No announcement yet.

Notre Dame Cathedral is burning down...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Notre Dame Cathedral is burning down...

Imagine being hired to renovate an 800+ year old cathedral and burning it down instead.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      Imagine being hired to renovate an 800+ year old cathedral and burning it down instead.
      Someone needed a Snickers....

Usually lazy accidents like this happen on the last day of work for the week.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Hey Flaggy:

Comment

This sucks

I do find it ironic however that the building survives ~600 years being lit by candle light, but then burns down in modern times... Truly a loss... I'm amazed that a structure of that size/scope was built in the 1200's...
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Reports are the emergency call said the fire started in the attic...
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Quality shade

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                It's the French. They'd aim for Notre Dame and hit the Arc de Triomphe.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Looks like French official Philippe Karsenty and Catholic League president Bill Donahue are also questioning the official narrative. Don't worry to those who are complaining about someone questioning it: They were cut off on, of all places, Fox Snooze.

https://www.newswars.com/shep-smith-...ame-cathedral/
                  Honey, stop staying stupid **** like this.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    It's the French. They'd aim for Notre Dame and hit the Arc de Triomphe.
                    The irony of you telling Flaggy to stop.

Stop it- a world icon has burned down.

Comment

Thanks keep for the map link. And Joe, I only have BBC in SD but was able to catch a few minutes.

But, the Beeb says that the know that they were able to save the walls for now, which is great news considering the support timbers were stabilized by the famous roof design.

Also, theres just something about learning to just shut up and let the news show itself like the BBC did that we could use in our media. Less talking heads talking for the sake of talking.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        Thanks keep for the map link. And Joe, I only have BBC in SD but was able to catch a few minutes.

But, the Beeb says that the know that they were able to save the walls for now, which is great news considering the support timbers were stabilized by the famous roof design.

Also, theres just something about learning to just shut up and let the news show itself like the BBC did that we could use in our media. Less talking heads talking for the sake of talking.
                        A picture says 1000 words....
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post

This does give some optimism that it can be rebuilt. I would not call it restored. And seeing how long other churches have taken to be built, unless multiple billions are raised, this is going to take decades to rebuild.

Comment

Didn’t cologne have to rebuild the catherdral after the war?

Comment

No one's going to complain about introducing politics and racism into a thread about a tragedy? Guess that only applies to sports.

When my mother told me the news that "Notre Dame is on fire" I wondered why a blaze in South Bend was national news. Oh...THAT Notre Dame...

I'm watching the live news feed from France 24 and I've rarely heard so much grief and sadness in the reporter's voices. They usually suppress those emotions but not tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                No one's going to complain about introducing politics and racism into a thread about a tragedy? Guess that only applies to sports.

When my mother told me the news that "Notre Dame is on fire" I wondered why a blaze in South Bend was national news. Oh...THAT Notre Dame...

I'm watching the live news feed from France 24 and I've rarely heard so much grief and sadness in the reporter's voices. They usually suppress those emotions but not tonight.
                                Do you blame them for being sad? Notre Dame is, by street coordination, the center of the city.

Comment

Working...
                                X