot goalie. They are not dressing Calvaruso so that Stauber isn't looking over his shoulder. It seems to be working.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Babich goes in the 7th Rd. #95 to Omaha.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Xander Babich was drafted #95 in the 7th round by Omaha.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-06-2019, 09:15 PM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I missed this. Babiich recently was at the USHL '03 combine.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't expect Babich to make Omaha's final 2019-20 roster. However, hopefully he will be on their protected list and perhaps play a couple of games for them as Itagaki did with Lincoln this season. It Babich is good enough to play in the USHL all season as a 16-year old, we will probably lose him.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

BTW, the USHL draft will be on Monday (5/6) and Tuesday (5/7).

Phase I on Monday evening is for 2003-born players only. Xander Babich is the only known RPI recruit eligible and is expected to be selected. It will be reported at https://ushl1.rinknetcloud.com/.

Phase II on Tuesday, starting in the morning, is for anyone who is not a returning player (e.g., Sarlo) or already a protected player (e.g., Itagaki). I expect several recruits to be taken. It will be reported at https://ushl2.rinknetcloud.com/.

I will report on RPI recruits taken, although I may not do it live.
                    Phase-II starts at 10 AM CDT (11 AM EDT). I expected to miss most of the first hour while being out for lunch, but I will post any RPI recruits taken.
                    Edit: Back from lunch.
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-07-2019, 10:31 AM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

We have 21 recruits currently. Nine were in the USHL and either will be in Troy or are still on rosters. Itagaki and now Babich are also property of teams. Babichuk, Helsen, and Mahshie are expected in Troy. That leaves 7 who could be drafted -- Miller, Davies, Leibold, Beaton, Fawkes, McDonald, and Brackett. Any of them could be drafted, and hopefully most will be. Personally I would be shocked if Miller were drafted because he did not perform that well when there before. I guess that someone could take a flyer on Mahshie since he does still have a year of eligibility and could leave RPI, but it seems unlikely.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

John Beaton was drafted in the 4th round #54 by Youngstown.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

John Beaton was drafted in the 4th round #54 by Youngstown.
                          Beaton is one of the recruits I most want to see move up to the USHL. CCHL is okay but nothing special, and he could use some better competition. Same thing with Fawkes and the MJHL. Obviously, it would be positive for any recruit to move up to the USHL though.

You also mentioned being concerned about losing players if they play well (like Babich making the roster for Omaha), but if the team wins like it's expected to next season, we should be able to keep them

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                            Beaton is one of the recruits I most want to see move up to the USHL. CCHL is okay but nothing special, and he could use some better competition. Same thing with Fawkes and the MJHL. Obviously, it would be positive for any recruit to move up to the USHL though.

You also mentioned being concerned about losing players if they play well (like Babich making the roster for Omaha), but if the team wins like it's expected to next season, we should be able to keep them
                            I agree that if the team wins, they won't leave, but I am a pessimist.

Edit: I agree about Fawkes and add McDonald. He was way above the competition at his HS, and little is known about his play for the Rochester Coalition.

Edit2: I'll be back later to add any additional draftees.
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-07-2019, 01:49 PM.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Brett Miller was drafted in the 14th round #206 by Fargo.

That shows how poorly I can predict. (see post #130.)

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-07-2019, 03:17 PM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Brett Miller was drafted in the 14th round #206 by Fargo.

That shows how poorly I can predict. (see post #130.)
                                Ralph, who'd ya bet on in the Derby? 😝
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X