Headline News Thread II: Meanwhile...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    fwiw I don't think she really needed to be "corrected" and I was more pointing our your Clem Haskinsesque vernacular.
    I’m a woman, someone’s gotta correct me!

Comment

Re: Headline News Thread II: Meanwhile...

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      That one can stand w/out correction

Comment

Wrong thread. D/s is down the hall to the right.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You shouldn't be speaking to begin with. Mind your role, woman.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            You shouldn't be speaking to begin with. Mind your role, woman.
            I had to make a joke today as nothing is funny

Comment

I had to make a joke today as nothing is funny
              Ditto. Today's events give me a heavy heart.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

A list of the art that is in there

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/no...JDi5utYkWQqsL/

Comment

Ugh. I read the rose windows are gone.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Ugh. I read the rose windows are gone.
                    Yeah, when I posted that a couple hours ago, I thought of you.

It's just amazing the sheer volume of relics that were lost.

One thing one of the radio broadcasters pointed out that not only the rose windows, but the other stained glass windows also each held a story, they illustrated different scenes from the bible, and they had also been there since the building was built in the 1100's.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

One thing one of the radio broadcasters pointed out that not only the rose windows, but the other stained glass windows also each held a story, they illustrated different scenes from the bible, and they had also been there since the building was built in the 1100's.
                      Oops. Missed that.

I still remember being in awe of that place even in high school. Especially the glass.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

Some don't realize this. The glasswork in these old churches.....pardon my sin, but JFC, they are gorgeous and hold meaning.

Comment

Some don't realize this. The glasswork in these old churches.....pardon my sin, but JFC, they are gorgeous and hold meaning.
                          This is why you should always spring for the most detailed tour when you visit these places. Find the oldest, craggiest guide. Every inch of a cathedral has its own history, much of it poignant; some of it downright hysterically funny and deeply sacrilegious. We took a tour of York Cathedral about 10 years ago and I still bring up HD 3D versions of the interior and trace it foot by foot and remember the stories. The artists and even moreso the craftsmen were working these contracts for a non-trivial portion of their lifespans. The work became their life. They are talking to each other in stone, making wry jokes, and competing as hard as a rap battle. It's beautiful to find the key and start to understand -- the craftsman is present every bit as much as a narrator in a novel.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            This is why you should always spring for the most detailed tour when you visit these places. Find the oldest, craggiest guide. Every inch of a cathedral has its own history, much of it poignant; some of it downright hysterically funny and deeply sacrilegious. We took a tour of York Cathedral about 10 years ago and I still bring up HD 3D versions of the interior and trace it foot by foot and remember the stories. The artists and even moreso the craftsmen were working these contracts for a non-trivial portion of their lifespans. The work became their life. They are talking to each other in stone, making wry jokes, and competing as hard as a rap battle. It's beautiful to find the key and start to understand -- the craftsman is present every bit as much as a narrator in a novel.
                            In a more basic sense, whenever I travel, I talk to the locals. What do THEY do? What's the history, the goings-on, etc. I want the fabric that made that town, etc.

Comment

In a more basic sense, whenever I travel, I talk to the locals. What do THEY do? What's the history, the goings-on, etc. I want the fabric that made that town, etc.
                              Old waitresses at restaurants. Old conductors on trains. Get away from the concierge and talk to your cabbie. (Just don't go to brothel he suggests -- he's getting a percentage and they're going to roll you.)
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Old waitresses at restaurants. Old conductors on trains. Get away from the concierge and talk to your cabbie. (Just don't go to brothel he suggests -- he's getting a percentage and they're going to roll you.)
                                You're picking up what I'm putting down.

Comment

Working...
                                X